Aaaahhhh !!!! I gave myself a haircut....

henrilou

Oh my god. I can't believe I did this...I wanted some shorter pieces in front, angled so it GRADUALLY got longer toward the back. Well I just knew I could do it myself...What I got was a STEP. It's all to my chin on one side then just drops to the back. I didn't do the other side because I thought I would screw that up to... Oh my god. It's fine when I put it up, or if I tuck it behind my ear you can't tell. I don't know if I should get my stylist to try and fix it (but that would mean MORE cutting) or if I should just wear it up all winter, which is a good thing anyway. It's not THAT bad....But I sure did mess up one side...

LondonDiva

Like you said Herilou, it's not that bad. More times than many when we "jack" up our hair to others it looks fine. When we look at out hair on this board as much as some of us do we notice the tiniest details which to someone else is not at all noticeable.

Has your boyfriend seen your cut? If so what did he make of it? Or anyone else for that matter. Sometimes the signifcant other may not be a good idea as they don't notice a hair colour or cut sometimes.

If you are worried about the stylist getting too scissor happy then my advic to you is not to go, unless you go to a stylist who you 100% trust with those scissors and your hair. If not wear it up like you suggested for the winter time which will be a nice protective style for you. But does it really get THAT cold on the West Coast? /images/graemlins/smile.gif I sure would like to be there for the winter.

sweetcocoa

When I messed mine up(which is all the time /images/graemlins/blush.gif ...) I just wore it back. Then when I got a trim...I had her 'fix' it without removing alot of hair.

adrienne0914

awww... i used to do that to my own hair too. when i first started going to my stylist, as soon as i sat down, "OH! you cut your own hair, huh?.... i can tell..." /images/graemlins/grin.gif

girl, Rome wasn't built in a day. wear it up for a while then get it corrected so that not so much hair has to be cut to fix it. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

henrilou

London, Sweetcocoa, and Adrienne. Thanks for the encouraging words. Well I got up this morning, thinking that maybe it didn't really happen. Well it did really happen and it's not nice. I put my hair up and came on into work. No one has noticed cuz it's up and I am not ready to talk about it. No it's not that bad... but it's messed up...

hairfanatic

Hi Henrilou,

That doesn't sound bad at all. I wouldn't let the stylist do anything. Your idea about wearing it up until it grows out sounds like a good thing to do.

MissM

Girl, wait till it grows out to gradually fix it. Don't go to a stylist unless you really trust them to fix it really good.