Daily Devotion, Daily Wisdom

baddison

natural for good
December 4, 2014

Devotional:

On God my salvation and my glory rest; The rock of my strength, my refuge is in God. Psalm 62:7 (NASB)

Who we are, what becomes of us in life, and what we accomplish of significance are all in God's hands. We cannot achieve lasting honour for ourselves without his blessing. We cannot secure our future or our safety without his protection and blessing. The basis of all achievement and glory is dependent upon our willingly placing our lives in his care.

Prayer:
O Rock, Fortress of my life, I place myself in your care. Take charge of my future and use me for your glory. In you I take refuge and on your strength I rely to make my days worthwhile. In the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
How much better it is to get wisdom than gold! And to get understanding is to be chosen above silver. Proverbs 16:16 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 5, 2015

Devotional:

For there is one God, and one mediator also between God and men, the man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself as a ransom for all, the testimony [fn]given at [fn]the proper time. 1 Timothy 2:5-6 (NASB)

We do not need to have another human, no matter how mighty, pious, or special, to intercede for us before God. As his children, we can go freely, knowing that God himself has provided the perfect mediator between himself and us. That mediator, alone, is head of the Church and Chief Priest before God on our behalf. His name is Christ Jesus, and he is our Lord, Savior and brother.

Prayer:
O God, you are my God, and I praise you for making access to you so freely available. I know that if left to my own power, I would have no strength or righteous with which to approach you. Yet in your grace, you not only provided a ransom for my sin, but you also provided a mediator for my approach to you. Jesus, I thank you as well, for paying the price and staying at the Father's side to intercede and speak for me! Thank you, Jesus, for making this prayer known to the Father as I pray in your name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain, But a woman who [fn]fears the LORD, she shall be praised. Proverbs 31:30 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 6, 2014

Devotional:

He made Him who knew no sin to be sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him. 2 Corinthians 5:21 (NASB)

Righteousness! That's what we are. We are not righteous. No, it is much bigger than that. We are God's righteousness. We are the testimony of how holy, just and gracious he truly is because, in Jesus, we are his righteousness!

Prayer:
Thank You, Almighty God, for making me righteous in the blood of your son's death. May people see in me, a reflection of your holiness, justice, and mercy as I try to share with them your grace. Through Jesus, your sacrifice for my sins I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The wise in heart will be called understanding, And sweetness of [fn]speech increases [fn]persuasiveness. Proverbs 16:21 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 8, 2014

Devotional:

He was despised and forsaken of men, A man of [fn]sorrows and acquainted with [fn]grief; And like one from whom men hide their face He was despised, and we did not esteem Him. Surely our [fn]griefs He Himself bore, And our [fn]sorrows He carried; Yet we ourselves esteemed Him stricken, [fn]Smitten of God, and afflicted. Isaiah 53:3-4 (NASB)

Jesus was everything and became nothing for us. Yet most of the people who were on earth that he came to save didn't know him or accept him. The crowds just assumed he deserved what he got. Most did not repent. But there was something about that sacrificial story that has grabbed hearts over the years and called God's lost children home. In our journey home, we find him to not only be a Savior, but a servant for our salvation as well.

Prayer:
God Almighty, your plan to redeem me takes my breath away. Why you chose to take your precious son and expose him to such public disgrace while he was on earth I will never comprehend. But this I do know: you love me with an everlasting love and I will serve you with all of my strength in thanks for his great sacrifice. Thank you for your love. In the name of Jesus Christ, my Lord and Savior, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The soul of the sluggard craves and gets nothing, But the soul of the diligent is made fat. Proverbs 13:4 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 9, 2014

Devotional:

But He was [fn]pierced through for our transgressions, He was crushed for our iniquities; The chastening for our [fn]well-being fell upon Him, And by His scourging we are healed. All of us like sheep have gone astray, Each of us has turned to his own way; But the LORD has caused the iniquity of us all To [fn]fall on Him. Isaiah 53:5-6 (NASB)

I don't know how Jesus could stand up under its weight. He had my sin, your sin, our sin. He allowed it to be placed upon him so that we would not have to bear the consequences of it all. But in that sacrifice, as horrible as it was, we find ourselves healed — cured of the most awful disease a person can have, a sin-sick soul. He was pierced, crushed, and punished for our sins. In their place, he has left us his transforming peace and a place to belong.

Prayer:
God of peace, fill my soul with the wonder of your grace. Let me not forget the cost of your love. Stir in me the constant and abiding memory of your redemptive grace. Thank you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
My son, observe the commandment of your father And do not forsake the [fn]teaching of your mother; Proverbs 6:20 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 10, 2014

Devotional:

For the choir director. A Psalm of David. The fool has said in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, they have committed abominable [fn]deeds; There is no one who does good. Psalm 14:1 (NASB)

At one time or another, most of us raised an angry fist to fate and cursed the darkness. Each of these actions is about as equally effective. But to deny there is a God is something else altogether. To rob heaven of God is to rob ourselves of grace, hope, and future. How foolish indeed to forget that behind a Creation of wonder, order, variety, beauty, power, and pattern is the Creator. He is far greater than his handiwork and we dare not ignore, deny, or dismiss him.

Prayer:
O Lord God Almighty, Creator and Sustainer, thank you for not only being there, but being with me today. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The wise in heart will be called understanding, And sweetness of [fn]speech increases [fn]persuasiveness. Proverbs 16:21 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 11, 2014

Devotional:

As Jesus was about to go up to Jerusalem, He took the twelve disciples aside by themselves, and on the way He said to them, “Behold, we are going up to Jerusalem; and the Son of Man will be [fn]delivered to the chief priests and scribes, and they will condemn Him to death, and will hand Him over to the Gentiles to mock and scourge and crucify Him and on the third day He will be raised up.” Matthew 20:17-19 (NASB)

One thing the Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John) make clear, Jesus' death on the cross was no accident. Jesus knew the challenge that awaited him in Jerusalem and he walked into it to deliver us from the same fate. If only we will face our challenges with a faith that God will lead us to triumph beyond our pain!

Prayer:
Holy God and Loving Father, thank you for your plan to cover my sin with your grace by the death of your Son. May I live today aware of his sacrifice and confident of his victory over sin and death, so my life may reflect your victory. In the name of Jesus, my precious Savior, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of knowledge; Fools despise wisdom and instruction. Proverbs 1:7 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 12, 2014

Devotional:

[fn]fixing our eyes on Jesus, the [fn]author and perfecter of faith, who for the joy set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2 (NASB)

"He drives where he looks, he drives where he looks!" That statement made by a disgruntled wife about her husband really spoke the truth. He invariably would turn the steering wheel in the direction he was looking. This principle is also true of each of us and our life: "Lives where she or he looks!" That's why it's important to fix our eyes on Jesus! Our life will follow where we look! Let's make sure that our gaze on Jesus.

Prayer:
Almighty and holy God, without your grace and the gift of your salvation I could not approach you with confidence. Thank you for sending Jesus! Thank you for his life, his death, his resurrection, his exaltation and his intercession. I pledge this day to keep my eyes on him! Through his holy name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Do not say, “I will repay evil”; Wait for the LORD, and He will save you. Proverbs 20:22 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 13, 2014

Devotional:
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace; Ephesians 1:7 (NASB)

Forgiveness! What a sweet and precious gift. What we were powerless to fix, make up or pay for, God did for us in Jesus. With him, each day is a fresh start and rebirth of Springtime. But my, such a terrible cost he paid to give it to us!

Prayer:
Thank you, Father, for your anguish and cost to forgive my sins by the blood of your Son. I refuse to take lightly the cost of my sin and will live for your glory in appreciation of your grace. In the name of him who sacrificed all for my salvation I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
For the upright shall dwell in the land, and the perfect shall remain in it. But the wicked shall be cut off from the earth, and the transgressors shall be rooted out of it. Proverbs 2:21-22 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 15, 2014

Devotional:

For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died; and He died for all, so that they who live might no longer live for themselves, but for Him who died and rose again on their behalf. 2 Corinthians 5:14-15 (NASB)

"What am I living for?" While that is an important question, the most important question of all is "Who am I living for?" Only one person can insure that I will never die because he has already died for me and conquered death! If he was willing to die for me, I'm for sure going to live for him!

