To Stimulate Hair Growth Mix Olive Oil and Cayenne Pepper!

Tru_Mind

My friend's little sister cut her hair close to her head and now it's down to her butt.

She mixed olive oil and cayenne pepper in a bottle with a nozzle (like the WGO bottle) left it in her hair for one day and shampooed it out (she did this until her hair started grow like she wanted it to).

ClassicChic

Just thinking about it makes me want to go and get a glass of water. /images/graemlins/lachen70.gif I read somewhere that cayenne pepper (and also ginger) was good for stimulating hair growth.

GoingBack

[ QUOTE ]
tru_mind said:
My friend's little sister cut her hair close to her head and now it's down to her butt.

She mixed olive oil and cayenne pepper in a bottle with a nozzle (like the WGO bottle) left it in her hair for one day and shampooed it out (she did this until her hair started grow like she wanted it to).

[/ QUOTE ]

How often did she do this? That is, how many times per week/month?

EbonyEyes

[ QUOTE ]
kitty18 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! Plus what's the ratio of cayenne pepper to olive oil?

-Ebony

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
[ QUOTE ]
EbonyEyes said:
[ QUOTE ]
kitty18 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto! Plus what's the ratio of cayenne pepper to olive oil?

-Ebony

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif DITTO to both questions along with these:

is cayenne pepper in grocery stores?
are you going to try this mixture?

...tru_mind, WHERE ARE YOU??? /images/graemlins/look.gif

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
tru_mind said:

[/ QUOTE ]

...and how long did it take for her to grow her hair from "close to her head" to "down to her butt"??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
Yeah, if you post something like that you better bring on the facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif i agree...i think we should establish a pager system for this forum! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

brittanynic16

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
brittanynic16 said:
Yeah, if you post something like that you better bring on the facts.

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif i agree...i think we should establish a pager system for this forum! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/think.gif I was just thinking the same thing. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

recherche

Gimmie, Gimmie, MORE!
That's soo funny. B/c my dad has this "Back to Eden" book and he told me he read about cayenne pepper to stimulate hair growth. He just said this early this week to me. haha

Poohbear

I hope tru_mind hasn't logout yet. /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif If she has, I hope she refers back soon to the thread she started about an hour ago. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Poohbear

I just did a search on just the word "cayenne" for posts older than 1 day and there are several threads that mention cayenne pepper, herbs, recipes, etc. Check it out! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Poohbear

[ QUOTE ]
ricamorena03 said:
I do this sometimes. I mix a tablespoon of cayenne pepper with a cup of olive oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

RicaMorena...have you noticed any significant amount of growth after you started using it??? How often do you use the mixture???

chicamorena

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
ricamorena03 said:
I do this sometimes. I mix a tablespoon of cayenne pepper with a cup of olive oil.

[/ QUOTE ]

RicaMorena...have you noticed any significant amount of growth after you started using it??? How often do you use the mixture???

[/ QUOTE ]

Poohbear I haven't been consistent in using it. I've only used it a few times. I really just used it as a preshampoo treatment to open up my scalp pores. I can tell you that it does really tingle and heat your scalp though.

chicamorena

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
[ QUOTE ]
ricamorena03 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Poohbear I haven't been consistent in using it. I've only used it a few times. I really just used it as a preshampoo treatment to open up my scalp pores. I can tell you that it does really tingle and stimulate your scalp though.

Isis

I ate cayenne pepper and olive oil in my salad today... /images/graemlins/lick.gif Since cayenne stimulates circulation, it sounds like a great stimulant for the scalp. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
It's also what pepper spray is made out of so if I can do this without sneezing, that would be great! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Nenah

Ohhh I would be so scared to use this with the Cayenne Pepper. Just thinking of getting this in my eyes have me crying. Be careful.

Isis

Yes, if we carefully apply regular cayenne pepper mixed with oil and rinse carefully, it should be ok.

That reminds me, I wonder what strength of cayenne pepper that person used or if it was the regular, store bought kind. At some health stores, you can buy hot and extra hot cayenne pepper.

Jaelin

And this:

Cayenne Pepper Hair Tonic - the ability of this herb to irritate the skin, increase blood flow and stimulate cell division is well known.

Recipe: mix four ounces of cayenne pepper with one pint of one hundred proof vodka or pure alcohol diluted with 20 percent distilled water. Let it stand for two weeks, shaking the mixture once each day. Strain through several layers of fine cloth until the mixture is free of pepper. Once or twice a day, rub a small amount onto the thinning areas of the scalp.

BobbieDoll

[ QUOTE ]
TigerLily said:
WHOA, STRAIGHT????? As soon as those questions are answered, I WILL be doing this!

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nenah

[ QUOTE ]
Jaelin said:
And this:

Cayenne Pepper Hair Tonic - the ability of this herb to irritate the skin, increase blood flow and stimulate cell division is well known.

Recipe: mix four ounces of cayenne pepper with one pint of one hundred proof vodka or pure alcohol diluted with 20 percent distilled water. Let it stand for two weeks, shaking the mixture once each day. Strain through several layers of fine cloth until the mixture is free of pepper. Once or twice a day, rub a small amount onto the thinning areas of the scalp.

[/ QUOTE ] Hmmmmmm this sounds interesting

Tru_Mind

[ QUOTE ]
kitty18 said:
[ QUOTE ]
tru_mind said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everytime she washed her hair which was 2 to 3 times per week.

Tru_Mind

Yes, store bought cayenne pepper, and she mixed at least two table spoons into a bottle about the size of the WGO bottle. Oh, and it took less than almost two years for her hair to grow to her butt.

I think I answered all of your questions.

SherryLove

sounds very interesting... but i would most likely try it with cayenne oil or extract... /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif