Attn.hair divas: My hair feels rough but is healthy, how can I get it to feel smooth?

seeminglysweet

Re: Attn.hair divas: My hair feels rough but is healthy, how can I get it to feel smo

I'm 90% sure I have some PC at home. I will have to check. I was going to get some Paul Mitchel super skinny and color care after work, but I'll try the cheaper route first...ACV and PC.

Now, just to be clear. I should pre-poo with PC and do the ACV/cold water rinse as a last step before rollersetting? I have alma oil, that will have to suffice as a replacement for vatika oil.

Thanks ladies!

NYAmicas

Seeker
Re: Attn.hair divas: My hair feels rough but is healthy, how can I get it to feel smo

I have the same problem unfortunately....right in the middle of my head is the worst for some reason...:sad:

seeminglysweet

:bighug:

To all the ladies that replied yesterday.

Last night I did a pre-poo with PC only on the frizzy ends, co-washed with herbal essence long term relationship, did a cold ACV rinse, used lacio lacio as a leave in and sealed with chi silk infusion.

My rollerset.....WORLDS better. My ends are smooth and not frizzy.My hair is shiney and manageable! I NEVER have shiney hair.
I need a trim so a few pieces are flipped out but it's awesome.

:urock: :lots:

Dposh167

^^^^ thanks for the update! its good to hear PC worked for you too.

I washed last night with
PC shampoo.
Deep Conditioned w/ PC moisture pak.
Giovanni Direct as my leave in
Rollerset each section w/ a lil bit of Aveda Hang Straight lotion

and my hair was in much better condition than before. My hair wasn't drying as fast as I rollersetting, and the spots that were rough (due to poor porosity) was fixed! I do have some crunchy ends, but I think they need to be trimmed off:wallbash:...but other than that, I fixed my problem

ajoyfuljoy

Cosigninig with this. Coconut oil is a godsend.

off topic, gosh your hair is so pretty! Every time i see your TWA in a thread I have to stop and look at it for a bit :grin:

ajoyfuljoy

LMAO.

Well African tribe cousin, I've been co-washing & what not, but my hair still has that...brittle-like feeling. I read Sistaslick's article on porosity, and I think that's my problem. When I'm not so poor I'll invest in some and let you know what happens. :lachen:

OK cuz, lemme know how it goes! :)

Hey, did you ever see Soul Plane? Remember the part when the co-pilot was like, "Waa waa waa!" That's what I'll sing if we ever meet in person, lol!

Last edited:

starfish79

ADV rinses also you can make a paste w/ amla powder smooth it on just like henna.

Soliel185

Try a citric acid rinse! Anytime my ends start feeling 'snarly', I whip up a quick rinse (1/2 tsp of citric acid to 8-12oz of water and a tiny bit of conditioner to give it a lil 'thickness') - and my ends smooth out and turn to butter.

It's worth a try. :yep:

You can find citric acid as Pickling Salt in the spice aisle of most grocery stores.

I was going to say - just about every product for frizzy hair or for straightening hair contains citric acid. I'm thinking about purchasing some but I wasn't sure of how to dilute it. :yep:

JustKiya

I was going to say - just about every product for frizzy hair or for straightening hair contains citric acid. I'm thinking about purchasing some but I wasn't sure of how to dilute it. :yep:

*grin* You'll KNOW if you haven't diluted it enough - you'll get the worst case of the itchies, EVER. If that happens, just rinse it on out - I don't know/think it can really cause any harm.

And please, don't get it in your eye - this is the active ingredient in lemons/limes/etc, so you KNOW it'll sting like all unholy.

Soliel185

*grin* You'll KNOW if you haven't diluted it enough - you'll get the worst case of the itchies, EVER. If that happens, just rinse it on out - I don't know/think it can really cause any harm.

And please, don't get it in your eye - this is the active ingredient in lemons/limes/etc, so you KNOW it'll sting like all unholy.

Are Citric Acid and Sodium PCA in anyway related? I have a tiny bottle of that and I want to try adding a bit to my weekly DC spectacular. :grin:

JustKiya

Are Citric Acid and Sodium PCA in anyway related? I have a tiny bottle of that and I want to try adding a bit to my weekly DC spectacular. :grin:

Hrm, I don't know. Lemme find out. :lol:

ETA: Oooh, it sounds yummy, but totally not related to citric acid. ;)

filthyfresh

OK cuz, lemme know how it goes! :)

Hey, did you ever see Soul Plane? Remember the part when the co-pilot was like, "Waa waa waa!" That's what I'll sing if we ever meet in person, lol!

LMAO @ "Waa waa waa!" :lachen:
I'm getting a clear Sebastians Colourshines with my relaxer so that should help with the porosity, I hope. I'll let you know how it goes. =]

Aggie

Try a citric acid rinse! Anytime my ends start feeling 'snarly', I whip up a quick rinse (1/2 tsp of citric acid to 8-12oz of water and a tiny bit of conditioner to give it a lil 'thickness') - and my ends smooth out and turn to butter.

It's worth a try. :yep:

You can find citric acid as Pickling Salt in the spice aisle of most grocery stores.

ITA with this JK because I co-washed with some Infusium 23 conditioner:wallbash: (YUCK) that made my hair super hard and rough dry and no amount of moisturizer was able to soften it to my satisfaction. I remembered that I did purchase 2 lbs of citric acid and I mixed about 1/4 teaspoon in about 32 oz of distilled water and poured that over freshly MT shampooed hair and my hair sprung right back into soft heaven action. This is yummy and I know it's gonna be on my list for purchase again when I run out.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

bump

so glad I found this thread-I'm having this problem right now. I thought it was hard water, bought a filter, no fix. So...I'll be trying some of the advice in this thread ASAP. It seems like most of you got the results you were looking for-yay! :)

djanae

bumping this thread, b/c it was right on time for me!

My ends have been giving me ISSUES, and this has been happening since a couple of months post BC. My hair is healthy, thick and full - but my ends REFUSED to lay down/be smooth.

I realized its been quite awhile since I've done an ACV rinse. I think I'm gonna start doing this once every 1-2 weeks. I'm also gonna swing by Sally's to get that Porosity Control.