Anyone tired the re-packaged, slightly refomulated Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose?

30something

I was about to restock on my Aubrey Organics honeysuckle rose conditoner since I gave away a few bottles to my mother and discovered that on Vitacost.com Aubrey Organics has change their packaging of many of their products and changed the ingredients in Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle rose. It seems they "replaced" Wheat Germ Oil with Argan Oil among other things. Has anyone be able to tired the new HSR?

According to Vitacost.com Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose New ingredients:

Ingredients: Aqua, cetyl alcohol (from coconut), alcohol denat. (38b, lavender), butyrospermum parkii (shea) butter*, fragrance, aloe barbadensis leaf juice*, glycerin, rosa rubiginosa (rosa mosqueta®) seed oil*, macadamia ternifolia seed oil*, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil*, argania spinosa (argan) nut oil*, citrus grandis (grapefruit) extract, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), tocopherol (vitamin E), calendula officinalis extract*, chamomilla recutita (chamomile) flower extract*, melissa officinalis (balm mint) flower/leaf/stem extract, chrysanthemum sinense flower extract, humulus lupulus (hops) flower extract, magnolia biondii bud/flower extract, lonicera japonica (honeysuckle) flower extract, angelica archangelica root extract, foeniculum vulgare (fennel) seed extract. *Organic

According to Curlmart 2012's list of ingredients for Honeysuckle Rose:

Water (Aqua), Cetyl Alcohol, Alcohol Denat. (38b, Lavender Organic), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (Organic), Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Extract, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice (Organic), Glycerin, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil (Organic), Rosa Rubiginosa Seed Oil (Organic), Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Fruit Extract, Humulus Lupulus (hops) Extract, Melissa Officinalis (Balm Mint) Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Beta Carotene, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Angelica Archangelica Extract, Chrysanthemum Sinense Flower Extract, Magnolia Biondii Flower Extract, Ascorbic Acid

It looks like they took the word Organics off the bottle too.

Attachments

• Aubrey-Honeysuckle-Rose-Conditioner-749985051118.jpg
    Aubrey-Honeysuckle-Rose-Conditioner-749985051118.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 154

chejam

Re: Anyone tired the re-packaged, slightly refomulated Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Ro

I hope this has not change the formula for the worse. My hair loves this product

Ogoma

Re: Anyone tired the re-packaged, slightly refomulated Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Ro

It is probably worse as everything after fragrance is probably at 1% or less :nono:.

Healthb4Length

Wow I hope it's still good. The original formula is ok for me. I'm a WC girl. I'm hoping that with the addition of Argan oil and Shea butter it'll be more moisturizing.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

overtherainbow

I'm kinda excited about this change because I have a terrible intolerance to wheat, especially in conditioners and I've been dying to try AOHR for years. I knew that they were going to change the formula because AO updated the ingredients list on their website a few months back. I am side eying how high fragrance appears on the list though...

Wait a minute...did they swap out the higher quality organic ingredients for cheaper ones?:nono:

Last edited:

mz.rae

I hope this product is still good, the old formula made detangling my natural hair a breeze. Just when I was getting ready to stock up they had to go and change the ingredients. I hope someone chimes in on how the new formula works for them.

Transformer

Whole Foods stopped carrying it.

southerncitygirl

No not yet, macadamia nut oil has ceramides as well so that's good. I see the argan oil which errbody & their mama is putting in products :lol: I hope it is equally as good or better. I rotate my Aubreys conditioners (GBP, JAY, etc.) all the time. I wonder will all of them change too. I like the new packaging. Every time I am out I see the old formulas, cause I tend to get mine from vitamin shoppe on the ground cause its cheaper than other places. Wheat is a common allergen/ intolerance for many so maybe thats why they swapped it, although nut oils cause some folks trouble as well.

ChocolatePie777

I love rose hip oil for my scalp......hopefully its still good......aubrey come take my money!

Does anyone know if the bottle is still stiff as hell?

As far as the organics thing....they havent been "organics" for a while....just aubrey and was wondering when they were going to change that....so im not surprised .......but of course the fragrance thing is weird

Last edited:

Embyra

:-/ not feeling the new list like previously stated why is fragrance so high and yummy ingredients listed after ....

They must have heard you guys going on about how much the conditioners smell

I blame you all for this :look: :lachen:

toaster

I think I read something about Aubrey's products not meeting the standards for organic hair care. That might be the reason "organic" is no longer on the bottle.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay

I'm unsure what to think but will give it a try. I love the original formula though.

nymane

wow can't wait to hear reviews

Dayjoy

Old School Member

Have all of their formulas changed? WC is holy grail for DD. :ohwell:

Mahogony7

Mama noooooo!!!! Not my GPB and WC!

Kurlee

that's so annoying. hope it's still good.

30something

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!

White Camellia is one of my favorites conditioners (definitely in the Top 5). I have about 5 bottles of the old formula left, so I'm good for now. But I will have a fit if this new formula doesn't measure up.

crazytrish75

This is my HG condish :perplexed.....I really, really hope it works just as well, when I am deep in a stretch, nothing else will do. On the other hand, just stocked up on 12 bottles of the old formula as it was on sale for $6. Would have got more but 6 is the limit you can purchase at a time.

vtoodler

I so hate when companies reformulate HG products

Last edited:

southerncitygirl

I purchased a new version of the HSR the other day at vitamin shoppe so we shall see. the smell is actually a bit lighter than the former formulation, i just sniffed the bottle,lol.

mrsrivers

NOO!! Just when I start to get a good regime, they go and change their formula. I'm on my last bottle of White Camelia so I'll have to go to Vitamin Shoppe and buy all the old bottles they have left.
I'm relaxed and love WC and my daughter is natural and her hair loves HSR.
I hope it still as well works for us :sad:

miss stress

Ok so I used the GPB yesterday and yeah it's definitely different. For one, it's not as thick as before, it was easier to get it out of the bottle. Also, the smell is a lot sweeter. I used to think it smelled like old spice but it's now kinda fruity. Finally for me it didn't perform quite the same I don't think I like it y'all.........

meka72

So old formula=old packaging? Just wanted to clarify before I bought some new GBP.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing

Aww man! I don't use these conditioners often but I like having the option of them always being available in case I need something local that I know will work. The Island Naturals conditioner is a good one because it provides some slip.