maple leaf club

MSF

ive been browsing this site a a while now and thought i might as well register
since we have a new board we might as well have a section for all those who live in Canada
does n e 1 know where 2 get the RELAX line (john freida) here in toronto/Canada??

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue"> ] Hello MLC!
I'm in toronto too.
I've read some negative things about the line RELAX on another discussion forum but I'll let you know if I come across it.

Mahalialee4

A Canadian Thread would be nice. I live in Canada, and many of the products just are not available. for example. GNC Nourishair Vitamins are available in the states. I have been to about 5 GNC stores where I am at in Western Canada and they each have told me that they do not bring that one in to Canada. Maybe someone else in Canada has had a better result. It is SO EXPENSIVE TO order order over the net because we always end up paying THREE TIMES THE AMOUT, what with the exchange rate and then the shipping AND postal AND the bloody GST. Some American companies ship overseas and not to Canada and yet we are part of a Free Trade Agreement. Go Figure! Bonjour.

sbg4evr

I agree a Canadian thread would be nice or even a Canadian discussion where we can state where we find products. I have a hard time finding products that I know that work without going to NYC or sacrificing my first born.

One of the GNCs in Montreal carry Nourishair. You are lucky that you had 5 GNC stores to go to, in Montreal there are only 2. Have you tried calling the Customer Service number 1-888-462-2548 that is in Mississauga or the email [email protected] to find out why they do not carry it?

nomadpixi

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
sbg4evr said:
I agree a Canadian thread would be nice or even a Canadian discussion where we can state where we find products. I have a hard time finding products that I know that work without going to NYC or sacrificing my first born.

One of the GNCs in Montreal carry Nourishair. You are lucky that you had 5 GNC stores to go to, in Montreal there are only 2. Have you tried calling the Customer Service number 1-888-462-2548 that is in Mississauga or the email [email protected] to find out why they do not carry it?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really glad this thread got picked up again. I live sort of in between Ottawa and Montreal (closer to Ottawa). Vitamins are really hard to find here, but I'b be willing to drive to Montreal if they had the UNH at GNC. I'm still using MaxiHair and some Biotin I got from my last trip to the States. Is the Biotin in Canada limited to 300mcg and under? Just something I noticed when going to look for products recently.

I do use Quest Super once-a-day as a multivitamin. It seems to work well, but I'll have to let you know in a few more months.
Wishing us all luck suplement hunting!

sbg4evr

Nomadpixi you may be right about the biotin, I just did a web search of cdn vitamin companies and the highest I saw was 250 mcg. Right now I would like to get my hands on Aubrey Organics. As per the Aubrey website there are 6 stores in my area that carry there products. I called up all the stores and they do not carry Aubrey. I emailed Aubrey about 1.5-2 months ago and I got no response. I have to email them again.

Aalize

A store near me sells biotin in 1000mcg, which is equivalent to 1mg. The store is called S&amp;H Health foods. I will do a search for their number so you can call and see if theres a location near you

nomadpixi

Hey, that was sweet of you! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif Thanks! I wish I could help you with the Elasta QP thing, but all I found was the US manufacturers phone number (800.428.8073) and website
http://www.kenra.com/html/history.asp
Perhaps you can get more info from them about Canadian distributors. HTH too!

sbg4evr

Thanks for the link. I just tried it. There is a different telephone number for Elasta products. Here it is. 800.441.2372 .
email: [email protected]
I sent them an email to see if the mango butter is available in Canada. I personnally use to love the Feel Like Silk Gel when I had a texturizer. Now the gel feel sticky with my natural hair.

sbg4evr

Here is the reply I received from Elasta Products. This should help you Aalize.

Thank you for your inquiry regarding Elasta Products. It is always a pleasure to hear from satisfied customers.

I have listed names of distributors for Elasta Products in Canada below. If they do not carry Mango Butter Moisturizer, please ask them to order it for you.

Shades Of Beauty

39 Orfus Road

Toronto, Ontario Canada

M6A1L7

Modern Beauty Supply

# 3 6020 11th Street SE

Calgary, AB Canada

T2H2L7

Thanks again for your interest in Elasta Products.

Debbie Thrasher

Customer Service Manager

800-441-2372

<font color="blue"> </font>

nappi

4 tha elasta products try BEAUTY SUPPLY DISCOUNT STORE
they have errrthing there
major intersection EGLINTON/OAKWOOD (right near blockbuster)
my ass is always up in there i luv that shop/their products

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue"> Hi!
There is a good beauty supply store at Keel and Sheppard they carry alot of good products including the whole Elasta line /images/graemlins/smile.gif </font>

Faith

Hi Mahalialee, I'm in Edmonton and they have it here. I thought you were in Montreal? When did you move west? West where...Vancouver?

Faith

Hi sbg4ever,
Many healthfood stores here(Edmonton) carry almost all the Aubrey products or are more than happy to bring in whatever a customer requests. Which items were you looking for? Which city are you in?

Faith

Hmmm, next time I drive down to Calgary I will have to pick up some mango butter. Thanks for the post /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Faith

Ok, this is a reaaaaaally good thread cause I have been looking for the 24mm ceramic flatiron by Jilbere. Do any of you know where I can find this in Canada? There's a Canadian company in Calgary(Danyco...sp?) that carries Jilbere but not the one I'm looking for. I also saw it on a site (based in Florida) but I would like to skip the S&amp;H fees. The one I'm looking for looks like this... http://www.goodmans.net/product_information.asp?number=JL-JB2555&amp;back=yes&amp;dept=456&amp;last=307 Thanks /images/graemlins/smile.gif

caramelbarbie

<font color="blue"> Hi Faith! I'm looking for a 24mm ceramic flat iron too but I'm inToronto. GRRRr I'll keep hunting. Its just so fustrating trying to find things here. /images/graemlins/frown.gif I refuse to order it online cause we all know how expensive the shipping charges are.
/images/graemlins/mad.gif</font>

Julia

I have never seen one in Toronto. But, I know that Discount Beauty Supplies on Eglington may be able to order if for you. Why don't you call them and see what they can do for you. I wish there was only a 20 minute drive to the nearest Sally's... /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sbg4evr

Here is the answer I received from Pantene re the new Relaxed and Natural line.

<font color="blue"> </font> Unfortunately, Pantene Relaxed &amp; Natural is not available in Canada. While we
have no plans to market it in Canada in the immediate future, we do wish to
thank you for your interest in this product and will take your suggestion into
consideration the next time we review our product lineup.

Thanks for contacting Pantene.

Andrew

CDN P&amp;G Team

caramelbarbie

That really sucks! /images/graemlins/mad.gif Did you email them?? If you have the email....I'll email them too. Im sure the more people from canada asking for the product here the better.

Renee604

sbg4evr,

Since I live in Vancouver, I just go directly to the store,but they are very reliable and trustworthy.They'll ship anywhere in Canada and if you can't seem to find a certain product, they'll order it in for you.