Prayer:
Victorious Lord, thank you for giving me triumph over death through Jesus, my Lord. Thank you for giving me victory over sin through his sacrificial death. Thank you for giving me victory today in my life as I live it for him. Through the precious name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
There is gold, and an abundance of [fn]ewels; But the lips of knowledge are a more precious thing. Proverbs 20:15 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 16, 2014

Devotional:

Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective [fn]prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much. James 5:16 (NASB)

To confess is to do two things with our sin: 1) to recognize sin for what it is in God's eyes and 2) to get rid of our secrets and be honest with another Christian. James' language is powerful. He mentions that this confession doesn't just bring forgiveness. It also brings healing.

Prayer:
Holy Father, I have sinned. I now confess my own personal sin of ____________. I ask for your forgiveness and for your Spirit to strengthen me in overcoming temptation. I want to live for you and not let my sin, any sin, entangle me and draw me away from you. Through Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and turn away from evil. Proverbs 3:7 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 17, 2014

Devotional:

“I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and [fn]the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me. Galatians 2:20 (NASB)

When we were baptized into Christ, we shared in his crucifixion and we were raised up to be a new person. Christ is alive in us. The real challenge is for us to be Christ alive in our world! Our motivation? Not to earn salvation, which has already been given us by grace, but to honor him who sacrificed all to save us. (See Romans 6:1-14)

Prayer:
Thank you, God, for loving me and sending Jesus to redeem me from my sin. I commit to you today that I will live by faith in your Son who gave himself so I can spend eternity with you. I ask that by your Spirit, you help Jesus' life be seen in me. Through him I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
A righteous man who walks in his integrity— How blessed are his sons after him. Proverbs 20:7 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 18, 2014

Devotional:

For if while we were enemies we were reconciled to God through the death of His Son, much more, having been reconciled, we shall be saved [fn]by His life. Romans 5:10 (NASB)

Jesus didn't just die for my sins; he lives for me. In fact, he is at God's right hand claiming me as his own (see 1 John 2:2). If he was willing to die to save me, what will he withhold now that he lives victorious over death?

Prayer:
Holy and Righteous Father, I thank you for Jesus who is at your side and who knows my heart, my struggles, and my world. I thank you for your constant care and protection through all of my difficulties and triumphs. Please make your presence known more clearly today than ever before as I try to serve you with wholehearted devotion. In the name of Jesus I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
My son, do not reject the [fn]discipline of the LORD. Or loathe His reproof, For whom the LORD loves He reproves, Even as a father corrects the son in whom he delights. Proverbs 3:11-12 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 19, 2014

Devotional:

Let love of the brethren continue. Hebrews 13:1 (NASB)

Jesus was God with us. No imitation, knock off, or clone, he was God with us. To this day, he sustains all creation with his word — so much for "Mother Nature." But now God-with-us has paid for our sins and is not just God-with-us, but he is also God-for-us at the Father's side.

Prayer:
Precious Lord, as you have so many times in the past, you take these humble human words and bring them to the Father as my friend and brother. Thank you for your sacrifice for my sins. Thank you for your sustaining presence in our universe. Thank you for your daily intercession. Thank you for being God-for-me at the Father's side. To the glorious, majestic and holy God, who sent Jesus as Savior, be glory, honor, and adoration forever and ever. Amen.

Wisdom:
Wine is a mocker, strong drink a brawler, And whoever [fn]is intoxicated by it is not wise. Proverbs 20:1 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 20, 2014

Devotional:

For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died for the ungodly. For one will hardly die for a righteous man; [fn]though perhaps for the good man someone would dare even to die. But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:6-8 (NASB)

Jesus did not die for us because he had some high hopes for who we are or what we would be. No, he died for us because he knew exactly who we are and what we would be without him. Praise be to God; we are now God's righteousness because Jesus took our sin upon himself and gave us God's grace and righteousness in its place (2 Corinthians 5:17-21).

Prayer:
Holy God, thank you for Jesus, my Savior. No words are adequate to express my love and devotion to you for such an incredible gift! Through him I give and live my thanks to you. Amen.

Wisdom:
Go to the ant, O sluggard, Observe her ways and be wise, Proverbs 6:6 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 22, 2014

Devotional:

and He Himself [fn]bore our sins in His body on the [fn]cross, so that we might die to [fn]sin and live to righteousness; for by His [fn]wounds you were healed. 1 Peter 2:24 (NASB)

He bore our sins. He didn't just carry them; he suffered the penalty we deserved. His anguish was our healing. His suffering was our righteousness. How can we ever think of going back to sin after he suffered so much to bear its penalty?

