I am convinced Haitian women have a hair secret....

blkmaryland

Okay....I cut and pasted the information into a translation website and it came out with an ok translation....enough to sorta give us an idea of what the products are and do.

Here it is:

The Vegemoelle, origin substance vegetable, possess a very near composition of the animal moelle. The proposed treatments in this range contain 2% of oily extract of Végémoelle and allow treating efficiently the hair more very drier, more split, more done root canal work on, breaking.

The ointment KERALONG to the Végémoelle, powder of quinquina and Vitamin HAS, rich in phospholipides, draft the dull, done root canal work on hair, subjected to the various aggressions. The powder of quinquina possesses property antiseptiques that help the purification of hairy leather. The conjugated action of these three elements (Végémoelle, quinquina and Vitamin HAS) contributes to return to the hair his natural structure, be forces, shininess, flexibility. Usage: To Deposit a small quantity of ointment in the palm of the hand and rub end of the fingers. Mass delicately hairy leather, then to divide up on the body of the hair. NOT TO RINSE. 90 ml.

Tai

Keralong has their own website in English that tells you about their products. www.keralong.com

_lovelyness

hotshot said:
hmm. no only if i could properly read french!
I can translate it for y'all if you want :) I live in france.

My hairdresser told me about a haitian product that is supposed to promote hair growth like crazy. it's called minoval. Unfortunatly I couldn't put my hands on it. The lady at the haitian store told me it was out of stock, and that alot of people have been asking for it.

EDIT : oops, i didn't see someone had already translated it :look:

Last edited:

carletta

Ellis said:
Ladies I think I discovered the secret. I saw one of my cousins yesterday and her hair grew like crazy, she had a Halle Berry cut and now it is like an ear length bob in less then 6 months i believe. I asked her what she was using and she was like this thing called Keralong Gamme and another product called cheveux pousse. I am not accurate with the names but I have a site she gave me to see the products. She said alot of Haitians are sweating these products and you would never know cause they don't share their secrets. I told her that was so true. Well here is the site but the only problem is that it is in french but some of the descriptions are in english. I see alot of interesting products for hair growth here so I will be giving some a try. So I think I discovered the secret and I am sharing so I hope you all enjoy the site. Here it is

http://www.extrait-good.com/product_info.php/products_id/38

:) sounds good ! but.........have you found out anymore about that vitamin ...... you know I gotta irritate u about this :poke: !!!

carletta

_lovelyness said:
I can translate it for y'all if you want :) I live in france.

My hairdresser told me about a haitian product that is supposed to promote hair growth like crazy. it's called minoval. Unfortunatly I couldn't put my hands on it. The lady at the haitian store told me it was out of stock, and that alot of people have been asking for it.

EDIT : oops, i didn't see someone had already translated it :look:

OK,OK ! Ya'll know the PRODUCT J.U.N.K.I.E in me HAD to look this up ! I might try to get me some of this from NATUREmd.net for 8.50 cheap!!!!!! :yay: :user:

Kinkyhairlady

The minoval is a great product but it has minoxidil in it . According to studies Minoxidil is to be used forever or else the hair you grew will fall out. Now I have used minoval in the nape of my hair and it grew back with a quickness but I never put it all over and I have stopped for a couple of weeks and nothing has happened. So I am not sure if this is only for people who are balding that need to depend on it for the hair to countinue growing or for all individuals. It has 2% minoxidil and it also says you have to continue using it on the bottle to keep the hair growing. It only took me two weeks to start seeing hair growth in the nape and I had lost my hair back there and for months it stayed like that. With the winter weather and my wool coat it is starting to break again so I am starting to use the minoval more again and I already see improvement.

carletta

Ellis said:
The minoval is a great product but it has minoxidil in it . According to studies Minoxidil is to be used forever or else the hair you grew will fall out. Now I have used minoval in the nape of my hair and it grew back with a quickness but I never put it all over and I have stopped for a couple of weeks and nothing has happened. So I am not sure if this is only for people who are balding that need to depend on it for the hair to countinue growing or for all individuals. It has 2% minoxidil and it also says you have to continue using it on the bottle to keep the hair growing. It only took me two weeks to start seeing hair growth in the nape and I had lost my hair back there and for months it stayed like that. With the winter weather and my wool coat it is starting to break again so I am starting to use the minoval more again and I already see improvement.

ellis,( you read my mind !!! ) did I understand this correctly ..... if you already have growing hair it should just grow it out longer and not fall out? ( this is for those who are not balding, correct? :confused:

Kinkyhairlady

carletta said:
ellis,( you read my mind !!! ) did I understand this correctly ..... if you already have growing hair it should just grow it out longer and not fall out? ( this is for those who are not balding, correct? :confused:

Bald people use it to but I think they are the ones who must depend on it to keep the hair they grew. But if you are not balding I don't think you would loose the hair. I used this on my sides also and I stopped when that grew in and they are still there. I have heard of people using it all over but I have yet to do so. Also it is a liquid so if you are relaxed you may not like that too much cause you must use it twice a day everyday to get the best results. If you are not consistent with this product you will not see the results quickly.

carletta

_lovelyness said:
Are you going to but it online ? Cuz if that is the case, I wouldn't mind the link to the website. :D

yeah, i'm going to order mine from www.naturemd.net - this will be the first time ordering anything from them, so we'll see how it goes! by the way, Ellis where do you get your minoval from ?

