What is the difference between a leave in conditioner and a moisturizer?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
divachyk, At times yes. I'm stilI experimenting so I guess I'm just paranoid of build up. Once its there even a little I have to wash and try again. If I had it my way I would wash 2 times a week. Not that it's dry anymore but because the way it feels if that makes since.

My hair has improved so much especially in the last 6 months. Ive been reading through the forums.

I am starting to understand my hair much better. Being relaxed I need more moisture but having low porosity doesn't allow the moisture to sink in all the time -still learning. When I get it right I have to eventually balance the moisture after awhile but my hair is pretty coarse therefore protein sensitive.

Don't be surprised if I start to hair stalk you... for education purposes :)

jennwantslonghurr I've adjusted my wash schedule to alternate co-cleansing one week and shampooing the following week. This ensures the hair is cleansed properly every two weeks. Butters can make the hair feel waxy and since I'm using butters almost daily, shampooing every few weeks is necessary.

I don't wash at the first sign of buildup. I will just wait it out until wash day. If a product makes my hair feel like buildup within one or two uses, it's not the right product for me. Buildup should happen over time, not instantly -- just my opinion. Instant buildup is not the business.

My low porosity hair has to be force fed moisture with baggying when I use products that are not right for my hair. My hair has the ability to accept moisture and does so quite well when I use products that are ideal for my hair. I struggle a lot less now that I got the right products in rotation.

Stalk on :yep: :giggle:

jennwantslonghurr

divachyk, thank you. I guess my quest for moisture continues lol. By the way I just found out relaxedthairapy was your blog, ha :blush::drunk: I frequent that blog along with justgrowalready but I'm leaning towards your's these days. I'm so slow with names. I use the app so I didn't see your siggy. Now I will try to use the actual website more.