Prayer:
Holy God, how you could stand to see your precious Son under the weight of my sin, all sin, I will never understand. Thank you for such great a love and for being so great a God. There is none who can be compared to you, O God. Your greatness is beyond imagining and your love beyond my dreams. I will live today to your glory through Jesus who bore my sin so I could be your child. In the precious name of your Son I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Many plans are in a man’s heart, But the counsel of the LORD will stand. Proverbs 19:21 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 23, 2014

Devotional:

And He was saying to them all, “If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross daily and follow Me. “For whoever wishes to save his [fn]life will lose it, but whoever loses his [fn]life for My sake, he is the one who will save it. Luke 9:23-24 (NASB)

"I've just got to find myself." Won't ever happen. We do not "find ourselves" or "find our life" by pursuing it. We find it by losing it in something, or someone, greater than ourselves. We find our life by losing it to Jesus and the work of his Kingdom.

Prayer:
Master and Maker of all that lives and breathes, take my life and every breath and use it for your glory. May my words and actions this day be pleasing to you. Through Jesus I offer you this prayer and praise. Amen.

Wisdom:
“For he who finds me finds life And obtains favor from the LORD. “But he who [fn]sins against me injures himself; All those who hate me love death.” Proverbs 8:35-36 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 24, 2014

Devotional:

So they came in a hurry and found their way to Mary and Joseph, and the baby as He lay in the [fn]manger. When they had seen this, they made known the statement which had been told them about this Child. And all who heard it wondered at the things which were told them by the shepherds. But Mary treasured all these things, pondering them in her heart. The shepherds went back, glorifying and praising God for all that they had heard and seen, just as had been told them. Luke 2:16-20 (NASB)

The shepherds reaction to baby Jesus is exactly what our reaction will be when we see the returning Jesus: we will glorify and praise God for all the things we see and hear and will find that they are just as God has promised them to us. Since God kept his word in the first coming of Jesus, we can be assured that he will do it with the Second Coming of Jesus!

Prayer:
Faithful and all powerful Lord, thank you for being trustworthy and true. Help me to be faithful to you in what I do and say and think during this stressful yet marvelous time of the year. May I never lose faith in the coming of Jesus and may my faith in him ever shape my life to be more pleasing to you. In the name of your holy Son I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Do not boast about tomorrow, For you do not know what a day may bring forth. Proverbs 27:1 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 25th, 2014

Devotional:

For a child will be born to us, a son will be given to us; And the government will [fn]rest on His shoulders; And His name will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Eternal Father, Prince of Peace. Isaiah 9:6 (NASB)

While Jesus is God's Son and Mary's son, according to Isaiah's prophecy, he is also shared with us. Jesus is the child given to the world so you and I can become God's child. What greater gift can we have than Jesus, and through Jesus, God as our Father.

Prayer:
O loving Father, nn a day so glorious, when the world pauses and acknowledges your gift of Jesus, all I can think to say is simply "Thank you!" Then I am reminded once again that all I have comes from him, because it is in his name, Jesus Christ, Immanuel, I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
My help comes from the LORD, Who made heaven and earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber. Behold, He who keeps Israel Will neither slumber nor sleep. Psalm 121:2-4 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 26, 2014

Devotional:

then he took Him into his arms, and blessed God, and said, “Now Lord, You are releasing Your bond-servant to depart in peace, According to Your word; For my eyes have seen Your salvation, Which You have prepared in the presence of all peoples, A LIGHT [fn]OF REVELATION TO THE GENTILES, And the glory of Your people Israel.” Luke 2:28-32 (NASB)

God's gift to Simeon was truly precious and touching. Yet Simeon is just the embodiment of all of every nation, race, and culture who are seeking God's salvation. God's salvation, as Luke loves to remind us again and again, is for all people! What's more, God's light has dawned. Let's greet that dawn and share it with others.

