DevaCurl No-Poo and One Condition

glamazon386

i was just in ulta eyeing these. the bottles of the no and low poos are 17.99 at my local ulta. i think the conditioners were the same price, & i didn't check the prices of the pump bottles. you could always do a google shopping search, and find it for cheap online :yep:

It comes in trial sized bottles at Beauty First. They're a few bucks each.

empressri

my hair is sooooft and i only used a little of each, didn't need to use a bunch of it.

the one c is better as a leave in. as a rinse out it sucked big time.

silenttullip

I'm glad it gave u good results... I received the devacurl no poo last week and based on first try I wasn't impressed... I got a little tingle but gttt conditioner tingles better. It kind of cleaned but my Vo5 Kiwi Lime cleanse better and it did moisturize but vo5 free me moisturizes better so I kinda feel like I wasted my ($14 on ebay) but it did enable me to finger comb and most of my cowashing products make me feel like I'll rip my hair if I try so theres a plus.

Pharmgirl247

I'm glad it gave u good results... I received the devacurl no poo last week and based on first try I wasn't impressed... I got a little tingle but gttt conditioner tingles better. It kind of cleaned but my Vo5 Kiwi Lime cleanse better and it did moisturize but vo5 free me moisturizes better so I kinda feel like I wasted my ($14 on ebay) but it did enable me to finger comb and most of my cowashing products make me feel like I'll rip my hair if I try so theres a plus.

I wasn't impressed. I style my hair with water and conditioner and a touch of gel but this product can't be left in on my hair cause it flakes like snow. I think it's a no go for me.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I use the No-Poo, and love it! I use mine with Wen though. I'll do a first wash with the No-Poo, and them follow up with the Wen, and it's magic every time. No need for shampoo, and no build up.

SmilingElephant

Glad i found this thread before starting a new one:)

I have been using the DevaCurl OneC for the past couple of days...not today tho:look:

I couldn't find it in the ingredients, i'm gonna look again tho (i have a short attention span and sometimes i don't even see the words i'm reading:lol:), but there has to be some kind of protein in it bc it makes my hair feel strengthened. Seems like a good product to use when i need a teeny kick of protein from my hair being too hydrated.

I'm not a fan of the smell...i wish they smelled more sugary..like lemon sugar instead of lemongrass...i hate all things lemongrass actually. But it's not God-awful...its just disappointing.

I do want to give the no-poo a try tho. I likes things that tingle!:lick:

faithVA

Glad i found this thread before starting a new one:)

I have been using the DevaCurl OneC for the past couple of days...not today tho:look:

I couldn't find it in the ingredients, i'm gonna look again tho (i have a short attention span and sometimes i don't even see the words i'm reading:lol:), but there has to be some kind of protein in it bc it makes my hair feel strengthened. Seems like a good product to use when i need a teeny kick of protein from my hair being too hydrated.

I'm not a fan of the smell...i wish they smelled more sugary..like lemon sugar instead of lemongrass...i hate all things lemongrass actually. But it's not God-awful...its just disappointing.

I do want to give the no-poo a try tho. I likes things that tingle!:lick:

The only thing that I can see that may be protein in the HOPS. I'm not that good with protein.

I actually just got the No Poo and the Deva One conditioner today. Going to try them out together on Wednesday or maybe tomorrow if my twist out doesn't hold up. Also got the gel, the set it free and the Heaven In Hair :look: I rarely do a whole line. Figured I would go for it. It was on sale :ohwell:

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I've been using the No Poo for a few months now, and it's definitely a staple. It gives a Great clean, and I love the smell. Like tea roses. I can't detangle with it, so that's the only flaw.

SmilingElephant

The only thing that I can see that may be protein in the HOPS. I'm not that good with protein.

I actually just got the No Poo and the Deva One conditioner today. Going to try them out together on Wednesday or maybe tomorrow if my twist out doesn't hold up. Also got the gel, the set it free and the Heaven In Hair :look: I rarely do a whole line. Figured I would go for it. It was on sale :ohwell:

faithVA On sale hhhwhere? Plz don't say Ulta bc that's where i got my bottle from:look:

faithVA

[USER=45347 said:
SmilingElephant[/USER];16207727]@faithVA On sale hhhwhere? Plz don't say Ulta bc that's where i got my bottle from:look:

No it wasn't Ulta. It was PaylessBeauty.com. Someone posted a father's day code last week. It was 25% off.

