Finally going to dye this grey hair

Daughter

UK Blak
It's been a while since I've posted on the hair discussion part of the board! :look:

I've had grey hairs for years, since my 20s. Now though, they are becoming more numerous and I feel that they are making me look more aged, so I've broken down and booked an appointment to have my hair dyed black or dark brown next week. I've been to this salon before and was happy with them.

Any tips on how to prep my hair beforehand and what to do for upkeep afterwards? I'm finally happy with my hair and am a little bit scared of dyeing it even though I've had it done in the past with no problems.

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
Girl, I'm right there with you. I'm dreading having to dye my hair. I've had a grey patch since my late 20s early 30s, but now those little suckers are springing up everywhere. Sometimes I pluck them but I feel guilty for pulling out my precious hair lol. I hope you post a pick when you get it done.

Daughter

UK Blak
Lol! I always thought I'd go grey gracefully but didn't expect so many greys before 40! I don't know why I'm so reticent, I didn't think twice about dyeing my hair in the past, I've had highlights and brown hair, maybe because it's been about ten years since I last coloured my hair!

I keep wondering if I should just go ahead and henna instead, I have an unopened pack just sitting here!

felic1

I have a lot of grey. It comes in a lot in the front. I feel that it makes me look and feel old. I have been using henna but the color is so unpredictable. I am hesitant to dye because I am afraid of a setback. The sun effect with the henna is pleasant but I am still considering dying my hair to stop feeling or looking old. I hope others chime in!!

Transformer

Don't use a permanent hair coloring....too harsh. I suggest a Demi coloring. I have been gray since age 19 and coloring has taken a toll on my hair.