DevaCurl No-Poo and One Condition

faithVA

I have a question, someone posted an article about glycerine products causing split ends and breakage . Think i read the article on curly nikki and it was posted here. It stated its best not to use during the summer due to dew piont and humid conditions. Have anyone of you experienced this? was about to order the devacurl products but i see it is high on the list like 1st or second on the list

When I was solely using products with glycerin my hair felt great and I did not experience splits. My attempt to move away from products with glycerin has not been successful. I have not had any issue using the Deva Curl products this summer.

I saw that article. I'm not a scientist but it seems a little crazy. So you can't use glycerin in the summer because of dew point and humidity. And then of course people don't want to use it in the winter because of the dry air.

Some people's hair just doesn't like glycerine. If you know your hair doesn't like glycerin then try something else. But if you have done fine with it in other products, I wouldn't shy away from it.

serenity34

faithVA, thankyou, i will post it in the CG challenge section to see also, I have not had any problems in the past, but i have been having hair issue and didn't want to make it worse.

serenity34

Think i am going to order from amazon seems to be the cheapest. Which products are the best in the Devacurl line?

faithVA

Think i am going to order from amazon seems to be the cheapest. Which products are the best in the Devacurl line?

Read the reviews before purchasing from Amazon. Some of the reviews said the products were not legit. Check out PandoraBeauty.com and PaylessBeauty.com to compare prices.

Without knowing your hair it's hard to say which products will work best for your hair. You might want to try one of the samplers that has the poo, conditioner, gel and mist in it if you are unsure. If yo don't want the sampler then try the Deva Curl One.

serenity34

Read the reviews before purchasing from Amazon. Some of the reviews said the products were not legit. Check out PandoraBeauty.com and PaylessBeauty.com to compare prices.

Without knowing your hair it's hard to say which products will work best for your hair. You might want to try one of the samplers that has the poo, conditioner, gel and mist in it if you are unsure. If yo don't want the sampler then try the Deva Curl One.

Thankyou, good idea i will try the sampler first before i buy the whole line.

faithVA

Been on vacation for a week, not doing my regular cowashing and drying my hair out in the hot Louisiana sun. My hair was thirsty. DCing my hair with the Heaven In Hair. This product does not get good ratings anywhere. But my tight, 4b hair loves the way it helps smooths it out. No matter how shrunken my hair is this, DC elongates my hair and allows me to detangle.

Don't know how it will feel when I rinse but its a life saver for my major shrinkage. :yep:

faithVA

I have been using these products for nearly 30 days so I think I can give a better review on them.

My hair is 4b, some 4a, low porosity, NL.
I would not repurchase the No Poo. It doesn't necessarily strip my hair but it causes it to shrink up very tight to my head and I don't like that. But it does clean my scalp very well.

I really like the Deva Curl One though as both a conditioner and a leave-in. It really softens my hair and is able to elongate the shrunken curls created by the No Poo. There may be something better for my hair but I haven't used it yet. So far this is the best. A lot of rinse out conditioners cause my scalp to itch, but this does not.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I bought the no poo and one conditioner this evening. Got the big jug of the conditioner in case it's really good. The noo poo was almost free because I had eighteen bucks worth of points just sitting on my account.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

Oh my heavens. This stuff is amazing. I am deep conditioning now overnight with the conditioner and can not wait to see my hair in the morning

faithVA

[USER=13177 said:
Je Ne Sais Quoi[/USER];16634879]Oh my heavens. This stuff is amazing. I am deep conditioning now overnight with the conditioner and can not wait to see my hair in the morning

Let us know how it turns out. I've never DCd with it. Just use it for cowashing.

Je Ne Sais Quoi

It was no good as a dc. I'm on the fence about it. Will try again without the overnight business because I think that is where I screwed up

faithVA

It was no good as a dc. I'm on the fence about it. Will try again without the overnight business because I think that is where I screwed up

Ok, good to know. I may try DCing with it for 30 minutes like I do the rest of my DCs. I still use it as a leave-in. And use it as a cowash and leave-in until I use it up.