Prayer:
Lord God of all nations, not only do I pray for peace on our earth, but I pray that the knowledge of Jesus may be spread to every nation this coming year. Please make me sensitive to those around me who need your grace and give me courage and the right words to say. Please stir me to be generous with those who are spreading your Gospel throughout the world. Please bind the work of Satan to keep nations in darkness and away from grace. Make your Kingdom triumph through the growth of your word throughout the world. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
“Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD And whose trust is the LORD. Jeremiah 17:7 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 27, 2014

Devotional:

Owe nothing to anyone except to love one another; for he who loves [fn]his neighbor has fulfilled the law. Romans 13:8 (NASB)

He paid a debt and I owe one. Thank God I don't owe the debt for my sin, but I owe others the same love, respect and grace with which God has treated me!

Prayer:
Holy God who owns all things, I thank you for not just owning me, but for having bought me out of slavery, sin, and death. Please kindle love in my heart through the Holy Spirit so I will love others as you do. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
Laziness casts into a deep sleep, And an idle [fn]man will suffer hunger. Proverbs 19:15 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 29, 2014

Devotional:

Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand, by which also you are saved, if you hold fast [fn]the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you [fn]as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures, 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 (NASB)

The story of the Gospel is simple. The grace of the Gospel is glorious. The sacrifice of the Gospel is incomprehensible. The victory of the Gospel is eternal. The core of the Gospel is Christ.

Prayer:
Almighty Lord, thank you for the empty tomb and Jesus' victory over the grave. Just as Jesus' death pardoned my sin, his resurrection assures my future. Thank you for grace and glory. May my life be lived each day by the power of the resurrection. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, And the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding. Proverbs 9:10 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 30, 2014

Devotional:

For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who [fn]are perishing, but to us who [fn]are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18 (NASB)

Power! We love power. We love the sound and fury of power. We love the ability that power brings to change things. But, the greatest power ever unleashed on this earth was the power displayed when the Almighty God held back his might and fury while his Son was persecuted and murdered. He did it so he could save us. Now that's an awesome display of power, and it was displayed specifically for us!

Prayer:
Holy and Majestic God on high, I praise you for incredible might and power. But I also thank you for your love which guides the release of that power. Thank you for knowing that I am but dust without your sustaining Spirit. Thank you for saving me by withholding your mighty power so I could be pardoned by your sacrificial power. Because of Jesus' mercy, and in his holy name, I offer this prayer. Amen.

Wisdom:
The LORD will not allow the [fn]righteous to hunger, But He will [fn]reject the craving of the wicked. Proverbs 10:3 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
December 31, 2014

Devotional:

Thus says the LORD, Who makes a way through the sea And a path through the mighty waters, “Do not call to mind the former things, Or ponder things of the past. “Behold, I will do something new, Now it will spring forth; Will you not be aware of it? I will even make a roadway in the wilderness, Rivers in the desert. Isaiah 43:16, 18-19 (NASB)

The year is gone, finished, past. We cannot reclaim it or undo it. We cannot rest on the great distance it has brought us. If tomorrow dawns, it will be another day, a new opportunity, and the time to show our faith in Jesus as Lord. Let's journey forward, knowing that God already inhabits the future and promises to provide us refreshment on our journey there.

Prayer:
Lord of all eternity, please help me to learn from my mistakes this past year, but not to dwell on them. Please help me not rest on my accomplishments in this past year, but use them to further your work in me and through me. Please help me not quarrel with those who injured me yesterday, last month, or this past year. Instead, O Father, lead me in your paths and help me see your mighty works this next year. In Jesus' name and by his power I ask it. Amen.

Wisdom:
“BLESSED IS THE MAN WHOSE SIN THELORD WILL NOT TAKE INTO ACCOUNT” Romans 4:8 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 2, 2015

Devotional:

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous! Do not tremble or be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go.” Joshua 1:9 (NASB)

This command and promise to Joshua is also for us as we embrace the upcoming year. We have no idea what lies ahead, we only know that God will go with us if we will ask him on our journey and seek to follow his will. So this verse is not just a promise to cherish, "I will go with you." It is also a command! "Be strong, courageous, and do not be terrified or discouraged." We embrace this upcoming year as an opportunity to serve God and not as something to fear!

