2015 Christian Random Thoughts - Stand Strong - 11:58 is Not Too Late

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
I've been crying ever since Monday. Especially more after last night. I know that things aren't supposed to last forever, and you move into different seasons, but with this job change and moving more into the ministry, I'm more confused and scared than ever.

I'm so heartbroken about leaving all of my coworkers. I was talking to one of them last night via text and started bawling. I'm crying now while typing this.

I'm supposed to be praying for a release for me to go ahead and move forward, but I don't even know if I want to go.

This is all happening way too fast. I wasn't expecting any of this.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
whosthatgurl, confusion and fear are just opportunities for growth. Sounds like growing pains ...not to make light of your experience or sound like a cliche' but "This, too, shall pass"

mz.rae

For some reason right now I am feeling church burn out. Like some times I just really do not wamt to go to church. The Sunday before last I couldn't make it because I had to do some research for nursing school. On the drive home it was so warm and sunny I felt so much peace just driving and listening to my church's sermon CD.

Last edited:

sizzle

I've been crying ever since Monday. Especially more after last night. I know that things aren't supposed to last forever, and you move into different seasons, but with this job change and moving more into the ministry, I'm more confused and scared than ever.

I'm so heartbroken about leaving all of my coworkers. I was talking to one of them last night via text and started bawling. I'm crying now while typing this.

I'm supposed to be praying for a release for me to go ahead and move forward, but I don't even know if I want to go.

This is all happening way too fast. I wasn't expecting any of this.

If you are this unhappy, then you will need a more declarative answer from God...pray some more. You might be serving the Lord in your current position more than you'll ever know. Anyway, I pray that you will find finally find peace in whatever decision that you make. God bless.

Divine.

Wondering if it's ever okay to allow a non-Christian man court you..... Thoughts?

The short answer: you can do whatever you want to do. God gives us free will. However, there is a cost to knowingly dating someone who is not saved.

Do not, I repeat, do NOT go into a relationship thinking you can change a man. Only God can do that. There's a chance your light can prompt him to get saved, but then again, he may reject the God you love and serve. Just know that a person has to want to change first. You can pray all day for their soul, but if his heart is hardened toward God, God cannot intervene (again, because he does not get in the way of our free will).

Is it possible to court someone and they get saved BEFORE you get married? Absolutely. But I would not walk down that aisle unless you know that is the case or else you are going to set yourself up for the biggest test of your life. Divorce is not an option ever. God's Word is clear: "And if a woman has a husband who is not a believer and he is willing to live with her, she must not divorce him." 1 Corinthians 7:13

Thankfully God has a special grace for those in marriages with a person who is not saved. God can bless an imperfect marriage, but not without some tests. Marriage is important to God. Even if you do marry a christian, that doesn't automatically mean your marriage is going to be easy. However, the great thing about being married to someone who is saved is that the Holy Spirit is able to guide both spouses in the marriage. He can speak to the husband about an issue that is important to the wife and vice versa. Ultimately, they both can come together and pray over their marriage.

I would read 1 Corinthians 7 and 1 Peter 3. Then determine if this something you would want to do.

kanozas

se ven las caras pero nunca el corazón
Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ

There is a very dangerous philosophy targeting minorities today, to take a revenge of sorts. It appeals to the sensitive feelings of those experiencing racist oppression. Surely, society will reap what it sows but vengeance doesn't belong to us. Why become as evil as your oppressor? They want you to feel as though you are lacking but you are the richest.

blessedandfavoured

Wondering if it's ever okay to allow a non-Christian man court you.....

Thoughts?

Hi preciouslove0x, please listen to the message below, shared by Kacie. Also, remember that as wise as Solomon was, and as strong as Samson was, they still married ungodly women who led them away from God, and out of God's will, respectively. Had they not courted said women, their lives may have ended differently.

In short, I think it's a bad idea and you would be setting yourself up for a terrible fall. I leave you with Proverbs 3:5-6 and Psalms 27:14.

In process of listening to this message.. "The Reason for the Wait"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VgHtHf6yj8

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Re: Identity Theft is Nothing New

Enjoyed this radio series this week, esp the last entry. Sharing for encouragement.
The whole week's transcript is here:
>> Identity Theft is Nothing New!

Friday, March 27th, 2015
Identity Theft is Nothing New!

If you are a Christ-follower, born from above through faith in Christ, no one can truly steal your identity, because no one can snatch you out of Jesus’ hand. However, your enemy can make your life pretty miserable by trying to deceive you and cause you to dwell on who you used to be instead of who you ARE.

So, how do you keep that from happening? You have one weapon—the Word of God—but that’s all you need. It is a powerful weapon, a living and active weapon, sharper than any double-edged sword. It will defeat your enemy if you know how to use it.

