*TANGLE TEEZER* is the truth....

jamaica68

I was very skeptical of this product but I tried it first with dry hair with a braid out in which the results were good and then with wet hair with conditioner. I am in love!!!!! I went to the store yesterday and grabbed two more.

Gross Story: When walking into the Sally's yesterday, I asked these two sales associates for the teezer. They had no clue as to what I was referring to and I kept saying Tangle Teezer, it comes in a box, the response: no nooo the only thing that we have in the box is the denman, are you sure you picked it up from a Sally's. Finally I saw a sign that said Tangle Teezer and I'm like THIS is what I'm looking for. The ladies go OHHHHHHHHHHHH ok we have that, here it is. So one associate takes me to where they keep it (side note: why do they keep the teezer in a separate section from the brushes, I've gone to two sally's and the results are always the same it's weird) and so the associate (spanish lady) asks me about the Teezer and how I liked it. She then proceeds to take a teezer out of the box and brush her hair with it. :blush::nono::perplexed:ohwell:

The extremely gross part of the story is that she put it back in the box and back on the rack.

Ok, that is gross. I just washed the extra two I have.

Last edited:

Beany

I went to Sally's yesterday. SOLD OUT. The girl said they've been selling out quick. Shipment comes in Wednesday...will be getting a few

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I was very skeptical of this product but I tried it first with dry hair with a braid out in which the results were good and then with wet hair with conditioner. I am in love!!!!! I went to the store yesterday and grabbed two more.

Gross Story: When walking into the Sally's yesterday, I asked these two sales associates for the teezer. They had no clue as to what I was referring to and I kept saying Tangle Teezer, it comes in a box, the response: no nooo the only thing that we have in the box is the denman, are you sure you picked it up from a Sally's. Finally I saw a sign that said Tangle Teezer and I'm like THIS is what I'm looking for. The ladies go OHHHHHHHHHHHH ok we have that, here it is. So one associate takes me to where they keep it (side note: why do they keep the teezer in a separate section from the brushes, I've gone to two sally's and the results are always the same it's weird) and so the associate (spanish lady) asks me about the Teezer and how I liked it. She then proceeds to take a teezer out of the box and brush her hair with it. :blush::nono::perplexed:ohwell:

The extremely gross part of the story is that she put it back in the box and back on the rack.

Ewwwww...which Sally's is this so I know to avoid that one.

lolascurls

Ok, so I used the tangle teezer to detangle my hair when i finally took down my kinky twists on Friday evening!
1) It took so little time to detangle the hair. I sprayed some diluted aloe vera juice on each of 5 sections and divided in half before "teezing".. :lol:
2) I lost very little hair on the edges in front and the sides! :yay:
3) Ok, I still lost a token amount on my crown area but that is always my funny area!
4) I hadn't detangled that hair in 8 weeks and I didn't lose more than a handful of hair (trust me.....I usually lose twice that much - at least - after that long)

Finally ladies, it really seems to smooth the cuticle of my hair. Each section was SOFT and I could smoothly twist them away after detangling.
Best of all, the hair STAYS detangled!

Anyway... I HAVE TWO tangle teezers already (one regular size and one compact size!)

Before you ask, I got the purple glitter one and the compact black and gold!

JaelJael

I just bought one 2 days ago & used it last night---LOVE IT!!! I have previously used a wide toothed comb then the denman, then the modified denman and this is by far the best. I normally lose A LOT of hair and I probably lost a quarter of what I usually do. I used it in the shower on wet hair saturated with conditioner, detangled like a dream!

chelseatiara

saw some yesterday at sallys. wanted to get one for my SO but the boxes were tampered with smdh sticking with the shower comb

virtuenow

Hmm, you should probably be washing the new stuff you buy anyway...(don't ya think) :). you really have no idea where any item has been--unless you made it yourself.

Last edited:

empressri

lydc....the one across from roosevelt field? in the mall with the dollar tree?

if i think i know who you're talking about she is a bit of a ditz. the black lady that's really fair skin in there is EXTREMELY nice and the white lady with the frizzy frizzy blond hair. she's okay too.

everyone else it a bit one flew off the cuckoo's nest in there. i thought this one girl was gonna break her neck trying to weave check me in there last summer, it was HILARIOUS.

GulfCoastChica

I am going to take my sew-in down this weekend and I am dreading the detangling session I will have to go through afterwards so I am definitely going to go pick 1 or 2 of these up this evening.

if i think i know who you're talking about she is a bit of a ditz. the black lady that's really fair skin in there is EXTREMELY nice and the white lady with the frizzy frizzy blond hair. she's okay too.

everyone else it a bit one flew off the cuckoo's nest in there. i thought this one girl was gonna break her neck trying to weave check me in there last summer, it was HILARIOUS.

[hijack] I'm pretty sure that's the one. With Super Cuts and a bunch of other random stores, right?

Anyway, I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who noticed this! I always meet the same white woman with black hair when I go in there. Something is very off about her. . .I can't put my finger on it but it's definitely there.
[/hijack]

GodMadeMePretty

I had no issues using it in the shower, it worked just as well as when i tried it out the shower, wet, damp or dry i luuuuuuuv this thing! I dont know how but it even seems to help with my SSKs which were really getting on my nerves, so if for no other reason, i'll use it for that!

THIS! Sold!

Last edited:

qchelle

I am going to take my sew-in down this weekend and I am dreading the detangling session I will have to go through afterwards so I am definitely going to go pick 1 or 2 of these up this evening.

I'm taking down my sew-in this weekend too! Is the detangling really bad after take-down? Uh oh...I may have to get a TT sooner than I thought.

SimplyBlessed

:sad: i went to get one today and the higher ups were at the store...

the store was out of stock, they said that this thing is selling like hot cakes for all the stores, they are trying to give it its own little display and will be ordering more inventory for my stores...

so hopefully I can get my hands on one soon and see what all the hype is about :yep:

davisbr88

Used one today for my weekly detangling session.
O
M
G
Fabulous. I detangled my whole head in like 15 minutes. This is totally a keeper. My denman is bout to gets NO love after this.

winnettag

Ok, it's a lot like the denman, but I do like it better.
I don't have to do as many passes on each section & it doesn't make my ends clump together (which hinders the detangling process for me.)

BrooklynSouth

OK...I believe it already! The longer my hair grows in the natural state the more it seems to tangle so I bought three from SALLYS.com...doubt there'd be any in store after this thread...so 2 for me, one for mom.

I went to that Sally's once several years ago :lol: and there checkout person was odd, androgynous and not to be mean but very gross lol. I would hope she wasn't the one who sampled the Tangle Teezer :rofl:.

I got the pink one at Sally's last night. I wasn't happy with the color choices but it seems to work very nicely just for brushing through the hair gently. It seems gentler than brushes or combs and smooths the cuticle nicely. I like it.

BrooklynSouth

Just as I thought...sales associate said the TT was out of stock for weeks at the Georgetown Mall in Brooklyn. She has no idea when a restock will come....so, Brooklynites don't bother going for it there-order on line-my order has already been shipped:drunk:.

Finally, I have my TTs..love it!!

Last edited:
This is so funny!

I have owned and swear by TT's since '07.

I actually bought mine from the clothes show Birmingham as the maker was selling 3 for £10, as i wasn't sure i only bought one!

The Guy who invented TT was on the UK version of "Dragons Den" but failed to get any backing from the big investers, so decided to go it alone and managed to get TT's into Boots and the rest is history.

I cannot live with my TT, works a treat on wet hair :)