Bishop Walter Hawkins passed away

Mrs. N Lugo

So sad. My cousin sang with the Love Fellowship Choir and she always spoke highly of Bishop Walter Hawkins.

My favorites songs by him or with him singing are Seasons with Donald Lawrence, Potter's House with Tramaine Hawkins, Marvelous, Don't Wait Till The Battle is Over Shout Now, What Is This, and Thank You Lord For All You've Done For Me.

He will be greatly missed.

JinaRicci

Oh no. Looks like he had pancreatic cancer. :( My favorite songs by him are Changed & O Happy Day.

May God be with his family.

meka

Wow, he was just here in AZ a few months back and looked and sounded the same. His music is so timeless.

KPH

House Head
I have been playing his stuff harder than folks played Michael when he died. His voice never changed and his music/lyrics still give me goose bumps....especially Changed!!!

southernstyle

I'm sitting here listening to Changed as I type this; i can remember buying love alive II (the vinyl album) in high school; I played it over and over again back then
Walter Hawkins was definitely a gifted man who used his gift to honor Christ, and I will miss Him

Coffee

I never get tired of hearing Changed, Goin up Yonder and I Won't be Satisfied". God bless and comfort his family.

Last edited: