Long Box Braids aka Booty Braids.. Would you rock them?

MsLizziA

I'm curious about these. Now while i would like to get them in my own hair without extensions, ( i would act a fool if my hair was this long), i wouldn't mind wearing them :grin:

What about you ladies?

P.S I love the way Solange is wearing them in the first pic

Last edited:

curlyninjagirl

I was gonna say "naaahhh" but then I saw these beautiful pics and wellll...Yeah I would rock these braids, if I wasn't trying to retain length.

Rei

yep, i think they're cute.

they're not the 'in' style of flowing ringlets but for once a fad is more receptive to what my hair can do :lol: so i'm all for it.

Nayna

Unbothered
The only issues I had was that I couldn't wear buns. They just felt way too heavy. I did them myself so I just touched them up along the way. I used synthetic hair and I felt really fly with them. Not the best pic but for some reason I can't find too many of them.

Last edited:

curlyninjagirl

I don't think I could do braids with extensions again because I abused micros for so long it left my hairline with some damage I'm still recovering from. I think the weight of those braids would be too much for my hair....also I'm a little scared of those chemicals they treat packaged hair with LOL. I miss wearing braids though! I hope my hair gets booty length long one day!

Miss_Luna

I'm natural and I've been thinking about getting these braids as a protective style for the rest of the summer. Possibly into the winter so I won't have to be bothered once school starts.

I work with a bunch of male engineers so I was nervous on their reactions, but I don't really care anymore. Most of them wear the same pants every day of the week anyway.

I plan on wearing my hair like Solange, in a bun. But after seeing that video in OT about that lady getting a possible MRSA infection from getting her hair braided I'm a little nervous on where to get them done now.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
yup wore them in the 90's when the poetic justice braids were in. I really like them.

I saw a woman in whole foods with them last week and I thought they looked nice.

LongLeggedLife

I have them now...I have never heard them called 'booty braids', but yup, they are touching the boo-tay;)

Loving it, getting so many compliments! I dont wanna take them down til summer ends &I am full BSL, but I do miss my hair, so we'll see how long I can go.

Last edited:

PlatinumBronze

Living my life like its Platinum!
[USER][/USER]

I'll keep looking for more pics....

I have them now...I have never heard them called 'booty braids', but yup, they are touching the boo-tay;)

Loving it, getting so many compliments! I dont wanna take them down til summer ends &I am full BSL, but I do miss my hair, so we'll see how long I can go.

Beautiful braids ladies! I'd love to get some of these. I wore micros last summer and the braid was so tight that it messed uo my natural hair texture (made my hair straight). Does box braids alter the natural hair texture?

Calia001

i did. i used yaky hair a couple years back

i cant wait till my hair get's long enough to anchor these again. i love them.
super heavy, but they make my neck feel strong and regal

empressri

hell yeah id rock them. i just have no patience to sit to get them put in! or take them out. there's a girl at my job that works a different shift, and whenever i see her on the way out im always staring at her braids.

Kerryann

i love this a lot u have me thinking when i take these braids down i will try this next

EbonyCPrincess

I love the look when they are done correctly: the parts are even and the braids are the same thickness or go from large to small evenly and gradually. I think that is a very pretty look. I've seen some lately where the braids are lumpy and the parts are jagged and the hair is looking kind've lackluster...NOT CUTE! :nono:

Nonie

If my hair was close to that length, yes, I'd rock them. Otherwise, I think they'd be cumbersome if I tried to wear them now when I'm not used to hair that long. I'm lazy as it is so having hair that isn't mine getting in my way in everyday activities when I haven't had a gradual intro to the length and the practice of dealing with it, would drive me nuts.

I remember when I got 14 inch braids: it took a while to get used to the new length so I would not put my bag strap over them (ouch!) or get them caught between my back and chair when I sat down (ouch!)--and that was just a few inches longer than my hair. I totally understood why my Spanish friend with butt length hair will not wear her hair down and complains about it sometime (Her hubby won't let her trim it to a more practical length). And oh boy, the weight... :nono: Takes a few years for one's head to get accustomed to carrying more weight from longer hair, so that's another reason I couldn't do it now. I get tired just thinking of wash day. :lachen:

Last edited:

kandiekj100

I think it would be too heavy. Other than that it is cute.

I'd maybe consider getting yarn braids that were that length, since those are pretty light. (Plus I'd have the bonus of them looking like extra long locs.)