I was going to Ulta but this deal was better. 25% off, free shipping. And they sent me some free samples and a brush :look: Not sure what I'm going to do with it but I like free stuff in my box. :lol:

faithVA

I tried to pineapple my twistout last night which was a fail :lol: I ended up with a puff this morning. A nice puff but there was no moving past it. So I put Deva Curl No Poo on dry hair according to some online instructions. I rinsed. My hair felt weird in a way I can't describe. It felt hard and rough. So I put on some more No Poo to get a good wash. Next time I will prepoo with Tresemme Naturals because it is wetter. Then I will rinse and prepoo with Deva Curl No Poo.

I rinsed and put on the Deva One Conditioner. I let it sit while I showered. I then split each section into smaller sections to smooth it in. It did calm my hair down a bit from the No Poo. I rinsed and reapplied the Deva One, smoothed again. Deva One doesn't feel like it has any slip but when I started to finger detangle I noticed it had enough slip to finger detangle. I rinsed and finger detangled some more under running water.

The instructions say to apply Deva One as a leave-in sparingly. I had been apply the conditioner heavily to saturate my hair. Outside of the shower I applied the Deva One sort of sparingly :lol: I am a bit heavy handed. I let the conditioner sit on each section while I worked on other sections. I took down each section and applied the Deva Curl Angel and smoothed it in.

A Paul Mitchell brush came with my Deva Curl products. So I used it to comb through my hair. :look: And I am not ashamed :nono: It worked better than the denman which just pulls my hair out. And after I combed through my hair I finger combed a bit. I may resume finger combing again later but for right now I'm cool with this brush.

I twisted each section into 2 to 3 twists. I put on my hot head cap and let everything soak in for 30 minutes. I will try to do 7 twists per section to see if I can get a decent twists out with 28 twists.

Not sure if I like the No Poo. I still like the Deva One Conditioner. I like the way the Angel goes on. It makes my hair feel smooth. It's hard to really rate them yet because they just aren't like other products. I will have to see how my hair feels in the morning when it dries.

This is week 6, wash 2. Going to use the Deva Curl products until I run out. Doubt if they make it 6 weeks.

I will post again on my next cowash to let everyone know how it works out.

Update: I will try to remember to describe the scents of the products next time. All I can remember at this time is that the No Poo and the Angel smell pretty good. The Deva One Lemongrass may drive you crazy. It doesn't bother me. Most smells don't. But it does remind me of some cleaning product or is it something we used to use on shoes back in the day?

Last edited:

faithVA

It's the morning after. I put my hair in 40 twists (yes it takes that many for me to have a decent twist out). My hair was completely dry this morning. It was still soft. It was moderately moisturized. I sprayed it with the Deva Curl Set It Free and let it soak in before unraveling my twists. I separated my twists into 4 sections. My 4a sections held good definition. My 4b sections are more afroey. But its soft. My roots are manageable. And my ends didn't stick together.

So for my 1st use I think it worked well. I used less products than I would have used with any other regimen. Considering how dry, wiry and undefined my hair is I think it came out well. I didn't include a pic. My hair is so short that in a picture it just looks like a fro :ohwell: When I get a good shot though I will include a pic.

faithVA

Still using the Deva Curl products.

The Deva Curl No Poo probably will never be my favorite. Even though I only use it on my scalp, it causes my hair to shrink up. My hair really feels clean. And it is great on my scalp. It's supposed to help hydrate so I will keep using it.

Deva Curl Heaven In Hair: I have used this at least 4 times and I really like. It makes my hair feel very soft. Not sure if I will repurchase. I was told that I should use the Deva Care One since my hair is colored. But I will continue to use it until I use it up.

Deva Curl One; I use this one more as a leave-in vs. using it as a conditioner. I really like it as a leave-in. It does make my scalp itch and it softens my hair up. With just this as a leave-in I have a very nice sheen.

I ordered the Deva Care One, another bottle of the Deva Curl One and the Deva Curl Be-Leavein. I will use the Deva Care One as my conditioner and the Deva Curl One as my leave-in, follwed by Be-Leavein.

I like the product line so far and am having good results. I have also been using Givoanni SAS. But I will be switching over to only Deva Curl products starting this week.

SmilingElephant

Still using the Deva Curl products.

The Deva Curl No Poo probably will never be my favorite. Even though I only use it on my scalp, it causes my hair to shrink up. My hair really feels clean. And it is great on my scalp. It's supposed to help hydrate so I will keep using it.

Deva Curl Heaven In Hair: I have used this at least 4 times and I really like. It makes my hair feel very soft. Not sure if I will repurchase. I was told that I should use the Deva Care One since my hair is colored. But I will continue to use it until I use it up.

