Long Box Braids aka Booty Braids.. Would you rock them?

BklynHeart

I wanted to do some but my isssue is when you have to take them out. I had some long braids a few years ago and it took me a whole weekend to remove them.:nono:

Whimsy

I would rock my own hair boxed braided or twisted (probably at all times) if i were past booty length when braided!

I'm mad I opened this and saw these LOOONNGGG arse strands after chopping my own :(

Arian

Loc'ing Up!
I like them...but I would want them as senagalese twists....I want some, but have to find someone who will do them on natural hair w/o damaging my hair in the process...I liked the ones Tasha Smith rocked in Jumping the Broom--was just beautiful!!

keelioness

Nope..used to rock em back in the early 90' s we called them Dookie braids back then.. lol.. They were cool then..used like 3 packs of kankelon hair. Its a very heavy hair do

greenandchic

I love how they look but:

1. It would give me a headache
2. Hard to work out in them
3. Would take forever to get them in
4. Would take forever to get them OUT
5. $$$$
6. Fear of the weight/tension

cartelise

I just took some out a few days ago. I want some more but I can't deal with the pain and the heaviness of the braids.

Last edited:

cartelise

I love how they look but:

2. Hard to work out in them
3. Would take forever to get them in
5. $$$$
6. Fear of the weight/tension

These. I went to the Africans so I ended up paying over $250 and they were extremely heavy and took FOREVER to dry when wet. I couldn't put them up (thickness) so I haven't been to the gym in a month.  Yikes!

Natty_Virgo

These braids are beautiful, I have been really wanting some lately but I am transitioning so I am scared it will break off my hair.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
Yes, but it's way too long of a process, and too expensive to get done. Just the fact of the time and money I would spend will compel me to wear them for 4 to 6 mos and I don't like to have braids in my hair that long.

Judwill07

I plan on wearing my hair like Solange, in a bun. But after seeing that video in OT about that lady getting a possible MRSA infection from getting her hair braided I'm a little nervous on where to get them done now.

What is a MRSA infection?