Kinkyhairlady

carletta said:
yeah, i'm going to order mine from www.naturemd.net - this will be the first time ordering anything from them, so we'll see how it goes! by the way, Ellis where do you get your minoval from ?

My moms friend bought some from Haiti. I get it from her for $10 bucks.

ethiokee

Wow. This is a really great thread. I told myself I was going to sleep no later than 11pm. I am still up because of this thread. Does anyone know of any Haitian markets and/or Dominican supply stores in the Atlanta area? Does the bone marrow and black castor oil serve the same purpose? Is one better than the other? I was in Haiti for a week back in 2001 and in Dominican Republic for 3 months back in 2000-2001. I had just gone natural then and didn't know what I was doing. If only I can turn back time, I would have stocked up. Those are the two countries that obviously have some answers to hair growth. Although when I was completely natural, my hair was pretty healthy and that I attribute to healthy diet (lots of raw vegetables), lots of water, vitamins and exercise. Now I am in transition. My new growth is pretty healthy, I'm just trying to get my natural legnth back that I lost when I permed my hair this past summer. I currently have twists extinsions that will come out in February.

Last edited:

iCandey

I ordered the mOELLE De Bouef and the minoval...I will let you all know the progress..... I caved in since I am part of the brastrap by 06..:)

Belle Du Jour

I'm really interested in the Minoval, Masketi and Keralong. Can someone post ingredients when the products arrive? Thanks :)

hotshot

i am now interested in minoval too. perhaps a future replacement for surge and the indian vitamin H tonic i started using again.

chanou

hotshot said:
i am now interested in minoval too. perhaps a future replacement for surge and the indian vitamin H tonic i started using again.

I used minoval from the time I was 13 to 18- I always had about an inch of new growth a month but I was never able to retained length because of course I would get a retouch every 4-5 weeks. It's kind of tingly.. and it's in all the beauty supply stores in Miami.

I 'm ashamed to say that I've been using the Keralong "L'huile de Karite" don't know what it means... (wasn't trying to keep it a secret), an aunt sent me small bottle. I added it to my castor and wildgrowth oil concoction. I haven't been paying much attention to my hair because I'm transitionning and always in braids.

_lovelyness

chanou said:
I 'm ashamed to say that I've been using the Keralong "L'huile de Karite" don't know what it means... (wasn't trying to keep it a secret), an aunt sent me small bottle. I added it to my castor and wildgrowth oil concoction. I haven't been paying much attention to my hair because I'm transitionning and always in braids.

"Beurre de karité" means shea butter in french.
"Huile" means oil.
So that keralong product you have, is shea oil :)

DMarie

Hi Ellis

Thanks for all of the information. BUT I tried to order from extrait-good.com and couldn't get my order processed cause the site never allowed me to get pass the shipping info section. It stated that my address info indicated a invalid zone for shipping method selected and that the only shipping method was colissimo.

Do you know where the items would be shipped from?? I don't think they ship to the United States. I live in CA. Where does your cousin live that allows her to order from this site?

Oh well !! My only other option to order Keralong products seems to be through Guesso.com. They are out of the hair tonic and their prices are twice as much!! They want 8.49 for the hairdress which cost only 4.80 @extrait-good.

Does anyone else know where I could get the Keralong products from via the internet????????

dmarie

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
iCandey said:
I ordered the mOELLE De Bouef and the minoval...I will let you all know the progress..... I caved in since I am part of the brastrap by 06..:)

Where did you order your minoval from?

beawo

Yeah this is a really good thread. Are there any other sites to order these products because all the sites mentioned don't ship to Australia.

cutebajangirl

Wildchild- I've seen Minovil in the bss in NYC, two days ago I saw it in the BSS on Fordham road close to Webster Ave in the Bronx. HTH.

hotshot

cutebajangirl said:
Wildchild- I've seen Minovil in the bss in NYC, two days ago I saw it in the BSS on Fordham road close to Webster Ave in the Bronx. HTH.

oh REALLY? hmm, i live in the bronx now. ive really been good and havent bought something since sept. . .

Kinkyhairlady

DMarie said:
Hi Ellis

Thanks for all of the information. BUT I tried to order from extrait-good.com and couldn't get my order processed cause the site never allowed me to get pass the shipping info section. It stated that my address info indicated a invalid zone for shipping method selected and that the only shipping method was colissimo.

Do you know where the items would be shipped from?? I don't think they ship to the United States. I live in CA. Where does your cousin live that allows her to order from this site?

Oh well !! My only other option to order Keralong products seems to be through Guesso.com. They are out of the hair tonic and their prices are twice as much!! They want 8.49 for the hairdress which cost only 4.80 @extrait-good.

Does anyone else know where I could get the Keralong products from via the internet????????

dmarie

My cousin lives in Boston and she orders from there. I will ask her how it went through. I need to make an order myself but I have not had the time. I noticed you can email them on the contact us list. I did not see a number. I don't think they are in the U.S though. Also you can try www.Keralong.com to get the products to but I think it is more expensive.

DMarie

Ellis

I have tried using the link to shop online that is on the keralong website but it doesn't work. Also, I did see the contact us link and I did send them a email earlier today before I made my post. Hopefully they will get back to me.

I hope you have more success than I seem to be having.

dmarie