COURAGE TO STAND ALONE

Aggie

LET DOWN YOUR HAIR

Shortly before Jesus was crucified, a woman named Mary poured a bottle of
expensive perfume on His feet.

Then, in what may have been an even more daring act, she wiped His feet with her hair (John 12:3). Not only did Mary sacrifice what may have been her life's savings, she also sacrificed her reputation. In first-century Middle Eastern culture, respectable women nevr let down their hair in public. But true worship is not concerned about what others think of us (2 Sam.6:21-22). To worship Jesus, Mary was willing to be thought of as immodest, perhaps even immoral.

Some of us may feel pressured to be perfect when we go to church so that people will think well of us. Metaphorically speaking, we work hard to make
sure we have every hair in place. But a healthy church is a place where we can let down our hair and not hide our flaws behind a facade of perfection. In church, we should be able to revel our weakness to find strength rather than conceal our faults to appear strong.

Worship doesn't involve behaving as if nothing is wrong; it's making sure
everything is right-right with God and with one another. When our greatest fear is letting down our hair, perhaps our greatest sin is keeping it up.

Then Mary took a pound of very costly oil of spikenard, anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped His feet with her hair. - John 12:3

Wow, I really enjoyed this and it helped me to look deeper inside myself at motives and motivations that I might have when it comes to doing that which is most pleasing to our Lord. I need to do a lot more inner reflecting. Thanks for sharing @Iwanthealthyhair67