Which Reconstructor Do You Use? And When?

Which Reconstructor Do You Use

• Aveda Damage Remedy Reconstructor

Votes: 51 6.7%
  • BBD Stretch

Votes: 16 2.1%
  • Aphogee 2 Min Intensive Keratin

Votes: 295 39.0%
  • Joico KPak Reconstructor

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • Affirm 5-in-1 Reconstructor

Votes: 44 5.8%
  • Giovanni Reconstructor

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Keracare Super Reconstructor

Votes: 15 2.0%
  • Motions CPR

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • ION Reconstructor

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

longhairlover

Hayashi 911 reconstructor, I was using it weekly under the dryer, it's good, i'll try it now that i've relaxed maybe it will be even better because of less shedding with relaxed hair and no newgrowth.

also I love Mizani reconstructing gelee that stuff is great!!!!! my hair feels like bungee cord after using that stuff I give it 10 stars. just snaps right back.

Sebastian penetraitt, stuff is amazing it is however discontinued :( I bought in bulk off of ebay, they have now switched the penetraitt to a mask haven't tried that version yet.

penetraitt is a protein conditioner it's consistency is like nexxus emergencee.

motions is good too have to co-sign that.

I use them every other week, since I just relaxed I may use them once a week until I feel my hair is back stronger since relaxers can be stripping,

this time around with my relaxer I tried something that I was told by a stylist using a reconstructor right after rinsing my relaxer out before neutralizing, it seemed to have worked great! I used IC Fantasia reconstructor, then rinsed until my neutralizing shampoo rinsed clear (color coded).

Last edited:

Vintageglam

I have a whole stash of reconstructors which I interchange and use depending on what I am trying to achieve.

At the moment I have the;

Aphogee 2 step - okay makes my hair a litte hard :ohwell:
Aphogee 2 minute - love this and use before I DC with heat
Mizani Custom blend - Kerafuse & Hydrafuse - quite like this and finally got the blend right.
Affirm 5 in 1 - Not a big fan of this one...:nono:
Joico K Pak - Not a big fan of this one hence giving away :nono:
Nexxus Keraphix - Quite like this one
Nexxus Emergencee - Did not like this one. Ended in disaster had to go to the Hairdresser to have it washed and detangled out and lost some hair :blush:
ORS Mayonnaise - Like this one.:drunk:

julzinha

I love Aphogee it not only provides protein but moisture and since my hair is in braids 98% of the year when I take my braids down I try to give my hair as much moisture and protein as possible.

DarkHair

Which one do you use?
Joico Reconstructor

How often?
on an as-needed basis

And how do you incorporate it into your regimen?
I just used it today then put ORS Hair Mayo on top with heat. Only because I'm getting a sew-in on Thursday. I usually use it when my hair needs protein.

Do you only use it while you're rinsing out the relaxer, or do you use it in between relaxers, or what?
I do use it after rinsing out the relaxer, but before the poo. I use it in between relaxers when I feel that my hair is too mushy.

Bachelorette

Nexxus Emergencee - Did not like this one. Ended in disaster had to go to the Hairdresser to have it washed and detangled out and lost some hair :blush:

This happens to me alot with Emegencee. it has set me back a few times.

Now I use the Aveda Intensive Reconstructor every month. REALLY like it. My hair felt soft and strong

For weekly, I might go back to Apoghee 2 min or try Nexxus Keraphix

anyone know if Keraphix is considered mild (can be used weekly) or strong (every 4-6 weeks)

TIA

sqzbly1908

This happens to me alot with Emegencee. it has set me back a few times.

Now I use the Aveda Intensive Reconstructor every month. REALLY like it. My hair felt soft and strong

For weekly, I might go back to Apoghee 2 min or try Nexxus Keraphix

anyone know if Keraphix is considered mild (can be used weekly) or strong (every 4-6 weeks)

TIA

Hi Bachelorette...It is mild - you can use it every week...I love Keraphix but it has been hard to find and I haven't tried the revamped version of it yet...

I've only used Aphogee 2-Min twice or three times since buying it. I am thinking of using it biweekly since I use Mane N Tail's Original Conditioner as my light protein once a week.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I've used keraphix mixed with humectress by nexxus weekly when I have had damage. It's light.

Now I use aveda which I LOVE! I use it monthly.

I use aphoghee 2 step(which wasn't listed) when I need more intense treatment.

crvlngrhair

I use the Joico K-pak every week (part of the 17 minute miracle) and during relaxing after rinsing. So far so good, took a couple of weeks with the 17MM to see results but no complaints whatsoever. :yep:

Aireen

Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor and Inebrya Shecare Deep Reconstructor Mask. :lick:
Both leave my hair amazingly soft but the Inebrya's results are better seen the next day or in the next two days. Due to this, Motions CPR does leave my sleeker and shinier but the smell is odd. Inebrya smells AMAZING and the scent lingers for days. :drunk:

(ETA: I use both the week after getting a relaxer for the next 2-3 times in my routine or until my hair feels stronger again. After shampooing I deep condition with them for at least 15 minutes with heat or with a plastic cap, blow dry then wrap.)

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Post-Relax I use: Joico K-Pak, Sebastian Penetraitt, Tigi Dumb Blonde, Redken Deep Fuel

I use a Reconstructor Each Week::yep:

AO Nutra-Fix
Nexxus Keraphix
Nexxus Emergencee
Tigi Dumb Blonde
AG Fast Food
Paul Brown Hawaii Reconstructor
Paul Mitchell Hair Repair
Rolland Una Reconstructor
Alterna Hemp Repair weekly hair repair treatment
Alfaparf Bamboo Reconstructor
Biosilk Fruit Cocktail Reconstructor
Hayashi 911
Redken Extreme Rescue Force

*BBD Stretch (weekly leave-in reconstructor)

lamaria211

I just purchased Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque Revitalizing Hair Reconstructor for dry, damaged hair. I havent tried it yet except on a small piece of hair and it felt like moisture heaven:) Is anyone using this product???

taytay86

simplyevanescent said:
Bumping for some new replies :)

Also what reconstructors work the best on natural hair?

When I was natural I really liked DPR 11 but im not sure if it's a reconstructor or not.