Setting Lotion

dreamgurl

For those who roller set or wrap your hair...

What is your favorite setting lotion? I'v tried Jane Carter's Solution and it was awesome, but I don't have anymore. I want to try one from a local BSS but am stumped on what would be a good one without giving me flakes. Help please!

lurkersincejan

I just stopped using them because even when I diluted them it would make my hair crunchy. I just use water and a little leave in mixed in there, comes out nice and soft

dreamgurl

That's exactly why I asked that question.

I didn't want crunchy hair which equals flaky hair, nor do I want anything heavy or oily that will weigh my hair down.

Any suggestions on some good Leave-ins?

crlsweetie912

Lottabody Creamwrap.
second that!

But normally I use the blue lottabody with a LOT of added water and oil!=
Soft, shiny hair that holds curls well and doesn't flop!

I also recently tried the new mousse by vigorol.

It gives a nice soft hold. Not crunchy at all like regular mousse. HTH!

LivingDoll

second that!

Hey crlsweetie...what bss did you find this^^^ in? I use vigorol mousse (either the pink or green but i'm looking for something else)...if this doesn't leave hair crunchy and dry I'll try it!

baddison

natural for good
For those who roller set or wrap your hair...

What is your favorite setting lotion? I'v tried Jane Carter's Solution and it was awesome, but I don't have anymore. I want to try one from a local BSS but am stumped on what would be a good one without giving me flakes. Help please!

Cosigning on Jane Carter's.....I will go to the ends of the earth to locate it! I can ususally find it in any Vitamin Shoppe store, and when I do, I usually clean the shelf....:lachen:

crlsweetie912

Hey crlsweetie...what bss did you find this^^^ in? I use vigorol mousse (either the pink or green but i'm looking for something else)...if this doesn't leave hair crunchy and dry I'll try it!
I'm in the hood in Baltimore city.
It's on Greenmount avenue. But I have seen it in the other BSS I go to on Belair Road.

LivingDoll

I'm in the hood in Baltimore city.
It's on Greenmount avenue. But I have seen it in the other BSS I go to on Belair Road.

Greenmount & North by the Arch Social Club? LOL...girl, I'm from down Westside. If that's the one, that BSS is a good one....unless you mean further down by the market in Upton.

crlsweetie912

Greenmount & North by the Arch Social Club? LOL...girl, I'm from down Westside. If that's the one, that BSS is a good one....unless you mean further down by the market in Upton.
It's actually Beauty Lane on Greenmount and 33rd. There are several good BSS's in that strip. (That little club Melba's is in the next block)

LABETT

Nairobi Foam Wrap and BBD Butter Wrap lotion are great.
Sometimes I use a little Lacio Lacio before the wrap lotions and my hair turns out even better.

Qt girl

That's exactly why I asked that question.

I didn't want crunchy hair which equals flaky hair, nor do I want anything heavy or oily that will weigh my hair down.

Any suggestions on some good Leave-ins?

I Use KeraCare or Qhemet's Detangling Olive Cream

PeggyFair

second that!

I use this in addition to the Creamwrap, but I use the Vigorol Mousse in the pink bottle. My hairdresser uses it so I started using it at home. You are right, this works really well.

LivingDoll

It's actually Beauty Lane on Greenmount and 33rd. There are several good BSS's in that strip. (That little club Melba's is in the next block)

^^^Girl look at me sounding all crazy :spinning:...it came to me in a damn dream that I was talking about Pennsylvania Avenue (girl, don't ask...I came in here to JUST correct myself at 3 something in the morning...:wallbash:...but yeah, I used to go in that one when I was a student at Morgan...it's off the 3 line (or used to be)....

OP, no offense...not in tending to hijack....***back to sleep***:lachen:

crlsweetie912

^^^Girl look at me sounding all crazy :spinning:...it came to me in a damn dream that I was talking about Pennsylvania Avenue (girl, don't ask...I came in here to JUST correct myself at 3 something in the morning...:wallbash:...but yeah, I used to go in that one when I was a student at Morgan...it's off the 3 line (or used to be)....

OP, no offense...not in tending to hijack....***back to sleep***:lachen:
YUP!
At first I was like :spinning: