6 Month Vitamin Challenge (Nov-April)

DaughterOfZion1

Hello Ladies!!!

This challenge is extremely simple. We will take our vitamins every single day for 6 months. Come rain, come shine. We will keep extras in our purse in your purse JUST in CASE!

I'm starting this challenge for myself and anyone who wants to join me because I realized vitamins don't work for me because I NEVER STICK WITH THEM LONG ENOUGH!!!

I realized from the Nioxin thread that they do indeed work. I just need more than one month lol.

By hook or by crook, I'm getting my 1 inch a month!!

Once we successfully complete the six months, we'll do another six months.

Also I want us to chart when we start to see the awesome growth so we can help others. Also list the vits you are taking.

I am taking Puritan Prides 5000 mcg Biotin and a B Complex.

****EDIT*****

Let's all post our starting length *either picture or # of inches*

Im currently at 7.5 inches.

I'm taking my braids down next week so maybe I can get a pictures in here as well..

In addition to vits I'm using a "growth mix" lol It has a bit of everything in there.

Sulfur steeped in oil
MN
Megatek
Shea Butter
JBCO

I'm putting that on my scalp every night and moisturizing my braids either daily, or every other day.

Last edited:

Barbie83

I'm so in! I'm already taking a daily multivitamin for health, and my bottle will be done this saturday. I'll be switching to Country Life Maxi Hair

Also taking 1-2 Tbs of liquid chlorophyll daily :yep:

DaughterOfZion1, are we taking pictures? I'd like to post a starting pic on November 1st.

lana

I'm in! I am going to buy Miracle 2000 today and I'm taking a Hair, Skin and Nails vitamin from Trader Joes.

I need to do this to avoid PMS, hair growth and over all health. So I am IN!

cmw45

I'm currently in China and I don't trust Chinese medicines (a lot of them are fakes) but I did bring my MSM powder with me over from the States. I'm trying to reinvigorate my health and fitness grind starting with November so this seems like a good challenge. *Added to my siggy*

Dominicanatural

Sign me up! Yippee, my first official challenge. I'll be taking Centrum multivitamin + MSM (2000mcg/day) + Biotin (2500mcg/2xday) throughout the six months. As a side hustle, I'm trying to get back on my exercise game and up my water intake.

Skiggle

Count me in :
MSM
Hair Skin & Nail
Biotin
Multi-Vitamin

I take this combo everyday..will probably add be complex as a substitute for biotin.

Aggie

This challenge is so timely for me. Last year I took my vitamins everyday because I was a part of a vitamin challenge then so this would get me back on track I'm sure. I guess we'd have to check in everyday as well right?

Anyway, I need to do this for overall health and my hair, skin and nails. I will be taking:-

Now Vitamins Silica - 500mg
Nature's Way Alive Multi Vitamin Once Daily for women
Neocell Collagen (powder)
Now Vitamins Hyaluronic Acid - 100mg
Now Vitamins Ester C - 1000mg
Jarrow Formulas Yaeyama Chlorella - 400mg
Jarrow Formulas Biotin 5000mcg
Jarrow Formulas MSM 1000mg
Carlson Labs Super Omega 3 Fish Oil - 1000mg and
Carlson Labs Vitamin E - 400 IU

Other products I'll be using are Spirulina powder, Maca Root Powder, Wheat Grass, Barley Grass, and Kelp powder all in green smoothies because I need to alkalize my diet and this is the easiest way for me to do it:yep:.

Ijanei

Trying to learn to stick to challenges sooooo I'M IN!
Just going to take biotin 5,000mg and prenatal vits for several reasons:grin:

Rina88

I guess I'll be a part of this challenge I already said in another thread I'd be doing this. I've been taking Nioxin 1x/day since Oct. 1st every day :) (and multi 2x/day but that's normal). In Feb. I'll decide whether it needs to be bumped up to 2x/day.

wheezy807

I wanna join. For now I will take a multivitamin but I would like to get a hair, skin and nails vitamin. I think eventually I will alternate the two.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using HTC Glacier

Hairology

I'm in too. I've been slack in taking my vitamins so this challenge will help me. I'll be taking Andrew Lessman's Healthy Hair Skin and Nails.

naturalagain2

I'm down:wink2:.
I've been taking whole food vitamins for the past month and a half and started slacking (forgetting one day here and there) so this will help me to remember. I really want to see if this will help my health (I have low iron), skin, and hair growth. I know so far my new growth feels good and soft.
I will be taking: New Chapter Multivitamin 1 or 2 times a day and New Chapter Fish Oil pills 1 or 2 times a day.
I will also continue to drink green/fruit smoothies at least 3x a week and drink plenty of water.

Here is my starting pics (not the best but they will have to do):

Attachments

• IMAG0239-1.jpg
    IMAG0239-1.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 34
  • IMAG0240-1.jpg
    IMAG0240-1.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMAG0253.jpg
    IMAG0253.jpg
    337.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

LaFemmeNaturelle

I'm in because I rarely take my vitamins. I will be taking a multi, a b complex, a zinc, and a pro-biotic....ok yeah I'm doing this for health and not hair but I still need the challenge!