Motions Color Return conditioner

G

I just wanted to comment that I used this on my friend's hair after applying a relaxer to her hair. This is a very thick, rich and creamy conditioner and deposits very nice vibrant color onto the hair. She already had light brown and blonde highlights, I used the Auburn Red and it gave her the nicest shine and this gorgeous red.
My only gripe is it doesn't come in black /images/graemlins/frown.gif (for myself. The darkest color is Chocolate brown) But overall I would recommend it, it's a very good conditioning color.

Integrity

thanks for that. i wrote a thread on this last year and nobody responded. it looks cool, motions moisture plus + temporary hair color= motions color return. what a great idea /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

OneShinyface

I bought a tube of the Auburn Red last summer and have yet to use it. This might be something to try though when the weather gets warmer. Did you need to use another conditioner afterwards? Was it very messy or do you think it's something I can use in the shower?
TIA!

G

No, no other conditioner was needed. It's a great conditioner by itself. Very very very moisturizing, like all Motions conditioners. It's not messy, but I wouldn't do it in the shower... you have to apply it being careful not to get it on the hairline to prevent staining, and other than that you have to cover it and let it sit for 15 min or you can sit under the dryer with it. Still since it has color in it, that's too much drama for the shower. You don't want that red stain all in your tub and on the curtains /images/graemlins/barf.gif

G

I don't know, really /images/graemlins/confused.gif I just put in the relaxer and color return last week. I'll be sure to keep you updated. I think it will just fade gradually like any other temporary color.

beana3

I've seen this product in a few stores, but i never quite looked at its true description. I thought it was a shamp and condit line for people with ALREADY semi-perm colored hair to maintain the shine and freshly colored look.
Offhand, do you remember how much it costs??

Also, is it just moisture plus condit with added color, if so i can do that myself!!!
thanks for the heads up

Jaquai

i have this in auburn red it came out nice. motions does describe it as motions plus conditoner with color but i dont think it is as moisturizing as the regular motions plus. it cost 4.99 at sally beauty. just make sure you wear gloves. the first time i did but the last time i didnt cuz i was already in the bathroom and set to apply it and didnt feel like going to get the gloves. my hand were red for days. lol it says on the bottle that it can be used on normal or color treated hair. it lasted about 2 weeks but i was washing my hair everyday then.
http://www.motionshair.com/p_cr_ncr.cfm

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Caramela,

I wish they had it in black too. Maybe if we write them, they'll consider it. I bet they've probably gotten a few requests for black already.

lala

I used this a while back. It provides good coverage. I forget what color I used but my hair turned a bright orange. I think it's a temporary color but the color was really intense. I toned it down with the brown and it was much better. It would be great in black though. The only downside was that the color bled on the collar of every shirt that I wore. I did not have that problem with Aveda's color conditioner though.

Cindy70

I tried the auburn shade of the Motions Color Return conditioner and I have dark-brown colored hair. It gave it a reddish/auburn tint, especially in the sun or under lights, but it did have a tendency to come off on things (combs, curlers).

G

Since Motions doesn't make it, I am hoping that I can get good results w/Sebastian Colourshines, that's the same idea right? I ordered it in black orchid, they also have black cherry.

Cindy70

This thread got me to thinking about trying Motions Color return again. It had been a couple of months since I had tried it. I used it this morning and it came out a lot better than the first time that I tried it. It seemed to be much more moisturizing this time and the reddish tint is nice. Also, I didn't have any of the color residue coming off on things or the color bleeding. Maybe I didn't rinse it out enough the last time. I think that this is a product I'll be using again.