Deva Curl One; I use this one more as a leave-in vs. using it as a conditioner. I really like it as a leave-in. It does make my scalp itch and it softens my hair up. With just this as a leave-in I have a very nice sheen.

I ordered the Deva Care One, another bottle of the Deva Curl One and the Deva Curl Be-Leavein. I will use the Deva Care One as my conditioner and the Deva Curl One as my leave-in, follwed by Be-Leavein.

I like the product line so far and am having good results. I have also been using Givoanni SAS. But I will be switching over to only Deva Curl products starting this week.

Thanx for the thorough review faithVA! I completely forgot to pick up a bottle of the no-poo to try!:spinning:

faithVA

^^Your welcome. I like typing :lol:

Got my Deva Care One, Deva Curl One and B'Leave In today. Spoke to a Deva Stylist last week and he suggested I use the Deva Care One as my conditioner since my hair is color treated and to use the Deva Curl One as my Leave-in, followed by B'Leave In. So I figured I would try it.

I have been using the Giovanni SAS and I love how it feels. So comparing Deva Care One to that :nono: But I'm not going to be impulsive. I will try it out for a few weeks to give it a true test. After I let the DCare1 sit my hair felt soft, but it was also a bit tangled. But as soon as I put the DCurl1 on, man did my hair get soft and smooth. My hair just stretched and was easy to work with.

As I mentioned before I think these products work better together. Because there is some mojo going on :lol:

I have no clue what I'm doing with the B'Leave In or the Angel. I tried them on different sections of hair but I dunno. So going to wait for my consulration and cut so the stylist can tell me what I'm supposed to be doing.

faithVA

I left the back and the front out to dry loose :look: to see what would happen. Neither section completely dried. My ringlets didn't last but my hair was really soft. And even though I had shrinkage it was so severe that I couldn't put my fingers in it.

I added a little water this morning and finger combed through it to loosen it up. My roots are still nice and soft and manageable. Of course I would like more results but I am pleased. I have achieved more in 8 weeks on Curly Girl than I have in 2 years trying anything else.

MrsJaiDiva

Embracing the Light
I left the back and the front out to dry loose :look: to see what would happen. Neither section completely dried. My ringlets didn't last but my hair was really soft. And even though I had shrinkage it was so severe that I couldn't put my fingers in it.

I added a little water this morning and finger combed through it to loosen it up. My roots are still nice and soft and manageable. Of course I would like more results but I am pleased. I have achieved more in 8 weeks on Curly Girl than I have in 2 years trying anything else.

Same here! Smh, all this time I've been doing it the hard way... :nono::lol:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
I bought some of these products during the Curlmart sale last week. I can't wait to try them. I also am finally trying Wen.

faithVA

[USER=49019 said:
wavezncurlz[/USER];16323747]I bought some of these products during the Curlmart sale last week. I can't wait to try them. I also am finally trying Wen.

hmm, looking forward to your review. What did you purchase?

Besides the Deva Curl One I don't think you would need any of the other products. Even that might be too heavy for your hair.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
faithVA
My hair is so dry and not soft from coloring too much. I am taking a break and letting some grays come in so my hair can recover. I bought the Deva One because I keep hearing how soft it makes everyone's hair. Even though my hair is fine, it is super tangly and I am having a lot of problems with detangling and lots of hair in the comb/tub/drain. That's why I'm willing to try this and Wen. I need some relief.

faithVA

[USER=49019 said:
wavezncurlz[/USER];16323873]@faithVA
My hair is so dry and not soft from coloring too much. I am taking a break and letting some grays come in so my hair can recover. I bought the Deva One because I keep hearing how soft it makes everyone's hair. Even though my hair is fine, it is super tangly and I am having a lot of problems with detangling and lots of hair in the comb/tub/drain. That's why I'm willing to try this and Wen. I need some relief.

Definitely give it a try. I was putting henna in my hair and I just went back to coloring the 1st of June. My hair is dry, brittle and just sad from who knows what.

I am definitely enjoying the DCurl1 :yep: Put it on and let it sit for a few minutes. Squeeze/squish it in to the strands before detangling. Hopefully it works well for you.

serenity34

I have a question, someone posted an article about glycerine products causing split ends and breakage . Think i read the article on curly nikki and it was posted here. It stated its best not to use during the summer due to dew piont and humid conditions. Have anyone of you experienced this? was about to order the devacurl products but i see it is high on the list like 1st or second on the list