Prayer:
Holy and Almighty Father, thank you for being with me as I begin this new year. Please empower me with your Spirit to greet it with passion and excitement for the opportunities ahead. Please forgive me when my own inadequacies and the unknown ahead of me make me fearful and indecisive. Give me courage to live boldly for you this year. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Therefore, [fn]prepare your minds for action, [fn]keep sober in spirit, fix your hope completely on the grace [fn]to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. 1 Peter 1:13 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 3, 2015

Devotional:

[fn]that if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved; for with the heart a person believes, [fn]resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, [fn]resulting in salvation. Romans 10:9-10 (NASB):

Imagine Jesus being proud of you! He said if we confess him before others here on earth, he will speak up for us in heaven. Confessing Jesus as our Lord is simply acknowledging the truth. But for believers, it is more than that, since at the close of time every knee will bow and every tongue confess his name. For us, confessing Jesus is anticipating his triumph in which we will share.

Prayer:
Mighty God, your Son is my Lord. I love him and praise him for his redeeming sacrifice. I thank him for his conquest of the grave. I marvel at his sacrificial and triumphant grace. Jesus is Lord. I know it sounds sweet in your ears so I say it again, Jesus is my Lord. Thank you for being so great that you would be so sacrificial. In the name of my Lord and Savior, Jesus the Carpenter, I offer this thanks. Amen.

Wisdom:
Whoever loves [fn]discipline loves knowledge, But he who hates reproof is stupid. Proverbs 12:1 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 5, 2015

Devotional:

But now Christ has been raised from the dead, the first fruits of those who are asleep. For since by a man came death, by a man also came the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, so also in [fn]Christ all will be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:20-22 (NASB)

Being eternal is nothing new. Being like Jesus completely, eternally, will be new. But when the moment of glory hung in the balance as Jesus was revived from his death sleep, we too were given the assurance that death no longer claims us. The only death that really matters is our death to sin in baptism with Jesus. If we have shared in that death, we will most certainly share in his resurrection (see Romans 6:1-14).

Prayer:
Almighty, Most Powerful God. Because of your grace and the resurrection of Jesus from the dead, I know I will see you face to face. Help me now, however, to live that resurrected life being more like Jesus today than any day ever before. In the name of my risen Lord I pray. Amen.

Wisdom:
Better is a poor man who walks in his integrity Than he who is perverse in [fn]speech and is a fool. Proverbs 19:1 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 6, 2015

Devotional:

“O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR VICTORY? O DEATH, WHERE IS YOUR STING?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law; but thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 1 Corinthians 15:55-57 (NASB)

Victory! Ultimate Victory!! If you don't have the answer for life's biggest test, death, then you have no victory. The Super Bowl and World Series are played every year. The champion is a victor for only one year. But a Christian is a champion forever because in Jesus, a Christian has victory over death.

Prayer:
Thank you God for giving me victory in Jesus Christ. In my daily struggles with sin, please make his will triumphantly present in me now, just as it will be when he raises me from death and brings me home to you. Through my Triumphant King I ask it. Amen.

Wisdom:
Poor is he who works with a negligent hand, But the hand of the diligent makes rich. Proverbs 10:4 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 7, 2015

Devotional:

and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. “[fn]My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. “I and the Father are [fn]one.” John 10:28-30 (NASB)

"He's got the whole world in his hand." Yes, the song may be true, but in a much more special way, God holds his children of faith in his hand. As long as their lives are entrusted to him and his grace, no one or nothing can steal them away.

Prayer:
O Lord, thank you for your steadfast and secure love. Thank you for the assurance that my future rests in your hands. Thank you for holding me in your protective grace. May I live today with confidence and joy knowing that no matter where I find myself, you are there to uphold and sustain me. For this grace, I thank you in Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:

A man will be praised according to his insight, But one of perverse [fn]mind will be despised. Proverbs 12:8 (NASB)

baddison

natural for good
January 8, 2015

Devotional:

For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse. Romans 1:20 (NASB)

The touch of the Masters hand is all around us. We see it in the order, beauty, and dazzling variety of creation. The great expanse of space, with its billions of stars, along with the incredible world of the microscopic are all testimony to an Orderer of great creativity. God has left his fingerprints all over his world so we can know that he has been here and will not abandon the work of his hands.

Prayer:
O God, thank you for your creation. Thank you for its beauty and variety. Thank you for the changing seasons and the beauty of Spring. But most of all, thank you for choosing to show yourself to us, your creatures. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Wisdom:
The words of a whisperer are like dainty morsels, And they go down into the [fn]inermost parts of the body. Proverbs 18:8 (NASB)