CICI24

iris

Hi CICI. I just posted a thread to Valleygirl. I want to know, is your friend with the waistelength hair still using the Henna treatments? Are you still using it? If so, what are your results? I'm crazy about the Fantasia line(thanks to Tracy /images/graemlins/grin.gif), and was wondering about cuticle sealers not letting the proper nourishment enter the hairstrand? What are your thoughts? Thanks.

<font color="red">Iris</font color>

CICI24

Hey Iris!

I really don't know if my friend still uses the herbal tame because I haven't heard from her in a while, but she seemed to know so much about hair and how to care for it. I also remember going with her to the beauty supply store and she would always get a bottle of Jazzing. She told me how good it was for her hair. I still use henna I will be using it monthly or bi-monthly. It was very hard for my hair to retain length in the back and sides prior to using henna because my hair is so soft and fine. The henna has given me lots of strength to my hair strands, and it also tames frizzines my hair doesn't tangle as much. My curls are more defined and it semi-
straightens after I wash, oil, braid and airdry. I personally don't think there is any damage done to your hair when you use products like henna to seal the hair cuticle. People have been using henna for thousands of year in India and they have some of the most beautiful hair around. I think it depends on how you are using it. Things like henna, and the cellophane treatments that Tracy has been talking about helps to fortify and protect the hair strands. most of these products contain some sort of moisturizers in them this is why adding oils and conditioners to henna work because you are sealing moisture in as you protect the hair. They are not permanent so it shouldn't be a problem of nutrients not being able to fortify the hair cuticle. your hair strands are comprised of nutrients as it grows out of your scalp hair is protein, sulfur,etc. The only thing I would be concerned about is making sure whatever cuticle sealer you use contain some moisturizing properties.

CICI

iris

Thanks for your response CICI! After researching the net for the last couple of hours or so, I've found that you are absolutely right. Henna has been around for thousands of years and I agree with your observation that you must use a moisturizer along with it. I also agree that Indian women have some of the most beautiful hair around. <font color="blue">As a matter of fact, here is an image below I uploaded from "Longhair in India", This is how I eventually want my hair to look. The thickness, sheen, length is my personal goal.</font color>
web page

Thanks so much for posting the info about the henna. It confirms my thoughts about the fantasia line /images/graemlins/laugh.gif.

<font color="red">Iris</font color>