DESIGN ESSENTIALS LO-LYE

Lindy

Hey you all!! :wave:
Does anyone here use this, and if so, how do you like it and how long have you been using it? My stylist used this on my hair last night for the first time and so far so good but I'm always a little nervous about switching relaxers. I've been using Motions Mild Lye relaxer for over a year before this, and just felt like I wanted to try something else. TIA

pmichael52172

I use to when I was relaxed. Loved it too. I started a thread on it a long while back and there are other threads with raves and opinions on it. Do a search for Design Essentials and you'll get tons of helpful info.

Crystalicequeen123

Hey....

Yea, I used to have my hair relaxed w/Design Essentials Lo-Lye w/shea butter. I loved it too! :yep: The only thing I didn't like was that this relaxer is SO hard to find! Not too many salons carry it either :nono: But this relaxer was great w/my fine-textured hair. I really saw an improvement in my hair condition, and my hair got thicker, stronger, and longer. :up:

The only reason why I stopped using it is because since my hair never really quite got straight, it was a chore to do straight styles at times. Plus, I noticed that in humidity and heat, my hair would frizz up really easily and would become sort of "fly-away". :nono: NOT cute!! Not sure if any other ladies experienced this though. :look:

But overall....I liked this relaxer. I noticed over the years however that they seemed to strengthen the formual....a little TOO much. I'm not sure if I really liked that. But I don't know...maybe it was the stylist who put it in my hair.

pmichael52172

I bought mine by the 4lb tub off of ebay. Wasn't more than $35 for the whole tub. Mind you, that's half the price of ONE touch up in my area ($70)

Lindy

Thanks ladies!! Your opinions of this relaxer sound very good! I will try doing a search and see what I can come up with. I was not wild about the Motions Mild Lye. It seems like my hair isn't doing as well these days as it was in previous years... but that could also be because I haven't been keeping up with the deep conditioning like I used to... :look: I'm also going to start taking my hair vitamins again and see if I can restore my hair to better health and get back the length I seem to have lost somewhere along the way!! :ohwell: