W"HIP" Length 2012 Challenge!

regina07

Hey y'all - checking in. I had a hard conversation with myself earlier this week after whining to myself "aw man, my hair just isn't retaining length...poor me, blah, blah, blah."

Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised I'm not retaining length -- I'm not doing much. Haven't DC'd in months, haven't baggied in months, hhaven't taken hair & nail vitamins in months, aven't given myself any heat in months.

All I've done is bun, co-wash and sleep on satin sheets. It's not enough moisture and all the bunning with curly hair leaves me overwhelmed with SSK.

So I'm recommitting to baggying every night, DC'ing every other week and applying heat 1x a month. My hair loves heat and last year it grew best when I did all of this consistently.

Happy hair growing in 2013!

Ms. Tiki

Hey y'all - checking in. I had a hard conversation with myself earlier this week after whining to myself "aw man, my hair just isn't retaining length...poor me, blah, blah, blah."

Honestly, I shouldn't be surprised I'm not retaining length -- I'm not doing much. Haven't DC'd in months, haven't baggied in months, hhaven't taken hair & nail vitamins in months, aven't given myself any heat in months.

All I've done is bun, co-wash and sleep on satin sheets. It's not enough moisture and all the bunning with curly hair leaves me overwhelmed with SSK.

So I'm recommitting to baggying every night, DC'ing every other week and applying heat 1x a month. My hair loves heat and last year it grew best when I did all of this consistently.

Happy hair growing in 2013!

regina07 This convo with yourself sounds familiar. I've neglected my hair a bit since I moved. Heck, I've done the same things you've done. I can't remember the last time I DC'd. The only difference it that I sleep on a satin pillow case and I have wrapped my hair at night most nights. I need to get back to steaming and everything thing. *sigh* We will do better for the new year

regina07

@regina07 This convo with yourself sounds familiar. I've neglected my hair a bit since I moved. Heck, I've done the same things you've done. I can't remember the last time I DC'd. The only difference it that I sleep on a satin pillow case and I have wrapped my hair at night most nights. I need to get back to steaming and everything thing. *sigh* We will do better for the new year

We are in this together! I can feel an enormous difference in my hair just from 3 days of baggying. The ends are moisturized. I'm living in twists during the day, massaging with sulphur mix at night before baggying. Will DC and flatiron next weekend