12 inches in 12 Months 2012!

Bublin

I have the Mini Rake and HS1975 combs. Have I mentioned how awesome they are? :love3: These combs have cut down my breakage like nothing else. I never thought a comb could make such a difference.

http://www.hotcombs.net/magic-mini-star-rake/

http://www.hotcombs.net/hs1975-styling-comb/

I ordered from a company in the UK. They took my money and after a week of non-delivery i emailed them for them to say they had sold out and were not sure when they would re-stock :nono:. They refunded my money promptly though.
tiffers have you used the Ouidad comb, as i have this? How does it compare to the these combs?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I ordered from a company in the UK. They took my money and after a week of non-delivery i emailed them for them to say they had sold out and were not sure when they would re-stock :nono:. They refunded my money promptly though.
tiffers have you used the Ouidad comb, as i have this? How does it compare to the these combs?

Bublin Aw, that sucks! At least they gave you your money back, though. :sad:

I haven't tried the Ouidad comb. I wanted to try it soooo bad, but now that I have my HS combs, the urge to stray has disappeared.

Inspiired

~ I'm in!! :)

Current Length: APL
Goal: BSL
Hair Type: Texlaxed
Regimen:
~ Wash once a week with Terressentials Mud Wash
~ Deep condition with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
~ Moisturize with KBB Sweet Ambrosia and Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In
~ Seal with KBB Butter Love and/or my Castor Oil/Olive Oil mix
~ Bun 99% of the type
~ Scalp-Massage every night
~ Sleep on a Satin Pillowcase & Protect hair with Satin Bonnet
~ Going to incorporate Biotin, a Multi-Vitamin, Vitamin C, Fish oil, Cod Liver Oil and MSM into my regimen starting today.
~ Texlax touch up every 12 to 16 weeks.

Starting Pic:

You're in babe! How are you finding Terressentials Mud Wash? :)

Hmhg <3

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I appreciate you so much or joining this Njoy - thank you for being an inspiration and showing the doubters that it CAN be done :) we'd love to hear any tips you may have! I love USA, I've been there a few times, what part you from?

Hmhg <3

Thanks for the kind words, Inspiired. I'm in Metro Atlanta (Georgia). That's the A-T-L, Shawty! :lol: ('k. Maybe that's a Southern US joke). I'm looking forward to having fun in this thread. Great title. It does grab attention. :grin:

Inspiired

Haha im only in my first year of med school. i have like five and a half years to go lol!That reminds me i must update my blog!!

Aww so are you 18 too? Does it ever get stressful? Remember if so that the scalp massages can be relaxing and help! :)

Hmhg x

Inspiired

Thanks for the kind words, Inspiired. I'm in Metro Atlanta (Georgia). That's the A-T-L, Shawty! :lol: ('k. Maybe that's a Southern US joke). I'm looking forward to having fun in this thread. Great title. It does grab attention. :grin:

Haha I've heard that before! The amount of American TV I watch is unbelievable, especially black comedies! :) Yeah this thread seems like it's gonna be super fun, #SlumberParty2012!! :)

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

I told myself that I won't join anymore challenges, but what the heck? I'm in! :D

I think my growth is below average and wonder if its genetic or health related. I will post details tomorrow.

Yay! Welcome :) It may be worthy checking with the doctor, it could be a mild deficiency that can be easily fixed! Try incorporating more fruits/vegetables are mentioned in the first post, the vitamins from those may help :)

Hmhg <3

Bublin

@Bublin Aw, that sucks! At least they gave you your money back, though. :sad:

I haven't tried the Ouidad comb. I wanted to try it soooo bad, but now that I have my HS combs, the urge to stray has disappeared.

The Ouidad is not seamless and i get the odd snap sound!
So...i have searched again and found that this site in Europe sell the combs http://www.hairandbeautyonline.com/en/search/Hercules+Sagemann/
I'm going to order the Mini Magic Star

and the Mini Star

FOR THOSE INTERESTED IN THE UK THE TOTAL INCLUDING SHIPPING IS 30.07 EUROS WHICH IS ABOUT £25.

Inspiired

Aww! Thank you! :grin:

~ && so far I'm using the Sultry Spice version of the mud wash & I have completely got rid of my shampoo. I LOVE IT! it makes my hair very soft and cleans very well.

You're welcome!

That's amazing, I'm stirring up my inner mixtress and tryin to find an alternative, I couldn't imagine shipping to the UK and how long it'll take. I'll keep you all updated :)

Hmhg <3

bebezazueta

Hey y'all! I'm in! This overachiever is ready to put the naysayers to shame. :look:

Current Length:
I have loads of layers from APL to MBL. My longest layer (nape) is 6 inches to HL & my shortest layer (crown) is 9 inches to HL

Goal Length:
It would be awesome to grow my layers out & end this challenge with blunt cut HL!

NOTE: my crown grows way faster than my nape so it will probably catch up soon!

