Question Search feature missing?

ilong

God's Own
I'm no IT technician, but doesn't it take awhile when servers go down to fix them sometimes? It's definitely not a snap of the fingers issue. I agree that we could have been updated, but how do we know we still have the same IT staff? Or that people weren't on vacation or dealing with a family emergency and took a while to be reached? Sometimes IT problems just happen and we have to wait for them to figure it out. It could have been a very complicated error. That doesnt mean they don't care.

YES - very possible!!!! - however updates would have been nice. Also, if the servers are "old hardware" and a part failed - it may have been very difficult (if at all ) to locate the parts. Then the task of re-configuration, testing, etc. Years ago I had an entire telecommunications network ( at a fortune 500 company) working at half the capacity for almost an entire week, due to component failures which lead to server failure, which led to ... etc, etc, etc
So... only losing search "functionality" for a non-critical application would have a very low MTTR (mean time to restore) - which translates to very low priority - get to it when time permits.
Sorry - team - but that is the real of it.

kandake

I don't frequent other message boards as often as LHCF but, correct me if I'm wrong, all the non-paid sites with frequent traffic don't have these issues. Right?

Avaya

I can't believe this problem still hasn't been fixed after all these months. Utterly ridiculous! Welp, back to LSA I go :drunk:!

SuchaLady

Mine ends around the same and I'm not either. I have more pride than to pay for this. ETA: And what you wanna bet if it was some glitch with the payment button, we would have had a formal statement followed by a fix date of 48 hours tops :lol:

I just lol'd so hard at I have more pride than to pay for this

JustSitNBePretty

Mine ends around the same and I'm not either. I have more pride than to pay for this.

ETA: And what you wanna bet if it was some glitch with the payment button, we would have had a formal statement followed by a fix date of 48 hours tops :lol:

Right! How come there's never a problem with the payment form, but there's a problem with every other part of this forum?

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I just went over to LSA to see what was happening over there and WOW! They seem to have everything that people here have been wanting, so there is the option of hanging there.

I'm beginning to wonder if LHCF will close down soon. I belonged to a raw food forum that had been around for a long time. One day, they just started having more and more issues with vague explanations (the moderators were in the dark too or so they said) and in two years, the owner shut it down for good. This feels the same way to me...

brooklyngal73

SteelyDan/DonaldFagenFan!
:yep:......

I just went over to LSA to see what was happening over there and WOW! They seem to have everything that people here have been wanting, so there is the option of hanging there.

Well DAMN! :nono:

I'm beginning to wonder if LHCF will close down soon. I belonged to a raw food forum that had been around for a long time. One day, they just started having more and more issues with vague explanations (the moderators were in the dark too or so they said) and in two years, the owner shut it down for good. This feels the same way to me...