How often are you ladies using Joico Kpak Reconstructor?

meka

I have that and the Kpak Hydrator. They both have protein in them so Im sorta scurred...LOL

blessedandlucky

i didn't realize the intense hydrator had protein in it...hmm, i've been using it as a moisturizing conditioner. no problems yet, but i just started.

i use kpak about once a month in the past. i recently just used it every other wash b/c my hair has been shedding something fierce! it was because i over moisturized it...hopefully, i'm back to normal now and once a month.

taytay86

Kpak reconstructor is a moderate protein treatment - I would only use that before relaxer/chemical treatment, or when you hair NEEDS it. Although the hydrator is uber moisturizing, it's supposed to follow the protein treatment.

krissyprissy

I use it about twice a month. I don't worry about protein overload because its a reconstructor vs hard protein. I have the intense moisturizer too.

Aggie

I don't use it as often as I'd like to which is at least once every 2 weeks because I have sooooo many other reconstructors I'd like to finish up. So I use it whenever I remember.

lolascurls

I'm using it every other week now!
My reconstructor reminds me of bananas (which I don't like) but it works well in my hair.

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
I'm relaxed, and I mix it with my moisturizing conditioner every week. Haven't had any adverse events with this and I've been doing it for about 6 months.

naturalgyrl5199

I use it "as needed" on my natural hair....Sometimes I will mix it with a conditioner like VO5 or ORS from time to time....but sometimes months will go by before I use it....I will use it more this summer since I am wearing braid extensions though!

crvlngrhair

I use this every week in my 17 minute miracle, followed by the intense hydrator. I absolutely love this for my hair!

meka

I totally forgot about this thread until today. Thanks for your responses ladies. The Hydrator really isnt that moisterizing to me. Maybe I will clarify and then see how it works for me.