I Can't Stop Cryin!!

janiebaby

I'm at work and someone pissed me off. I do realize that I'm overreacting to the situation but I just dislike the person so much. If it was someone else (someone I respected) then I don't think I'd be reacting like this. I had to walk out of a meeting because I felt the tears so I walked out then came back in and felt it again so I had to leave.

I should be stronger than this but I'm not and I feel so weak. Please help me stop crying....

LunadeMiel

((((((HUGS))))) I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Do you think that you can speak to the person after you've calmed down?

Is there something else bothering you that could me make you very sensitive right now?

I hope you feel better ((((HUGS))))

Jenaee

Hey Janie...I'm not the best person to give advice but here goes....

First, this is for you:bighug:Second, take a few breaths and remember GOD is in control!!!! Pray about whats going on and give it to HIM to work out. Ask the Lord for peace and forgive this person. And know we love you girl. IT IS GONNA GET BETTER!!!

SoSweet08

Hey hun, i'm sorry you feel like this. Don't let the person see that they are getting to you though. It's okay to cry if you want to talk more about it we are all here for you.

SEMO

JB, I understand just what you mean. I had a mini-breakdown last week and started crying outside of my work building (over grad school frustrations). So I called my mother to pray for me. She did, but more importantly she helped me regain focus. She simply reminded me that God had brought me where I am now, and that He wouldn't let me fail. Even if I didn't finish grad school (I was wanting to quit) it would NOT be the end of my world.

Those simple words lifted a burden off me. So I offer the same to you: God will keep you wherever you are (your current job), and wherever you go in the future. Also, one thing I have to keep telling myself when people irritate me is: "you can't expect unsaved people to display the love of Christ." It used to frustrate me how irritating, uncoth, sneaky, etc. people that I work with can be, but then I remembered that the people I didn't get along with didn't even know Christ. So living in a fallen world, how much could I really expect from them? Not much.

I will pray for you that God brings you peace. We don't wrestle against flesh and blood (irritating or disrespectful people) but against spiritual wickedness in high places (the spirits that influence people to act that way). I know God will help you feel better :hug2:.

Xavier

I am sorry that you are feeling down.

Take a few minutes to compose yourself.

If that doesn't work,do your have vacation time? Can you just take the remainder of the day off and go treat yourself to a mani/pedi, warm bath, or your favorite dessert?

I hope that you have stopped crying by now and that you are feeling a little better.:rosebud:

Nonie

(((Janiebaby))) resilience comes with time and practice for those not born with it. I should know. And one thing I've found is, while you may think you're not strong enough, it's only because you believe that one or two people have your best interests at heart that you cry. It hurts when those we think care about us show us another side. But I'm sure you'd be stronger if you thought otherwise. Like if you were not expecting anything good from anyone, then you'd not wear your heart on your sleeve. You'd not grant anyone the honor of knowing your deepest of hearts, because they do not deserve to know what makes you you. You'd wait till you were among those that truly care to let it all out. Sometimes, you may just have to learn a tough lesson and promise yourself never to be caught unprepared again. There's always a blessing if you look hard enough. And the blessing most times is you get wiser and you know better and you will never be so gullible again. I know when tears start to come it's hard to stop them, but if you pay attention to how you're feeling it's usually something along the lines of "How could s/he do that to me when s/he's supposed to be my friend, or when I haven't done anything to him/her?" Call it the ABC of events. Every Action that happens to you is interpreted by you according to your Belief of how things really are...and then the Consequences follow (As in this case, tears). So what if you changed the Belief. So instead of believing they really are your friend, or are betraying you, how about "Hmm...this is just a plot to make me look bad, but I'ma show you!" Or "She's probably having a bad day and it's nothing to do with me"...you may find you're stronger and that the tears dry and never show. You are then able to represent yourself differently.

I'm not the best person to give lessons on being "strong" but praying about it will help, as will praying for the person that annoys/upsets you before you even set eyes on them--every morning before you come to work. That's a tough call coz I've struggled with it myself, but you'll be surprised at how mysterious the ways God works are. Just try it and you'll see. But your prayer has to be selfless. Let it be all about them, not you. That they may be happy and healthy--not that they be nice to you. I'm not saying you have to be friends with this person, but praying for them WILL change the relationship in a way you didn't see coming. You may not be buddies, but you will see what God will do for you and this person.

Lastly, I'd like to share something someone shared with me by T.D. Jakes that I think is a good rule of thumb to keep in mind when you go to work, then you won't be disappointed by the absence of warmth and camaraderie on days it seems to lack the most:

[FONT=tahoma,sans-serif]
HOW TO WORK IN ANY ENVIRONMENT(By: T.D. Jakes)
1. Don't expect to be appreciated. Your only expectation should be to get a paycheck. Don't come to work to have personal relationships. Don't allow what you do to affect who you are.
2. Do your job well, but remember your mission. God put you there to be a Light.
3. Seek opportunities to change the atmosphere without commenting on the problems. You have a God to talk to. You are on an assignment. Quietness and competence shall be your strength.
4. Don't let your environment get inside of you. You should influence it, not let it influence you. Stop going to work to be fed. You didn't come to receive, you came to give.
5. Increase your capacity to work with different personalities. God will often bless you through people you don't even like!
6. Remember, where you are does not define where you are going. This will deliver you from frustration. God has a plan for your life. Keep your eye on the prize. When Peter did this, he was able to walk in what other people sank in!
7. Get the optimum results with minimal confusion. Be effective without making the environment worse.
8. Don't be associated with one group or clique. Labels limit your usefulness. God wants you to work with everybody but be labeled by nobody. Use all your gifts.
9. Always keep your song near you. Keep a consecrated place in your soul. Hold on to your praise.
10. Understand that God anoints you for trouble. Put on the whole armor of God before going to work.

[/FONT]

shalom

I know the feeling. Praying for you and hoping God will give you a like for that person or either when they come around you won't be in any discomfort.:yep:

janiebaby

Thank you so much everyone! I just had to take my focus off of the situation and regain my composure.

Before I start cryin again, I just feel like I have to get this out...

1) My funds are so below 0 right now it isn't even funny. I'm literally living hand to mouth and I thank God that it looks like I might make it through on the food that is in my freezer thankfully.

2) My car is on its last legs and I pray that God sees to it that it lasts but if He doesn't I understand because it was my fault for letting it go so long without getting it checked out.

3) Everyday I'm bombarded by the negative sterotyping of black women and I feel like I can't read or listen to anything anymore without being deeply offended, hurt, and defensive.

4) I hate my job although it's a pretty good job minus the irritations, this is not what I want to be doing. I can't do what I want to be doing because I have no experience in that field and the only thing this job is doing for me is giving me more experience in a field that I do not want to be trapped in.

5) I thank God for what I have and don't have and I'm just feeling extremely emotional and senstive right now although my defensiveness these days seems like a constant thing. I'll keep praying with faith and I know that everything will work out for the best....

Thanks again ladies!!!:circle::circle:

Nonie

Girl, when you hit rock bottom, that's when you let go and let God. Sometimes God has to drop a pebble on our heads to make us look up. And this sounds like one of those times. We are like kids who break a toy then call out to Father and report what's happened. Father reaches to help us, and as soon as he starts, we snatch it back to fix it ourselves. So Father just lets you be, till you TRULY "Cast all your cares to Him" ie hand Him the broken toy and let Him put all the pieces back again unperturbed.

I will tell you a story of what happened to us (hubby and I) not too long ago. I wasn't working and we were broke. Actually we were more broke than we realized and I only found out how much worse things were when I went online to pay a debt. Overdraft charges had taken us so deep into a hole that I could never see us coming out, and the cause of the overdraft was a frozen account due to ignored bills. Needless to say, I was close to despair. I prayed and did what I thought I needed to do and what friends suggested--eg talking to the creditors that froze my account and working something out. And just when things started to look like they'd get better, the creditors didn't do their part. So my hubby's check sunk into an account we couldn't get money out of and the freeze was still on. Just as worry threatened to get the better of me, Matthew 6:25-33 came to mind. It was late at night. Suddenly I thought: here I was fretting, while every sparrow was in a sweet slumber. What the heck was wrong with me when I have an Omnipotent Father? And just like that *snaps fingers*, I found peace and went to sleep.

And just like that, the next day, it was as if most of that nightmare had been a dream. The account was unfrozen and we got access to funds as the negative was removed.... Of course we still paid for our mistakes because not all the fees we suffered due to the freeze were returned. But I saw God move in ways I could not have foreseen. I'm telling you, I've had not a penny and wondered where food will come from, and then stayed calm as I've remembered Who has plans for my life and all for good...and I've been floored as hubby has called to say that the bosses at his job had a luncheon and so much of the food wasn't touched and would I like him to bring some home--just when I didn't know how long we'd last. The same God that fed the Israelites in the desert is the same God that is aware of what you're going through. Do not be afraid.

The Robin and the Sparrow

Said the robin to the sparrow,
“I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush about and worry so.”

Said the sparrow to the robin,
“Friend I think that it must be
That they have no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me.”

~~Unknown Author~~

Last edited:

**Tasha*Love**

Janiebaby everyone has given great advice on how to deal with your emotions. I wanted to come in and give you a big hug :sneakyhug:! In everyone of your reasons for being upset you have listed God as a source of direction or your healing point. Continue to rely on God because he is the only one that can see you thru. We all have days like this but remember that the battle is not given to the swift or strong but to the one that endures to the end. Keep on pressing on....this too shall pass.

Your signature states "Peace is not the absence of pain but the presence of God"
but also remember "Peace is the the absence of conflict but the ability to cope with it".

Continue to be blessed and remember despite your situation(s) you are truly blessed.

Last edited:

**Tasha*Love**

Nonie I have tears in my eyes...that was an awesome testimony to God's goodness, love and mercy.
I will tell you a story of what happened to us (hubby and I) not too long ago. I wasn't working and we were broke. Actually we were more broke than we realized and I only found out how much worse things were when I went online to pay a debt. Overdraft charges had taken us so deep into a hole that I could never see us coming out, and the cause of the overdraft was a frozen account due to ignored bills. Needless to say, I was close to despair. I prayed and did what I thought I needed to do and what friends suggested--eg talking to the creditors that froze my account and working something out. And just when things started to look like they'd get better, the creditors didn't do their part. So my hubby's check sunk into an account we couldn't get money out of and the freeze was still on. Just as worry threatened to get the better of me, Matthew 6:25-33 came to mind. It was late at night. Suddenly I thought: here I was fretting, while every sparrow was in a sweet slumber. What the heck was wrong with me when I have an Omnipotent Father? And just like that *snaps fingers*, I found peace and went to sleep.

And just like that, the next day, it was as if most of that nightmare had been a dream. The account was unfrozen and we got access to funds as the negative was removed.... Of course we still paid for our mistakes because not all the fees we suffered due to the freeze were returned. But I saw God move in ways I could not have foreseen. I'm telling you, I've had not a penny and wondered where food will come from, and then stayed calm as I've remembered Who has plans for my life and all for good...and I've been floored as hubby has called to say that the bosses at his job had a luncheon and so much of the food wasn't touched and would I like him to bring some home--just when I didn't know how long we'd last. The same God that fed the Israelites in the desert is the same God that is aware of what you're going through. Do not be afraid.

The Robin and the Sparrow

Rush about and worry so.”

Such as cares for you and me.”

~~Unknown Author~~

kayte

You took GOOD care of YOUR Self,
took yourself out of a place where it was not safe ...to where it was safe... for you to have your feelings and then you had strength and courage to identify and name some of the underlying stressors that made you feel especially vulnerable in a situation under other circumstances you might have just rolled your eyes.......

God wants you to thrive and this will ONLY be testimony when the miracles come through for you and they are on the way with JANIE written on them in GOLD! God WILL provide...Maybe claim out loud..the Lord's promises?? Here are few

He restoreth my soul...
I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you
The Lord Jesus Christ said, "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me."

But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted! When you produce much fruit, you are my true disciples. This brings great glory to my Father.

He has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature

TD Jakes when said When I am down to nothing... God is up to
something...
And you are already ahead of the game because you have more than something
:yawn:
praying for you...& this is what my mom ...START EXPECTING BLESSINGS:grin:

springbreeze

Hey Janie...I'm not the best person to give advice but here goes....

First, this is for you:bighug:Second, take a few breaths and remember GOD is in control!!!! Pray about whats going on and give it to HIM to work out. Ask the Lord for peace and forgive this person. And know we love you girl. IT IS GONNA GET BETTER!!!

:yep::grouphug2:

janiebaby

Things went from worse to worst yesterday before I left work. Today was just very bad, I don't even care as much now. I'm just waiting for my pink slip with or without unemployment.:yep:

Highly Favored8

Things went from worse to worst yesterday before I left work. Today was just very bad, I don't even care as much now. I'm just waiting for my pink slip with or without unemployment.:yep:

Don't U give up God did not give up on U do not give up on God that is a no no. There is a reason u are being tested we all are however, stand on God's Word and no matter What Don't U give Up on God! :yep: U will make it don't talk like this b/c Life and Death are in the Power of the Tounge!:yep: That is in God's Word! God is testing U Do not Give up Keep us posted Please! Take inspriation from all of these women posting here do not Give Up!

Highly Favored8

(((Janiebaby))) resilience comes with time and practice for those not born with it. I should know. And one thing I've found is, while you may think you're not strong enough, it's only because you believe that one or two people have your best interests at heart that you cry. It hurts when those we think care about us show us another side. But I'm sure you'd be stronger if you thought otherwise. Like if you were not expecting anything good from anyone, then you'd not wear your heart on your sleeve. You'd not grant anyone the honor of knowing your deepest of hearts, because they do not deserve to know what makes you you. You'd wait till you were among those that truly care to let it all out. Sometimes, you may just have to learn a tough lesson and promise yourself never to be caught unprepared again. There's always a blessing if you look hard enough. And the blessing most times is you get wiser and you know better and you will never be so gullible again. I know when tears start to come it's hard to stop them, but if you pay attention to how you're feeling it's usually something along the lines of "How could s/he do that to me when s/he's supposed to be my friend, or when I haven't done anything to him/her?" Call it the ABC of events. Every Action that happens to you is interpreted by you according to your Belief of how things really are...and then the Consequences follow (As in this case, tears). So what if you changed the Belief. So instead of believing they really are your friend, or are betraying you, how about "Hmm...this is just a plot to make me look bad, but I'ma show you!" Or "She's probably having a bad day and it's nothing to do with me"...you may find you're stronger and that the tears dry and never show. You are then able to represent yourself differently.

I'm not the best person to give lessons on being "strong" but praying about it will help, as will praying for the person that annoys/upsets you before you even set eyes on them--every morning before you come to work. That's a tough call coz I've struggled with it myself, but you'll be surprised at how mysterious the ways God works are. Just try it and you'll see. But your prayer has to be selfless. Let it be all about them, not you. That they may be happy and healthy--not that they be nice to you. I'm not saying you have to be friends with this person, but praying for them WILL change the relationship in a way you didn't see coming. You may not be buddies, but you will see what God will do for you and this person.

Lastly, I'd like to share something someone shared with me by T.D. Jakes that I think is a good rule of thumb to keep in mind when you go to work, then you won't be disappointed by the absence of warmth and camaraderie on days it seems to lack the most:

I read the book and I have the CD and God is so Good when we can put into prospective about our work enviroments. When I a frustrated at work I just listen to that Cd and I am ready to get back on the grind again! God is So awesome Excellent post!

Highly Favored8

Girl, when you hit rock bottom, that's when you let go and let God. Sometimes God has to drop a pebble on our heads to make us look up. And this sounds like one of those times. We are like kids who break a toy then call out to Father and report what's happened. Father reaches to help us, and as soon as he starts, we snatch it back to fix it ourselves. So Father just lets you be, till you TRULY "Cast all your cares to Him" ie hand Him the broken toy and let Him put all the pieces back again unperturbed.

Rush about and worry so.”​

Such as cares for you and me.”​

~~Unknown Author~~​

Thank U so much for posting I really Needed to Read this thank U for your Testimony! God is So Good! Thank U for sharing I am really Inspired and Humbled by your posts! God is Good!

janiebaby

Don't U give up God did not give up on U do not give up on God that is a no no. There is a reason u are being tested we all are however, stand on God's Word and no matter What Don't U give Up on God! :yep: U will make it don't talk like this b/c Life and Death are in the Power of the Tounge!:yep: That is in God's Word! God is testing U Do not Give up Keep us posted Please! Take inspriation from all of these women posting here do not Give Up!

Thanks highlyfavored! I haven't given up and I do feel that I'm being tested and I have been failing left and right unfortunately...That doesn't mean I'll continue to fail but I just have to keep riding this out in faith.

**Tasha*Love**

How are you failing if you are exercising your faith? You aren't failing but simply go thru a storm that is teaching new lessons, your faith will be your key to your breakthru. Don't look at it as failing your test but getting a second chance to get the answer right.

Thanks highlyfavored! I haven't given up and I do feel that I'm being tested and I have been failing left and right unfortunately...That doesn't mean I'll continue to fail but I just have to keep riding this out in faith.

janiebaby

My change of heart from God....

Ok, I am ready to take responsibility for what I've done wrong in these situations and I am starting to see that alot of it starts with me... God is Good!

Wait a darn tooting! Why didn't you call me! I know where you work and where you live. You know I would have dropped all and we would have had a revival up in that parking lot and your tears of ill-feelings would have turned into tears of deliverance and joy.

You know I'm ringing your cell tonight so you better pick up!

kayte

Be very very gentle with yourself.......
I light a little scented candle on days like those...soft music or try to do one thing that's kind and soothing for me....

and resting on The Word

going thru something similiar....so there's a lil candle lit even as I am typing this!

....you are held in my prayers

blazingthru

Very encouraginging and helpful to anyone that reads. Thanks for this post it helped me out too. I am doing well on my job but that only last so long, I have a manager that is returning and she is very very difficult to work with these words will surely help me out.

angenoir

OP: I hope you feel better. I have nothing to add in terms of advice, what the other ladies have said is on point!

All I would like to say is that your thread has blessed me and many other people here. I have benefited alot from the advice I have read here. I too have been feeling a bit low this week.

Blessed Easter all!