I have never used a firearm of any kind. I would not know how to pull a trigger on a gun. Therefore, even though I could own a gun, it would do me no good if I needed to defend myself because I don’t know a thing about guns.

In the same way, if you want to prevent identity theft and live in the truth of who you are in Christ instead of being mired in the lies of Satan, you must know how to use your weapon, the Word of God. No doubt you have a Bible, but do you know how to use it as a weapon? Here’s an example:

You’re having a bad day because you’re thinking about your failures, your inadequacies, your sins of the past. You’re feeling unworthy and guilty and full of shame. But because you know the truth of God’s Word, you decide to fight back with your weapon. So, you rebuke those wrong thoughts, which are from the devil, and you replace them with truth, such as Philippians 3:13:

This one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

You literally use the Word of God as a weapon, quote it, read it, write it, speak it—just pull the trigger, so to speak, and blast the enemy with God’s truth. You can fight back with truth and you know the truth by continually, daily being in God’s Word, being in a Bible study group, listening, reading, and memorizing the Word. You will defeat your enemy when you know the Word and use it. There is no other way to victory and joy.

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
Isn't it funny how there's one person that tries to ruin a good moment? This is probably the reason why I don't testify on social media.

this week has been a good transition week for me working in the ministry. My first official day of my new assignment was on Wednesday.

Please continue to pray in my strength.

Maracujá

November 2020 --> 14 years natural!!!
Pastor Voddie Baucham is moving to Zambia, today he posted an audio explaining why he's going. You can listen to it here: http://launchthemove.com/. I am so excited about this and will be praying for this. I'm listening to the audio right now and a valuable point that he raises is the fact that we as Africans deal with a different set of problems that theological books from the US cannot help us deal with. He spoke about animism and ancestors worship; he said it is valuable that there are African theologians publishing books within Africa.

movingforward

Moving forward and onward
a few years ago, when I was broker than broke, K-Love was having their fundraiser drive for the station. I promised myself, the next time I catch their drive; that I would give.

Well this week they had a drive and I said oh good I can give a modest donation. Before I could think of the amount the Holy Spirit said $50.

So that's what I gave.

The same day, I was bless with $50!

Needless to say, I'm so happy! Totally unexpected.

mz.rae

Feeling a little down today, I just feel like I don't give up on people the way they give up on me. I just feel hurt, I've tried to move on with my life but it's not working. Now I just feel like I don't even bother allowing people to come in or try to build friendships with people I just feel like what's the point people only want to hurt the next person anyway. I just feel cold, and emotionally detached towards people. I'm to the point where I just get what I want from people and discard them.

Divine.

Feeling a little down today, I just feel like I don't give up on people the way they give up on me. I just feel hurt, I've tried to move on with my life but it's not working. Now I just feel like I don't even bother allowing people to come in or try to build friendships with people I just feel like what's the point people only want to hurt the next person anyway. I just feel cold, and emotionally detached towards people. I'm to the point where I just get what I want from people and discard them.

Sorry you're going through this! I understand how you feel completely. It sounds to me like you may be in bondage to people.

You should never put your hope and trust in man. When you're in bondage to people, everything they say or do can impact your feelings. Instead of not caring at all, just put your hope in the Lord. God will never disappoint you like people will.

Pray about this area. Ask God to release you from this stronghold. You'll be able to live your life much more freely once you let go of other people disappointing you. You have to change your outlook from "Everyone lets me down" to "God is my ONLY source of hope. It's okay for people to fall short in this area because they are unable to fill me like my Father in Heaven can."

Give people some grace to be imperfect. That's the type of grace God bestows on us everyday.

kanozas

Feeling a little down today, I just feel like I don't give up on people the way they give up on me.. I'm to the point where I just get what I want from people and discard them.

I happened across this song today. I hope it might minister to you in some way. Mary Mary, Never Wave My Flag

movingforward

So my move to Colorado was squashed. Fine

Stuck in a dead end job in Chicago, for now. Fine

My manager and I had a huge argument and she said I was being insubordinate....not true and she couldn't think of any examples when I asked. FINE!

My co worker informed me that my manager is trying to build a case to fire me. <record scratch> FINE!

I know I'm going through a valley experience. But I'm so tired and drained that everything is just FINE!

I go through in the same areas and I'm TRYING to find the lesson to be learned in all of this.

mz.rae

I happened across this song today. I hope it might minister to you in some way. Mary Mary, Never Wave My Flag
Sorry you're going through this! I understand how you feel completely. It sounds to me like you may be in bondage to people.

You should never put your hope and trust in man. When you're in bondage to people, everything they say or do can impact your feelings. Instead of not caring at all, just put your hope in the Lord. God will never disappoint you like people will.

Pray about this area. Ask God to release you from this stronghold. You'll be able to live your life much more freely once you let go of other people disappointing you. You have to change your outlook from "Everyone lets me down" to "God is my ONLY source of hope. It's okay for people to fall short in this area because they are unable to fill me like my Father in Heaven can."