Plan of attack:
1) nouritress hair vitamins
2) sulfur Shea butter pomade (3-4 times a week)
3) henna monthly
4) cowashing at least 3 times a week w/ a once a week DC
5) buns & roller sets
6) moisturize & seal as needed
7) light protein weekly
8) only 3 relaxers in 2012
9) GHE 3-4 nights a week

Here's my starting pic. I'm on a weight loss challenge also & need prayers.

Inspiired

Hey y'all! I'm in! This overachiever is ready to put the naysayers to shame. :look:

Current Length:
I have loads of layers from APL to MBL. My longest layer (nape) is 6 inches to HL & my shortest layer (crown) is 9 inches to HL

Goal Length:
It would be awesome to grow my layers out & end this challenge with blunt cut HL!

NOTE: my crown grows way faster than my nape so it will probably catch up soon!

Plan of attack:
1) nouritress hair vitamins
2) sulfur Shea butter pomade (3-4 times a week)
3) henna monthly
4) cowashing at least 3 times a week w/ a once a week DC
5) buns & roller sets
6) moisturize & seal as needed
7) light protein weekly
8) only 3 relaxers in 2012
9) GHE 3-4 nights a week

Here's my starting pic. I'm on a weight loss challenge also & need prayers.

#TeamOverachievers! ;) Sounds muy bien! Babe, we'll support you all the way!

Hmhg <3

nakialovesshoes

How did I miss this? I, too, have been inspired by Miss NJoy. This is what my hair currently looks like: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=14833733&postcount=126

Well actually it's just a wee bit longer as these were taken over 2 weeks ago. My bangs are farther down on my nose. I'm already gunning for an inch per month.

An inch per month would take me back to my siggy pic & beyond. My goal is to go from the length I am now to at least BSB. Reaching BSB definitely makes WL doable in 2013 for me. :yep:

I'm going to be:

• Alternating growth aids monthly (I think). I was thinking this might prevent my hair from getting used to one particular growth aid. Any thoughts on that ladies? I'll be using MT/MTG/MN/Gro Aut & Bhingraj Oil
  • CWing daily w/AOHR & moisturizing/sealing. Baggying overnight w/my growth aid. Sometimes baggying during the day.
  • Washing weekly w/ACV & homemade mudwash & DCing/reg conditioning w/AOGBP
  • Taking: Cell Food, MSM, Fo-ti Root, Vitamineral Green, Silica, a multi & maybe biotin. I'm also finishing up a bottle of Nioxin but I didn't take it consistently so I can't really testify as to it working. I drink at least 1/2 gallon of water per day.
  • I will be PSing with wigs, weaves, tree braids, headwraps, my fave old lady turbans, you name it, the entire year. I haven't used any direct heat since April & my goal is not to use any until May 2014 (when my baby graduates from h.s. :grin:).
  • I'm so driven I have a dollar store planner just for my hair. Every day I write in what I've done for my hair to include my supplements. I have monthly goals & this keeps me focused on my goals daily.
Good luck to all of the ladies in this challenge!

naijamerican

I'm in, but it's not because I have aspirations of achieving 1" per month (although that would be cool :yep:). I more so need something to hold me accountable to implementing good hair practices. My failure to protective style has kept me at the same length for months. It's not that my hair can't grow - it can. :yep: It's that I don't comb it the way I should (bottom up) and I don't protective style the way I should (via braids or twists), so I always lose the length I get. I'm sick of being so lazy. So yeah, count me in. :)

pureebony

ok im in, i want to see progress:

i wont be posting a starting pic...hope that's ok but:

Current Length: choppy mix of collar bone length strands lol
Goal:waist length

QueenAmaka

Live, Love, Laugh :)
I'm in!

Current Hair Length:Below APL

Goal for 2012: Waist Length :yep:

Plan of Action:

1. Green Smoothies Daily
2. Hair Vitamins Daily
3. Sulfur Hair Growth Oil daily
4. Wash Weekly/ Rollerset Weekly/ Cowash Weekly
5. Wear Buns 3 - 4 times per week
6. Relax Every 12 Weeks
7. Increase Water Intake

Good Luck Ladies! Let's keep each other encouraged.

Inspiired

How did I miss this? I, too, have been inspired by Miss NJoy. This is what my hair currently looks like: http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showpost.php?p=14833733&postcount=126

Well actually it's just a wee bit longer as these were taken over 2 weeks ago. My bangs are farther down on my nose. I'm already gunning for an inch per month.

