Does anyone have a mannequin head?

daviine

How do you shop for these? Where did you get yours? I just bought one form Sally's but I really don't think that it's worth the $50 I had to pay for it plus the $6.99 for the holder.

Could I have done better online or at a Korean BSS?

I'll be looking for my receipt...... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I got a kinky haired one to practice twists, cornrows, flat twists, etc. on from my Korean beauty supply for $25. The straight haired one was only $20... /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

hisandher.com sells the kinky and the straight one for $40...

hairfanatic

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
How do you shop for these? Where did you get yours? I just bought one form Sally's but I really don't think that it's worth the $50 I had to pay for it plus the $6.99 for the holder.

I'll be looking for my receipt......

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to have one but got mine from a flea shop and paid $10.00. $50.00? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif That seems really high but it could be a better quality mannequin head, I don't know. I do know that a lot of Sally's beauty equipment products are over priced. Maybe you could put in a search for "salon equipment" or try Ebay.
If you could find your receipt that can be good.

daviine

Yeah--Sally's does seem to be overpriced but I go there when I am trying new products in case I want to return them (which I never have because I can never find the receipt until its too late /images/graemlins/blush.gif). In this cae, I bought it becasue the sign said $39.99 and I figure by the time I paid S&amp;H, it would come out to be the same online. Because I am not a professional (even though they call me Feria Lady and they all know my son and me), I had to pay $49.99.

I noticed after I looked at the receipt and I was peeved. It must have really struck a nerve becasue then I got pissed off and said to myself that I am tired of spending money on hair products /images/graemlins/shocked.gif(we'll see about that).

At any rate, maybe if I stop then I can spend a little money on my skin and CLOTHES and SHOES becasue that's what I really need!

Anyways, I'm babbling.....but I will try to look at the Korean BSS today but it's hard enough to find parking in NY WITHOUT the snow........... /images/graemlins/frown.gif

sweetcocoa

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
daviine said:
I'll be looking for my receipt...... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
This is so weird I was just thinking about buying one to practice cornrowing and flat twists when I saw this post! I didn't know you could buy them at the Korean hair shops...
or Sally's. Thanks!