Give people some grace to be imperfect. That's the type of grace God bestows on us everyday.

Thank you so much ladies for you're words and the song. I'm feeling much better today! I'm realizing what happened was for the best and apart of God's plan. I'm actually realizing how much better my life is now without those people.

LiftedUp

I'm frustrated. I asked the God to tell me today, why? I know it's not my place to question but I really need to know why? I've been going to interview after interview that went imo excellent and I have not been getting the job. The recruiting officer tells me that I was excellent but there was a slight difference between me and the other person, really slight. I have an impressive resume, meet all of the requirements and the interview goes perfect, if not near perfect. It's like I'm tasting something but not getting the whole bite. I don't know what to do at this point. I live a good life and try to do the right thing and this breakthrough I cannot get *sigh*.

To top it off, my boss has been pressuring and picking on me lately and has been personally attacking me. I really really want to leave this environment. I cannot take it any more.

Today, I just needed to exhale after yet another rejection. The recruiting manager sounded really apologetic (she was on the panel) and I told her that it was fine, but I really don't know what to do any more. She couldn't even have given me advice on how I could've improved. I don't know what to do. I'm trying to cast my burdens onto the Lord but I feel that I have been doing that but nothing...

movingforward

I could've wrote this entire post.

I'm frustrated. I asked the God to tell me today, why? I know it's not my place to question but I really need to know why? I've been going to interview after interview that went imo excellent and I have not been getting the job. The recruiting officer tells me that I was excellent but there was a slight difference between me and the other person, really slight. I have an impressive resume, meet all of the requirements and the interview goes perfect, if not near perfect. It's like I'm tasting something but not getting the whole bite. I don't know what to do at this point. I live a good life and try to do the right thing and this breakthrough I cannot get *sigh*.

To top it off, my boss has been pressuring and picking on me lately and has been personally attacking me. I really really want to leave this environment. I cannot take it any more.

Today, I just needed to exhale after yet another rejection. The recruiting manager sounded really apologetic (she was on the panel) and I told her that it was fine, but I really don't know what to do any more. She couldn't even have given me advice on how I could've improved. I don't know what to do. I'm trying to cast my burdens onto the Lord but I feel that I have been doing that but nothing...

movingforward

WELP! I HAD a job offer. The manager actually hired me on the spot last week.....the position was for a Human Resources Director.

I just had to go through the background checks.

Received a call today, the company is under new management (it's a small company) and the old manager didn't feel right hiring me on; considering the company will be under new mgmt in the coming weeks.

But he passed my information on to the new manager.

I was supposed to move out of state last year and this year -- both times something came up. NOW this!

I have no idea what is going on!

I'm asking God for answers, but I'm still clueless!

kanozas

With life comes risk-taking. Having faith is risk-taking and so is marriage, taking on a new career, an education and a host of other things. When you get married, you don't fully know the person. You should know that person as much as you can and as is wise. But living together, you get to know your mate over years and decades. One way you don't have to know your potential marital partner is sexually. You can get an idea about each other by openly discussing all aspects pre-marriage. What is your health status and not just STD/STI? Does your partner have a healthy idea about sex? Couples can explore that time to come by getting to know one another psychologically and spiritually.

But what happens when you've tested out your partner sexually? You've had sex. Your emotions have just now tied you to this person. You can practically no longer make a wise, emotionally sound decision about whether to marry this person. Your body has taken over the mind. Choose a husband with your head, not your emotions. The world will tell you to try the other way to determine compatibility. It's not the truth.

Divine.

I was having quiet time with the Lord and he spoke to me: "Would you still love me if things remained the same?" Little did I realize that this was the beginning of a prophetic word that God was speaking to many of his children. There are a lot of Christians going through tough times right now and many are beginning to grow weary. They are beginning to question if God is going to come through. Their fervor for God is starting to fade because it appears as though He is not moving.

One of the pastors I follow online gave a sermon about this area 3 days after God spoke this message to me. As the title of this thread states, "Stand Strong". If you haven't read the first post of this thread in awhile, I recommend you read it today! There is word there for someone, somewhere who is losing hope. God is here (SN: I wrote this last sentence before I even knew @Shimmie used the same wording in her original post! God is speaking!).

kanozas

Pray and love those who have outbursts against G-d, religion and adherents to faith. Their anger is a cry for help. Jesus says about the world, "they are all looking for me." For every person who wants anything...that person is looking for the One who is the propitiation of sins. We are all looking for Jesus.

mz.rae

So.... I'm thinking I need a break from everything! A break from social media, a break from people, a break from church, just a break from everything. For the pass few months I have just felt weighed down and drained to the point it is coming out in anger. So I am considering just taking a hiatus from some things starting this week.