An inch per month would take me back to my siggy pic & beyond. My goal is to go from the length I am now to at least BSB. Reaching BSB definitely makes WL doable in 2013 for me. :yep:

I'm going to be:

• Alternating growth aids monthly (I think). I was thinking this might prevent my hair from getting used to one particular growth aid. Any thoughts on that ladies? I'll be using MT/MTG/MN/Gro Aut & Bhingraj Oil
  • CWing daily w/AOHR & moisturizing/sealing. Baggying overnight w/my growth aid. Sometimes baggying during the day.
  • Washing weekly w/ACV & homemade mudwash & DCing/reg conditioning w/AOGBP
  • Taking: Cell Food, MSM, Fo-ti Root, Vitamineral Green, Silica, a multi & maybe biotin. I'm also finishing up a bottle of Nioxin but I didn't take it consistently so I can't really testify as to it working. I drink at least 1/2 gallon of water per day.
  • I will be PSing with wigs, weaves, tree braids, headwraps, my fave old lady turbans, you name it, the entire year. I haven't used any direct heat since April & my goal is not to use any until May 2014 (when my baby graduates from h.s. :grin:).
  • I'm so driven I have a dollar store planner just for my hair. Every day I write in what I've done for my hair to include my supplements. I have monthly goals & this keeps me focused on my goals daily.
Good luck to all of the ladies in this challenge!

Thank you, I enjoyed reading that! Very positive and I like your idea of writing about what you do with your hair everyday - I will be doing something like that with my blog :)
That's a good idea to alternate between growth aids, but how about every 2 months do you can track progress and decide on the product? :)
Is your mud wash made with bentonite clay and aloe vera?
Love baggying!
#TeamWater & #TeamPS (but I will have my hair out also sometimes!)

Hmhg <3

Inspiired

I'm in!

Current Hair Length:Below APL

Goal for 2012: Waist Length :yep:

Plan of Action:

1. Green Smoothies Daily
2. Hair Vitamins Daily
3. Sulfur Hair Growth Oil daily
4. Wash Weekly/ Rollerset Weekly/ Cowash Weekly
5. Wear Buns 3 - 4 times per week
6. Relax Every 12 Weeks
7. Increase Water Intake

Good Luck Ladies! Let's keep each other encouraged.

Wooo! Welcome chica! Sulphur seems to be on a lot of peoples list.

Hmhg <3

bizybee316

I'm in! This will be my first challenge...

Current hair length: About collarbone length

Goal for 2012: BSL

Reggie:

1. Planning on keeping it weaved up for pretty much the whole year...Will rock weave 1 month to 2 months at a time...take it down, deep condition and wear real hair out for about a week, then get rebraided. I'll probably get a relaxer after every other install...so about every four months, and when I get the relaxer ill also get my hair blown out to do a length check. Have to work on making sure my braids are kept moisturized under the weave.

2. Drink lots of water

3. I was taking Nioxin at one time, but it was making me break out something awful, so i may try some other type of vitamin, or supplement

Inspiired

I'm in! This will be my first challenge...

Current hair length: About collarbone length

Goal for 2012: BSL

Reggie:

1. Planning on keeping it weaved up for pretty much the whole year...Will rock weave 1 month to 2 months at a time...take it down, deep condition and wear real hair out for about a week, then get rebraided. I'll probably get a relaxer after every other install...so about every four months, and when I get the relaxer ill also get my hair blown out to do a length check. Have to work on making sure my braids are kept moisturized under the weave.

2. Drink lots of water

3. I was taking Nioxin at one time, but it was making me break out something awful, so i may try some other type of vitamin, or supplement

That sounds good! Yes, make sure your hair is moisturised, whenever I have weave, I spritz (water, aloe vera, rose water and glycerin) then seal with castor oil (http://bootyfurl.blogspot.com/2011/12/castor-oil.html)

Hmhg <3

ladyscorpian14

I'm joing in
current length " 4B natural front close to eyebrows back mid throat
goal: Full Shoulder length

regiment:
1. Wash once a week
2. rollerset everyweek
3. mtg every other night
4. vitamins daily
5. 8 cups of water daily

nakialovesshoes

Thank you, I enjoyed reading that! Very positive and I like your idea of writing about what you do with your hair everyday - I will be doing something like that with my blog :)
That's a good idea to alternate between growth aids, but how about every 2 months do you can track progress and decide on the product? :)
Is your mud wash made with bentonite clay and aloe vera?
Love baggying!
#TeamWater & #TeamPS (but I will have my hair out also sometimes!)

Hmhg <3

Inspiired
Thanks - I'm so excited. As for the growth aids, the only 1 I've never used before is the MTG. I've gotten an inch in a month from MT, MN & the GroAut/Bhingraj Oil. I just never was consistent enough to keep it going. So, it's like I know they work But, I just have to keep going & not get an inch & then stop. 2 months might not be a bad idea. If I don't get an inch both months then I'll drop back to a month.

My mud wash is clay & AV - I also put some lavender EO drops in it today. At some point I'm going to remember to buy some mint EO to add to it as well.

silentdove13

Thanks for posting this challenge. 2012 is my 'get back on track' year and I had planned on laying off the heat this year except for the two weddings i'm in

Current Length: Almost shoulder length
Goal: APL, BSL in 2012
Starting Pic: in signature