A List of Answered Prayers

PinkPebbles

Hi Ladies - This list of answered prayers encourages me and I felt led to share!

Hope this list encourages someone :).

A List of Answered Prayers

The power of prayer is not the result of the person praying. Rather, the power resides in the God who is being prayed to. 1 John 5:14-15 tells us, "This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him."

God answers prayers that are in agreement with His will. His answers are not always yes, but are always in our best interest. When our desires line up with His will, we will come to understand that in time. When we pray passionately and purposefully, according to God's will, God responds powerfully!

Abraham: God agreed to spare Sodom and Gomorrah if He could find 10 righteous people in those cities (Genesis 18:22-32). Unfortunately, this was not the case and these cities were destroyed. However, God still answered Abraham's prayer by sending His angels to remove righteous Lot and his family before the judgment fell. So, even though the evil cities were destroyed, the righteous in those cities were spared.

Moses: God miraculously answered many of Moses' prayers including the parting the Red Sea (Exodus 14:13-22) and giving the Israelites good water in the wilderness (Exodus 15:25). Perhaps the most miraculous answer that God gave to Moses was when Moses prayed that God would spare Israel after the incident with the golden calf (Exodus 32:7-14)

Moses cried out to the Lord, and asked God to heal Miriam after she was struck with leprosy. (Numbers 12:13-14). God healed Miriam after seven days.

Elijah: God miraculously answered Elijah's prayer on Mt. Carmel when he poured fire from heaven in the showdown between God and the false god Baal (1 Kings 18:20-40).

Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced its crops." God most definitely listens to prayers, answers prayers, and moves in response to prayers.

Elijah raised the widow's son from the dead (1 Kings 17:20-22). Elijah called to the Lord and said, "O Lord my God, hast Thou also brought calamity to the widow with whom I am staying, by causing her son to die?" Then he stretched himself upon the child three times, and called to the Lord, and said, "O Lord my God, I pray Thee, let this child's life return to him." And the Lord heard the voice of Elijah, and the life of the child returned to him and he revived.

Hannah: Greatly distressed, prayed to the Lord and wept bitterly for a child. And she made a vow and said, "O Lord of hosts, if Thou wilt indeed look on the affliction of Thy maidservant and remember me, and not forget Thy maidservant, but wilt give Thy maidservant a son, then I will give him to the Lord all the days of his life, and a razor shall never come on his head."

Eli, the priest, observed her and saw such anguished behavior that he thought she was drunk and he rebuked her for it. When she explained that she was indeed not drunk but was pouring out her heart to the Lord, he said; "Go in peace, and the God of Israel grant your petition which you have asked of Him." (I Samuel 1:17) Hannah left the temple "and her face was no longer sad" (verse 18) because she had given her all in prayer and had made a vow that would cost her the very thing she sought.

The Bible says that God then remembered Hannah; she did conceive and had a male child whom she named Samuel. Hannah also remembered the vow she made to the Lord and when Samuel was weaned she took him up to the temple and entrusted him into the hands of Eli, the priest who had overheard her prayer.

Cont'd

Last edited:

PinkPebbles

Abraham’s servant: a bride for Isaac (Genesis 24:1-26). “The Lord will send His angel before you so that you can get a wife for my son. The servant prayed, “Lord, God of my master Abraham, make me successful today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water.May it be that when I say to a young woman, ‘Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I’ll water your camels too’—let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.”

“Before he had finished praying, Rebekah came out with her jar on her shoulder. The woman was very beautiful, a virgin; no man had ever slept with her. She went down to the spring, filled her jar and came up again.The servant hurried to meet her and said, please give me a little water from your jar. Drink, my lord, she said, and quickly lowered the jar to her hands and gave him a drink. After she had given him a drink, she said, I’ll draw water for your camels too, until they have had enough to drink.”

“Then the man (servant) bowed down and worshiped the Lord,saying, “Praise be to the Lord, the God of my master Abraham, who has not abandoned his kindness and faithfulness to my master. As for me, the Lord has led me on the journey to the house of my master’s relatives.”

Isaac - for children (Genesis 25:21) And Isaac prayed to the Lord on behalf of his wife, because she was barren; and the Lord answered him and Rebekah his wife conceived.

Jabez - for prosperity (1 Chronicles 4:10) Now Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, "Oh that Thou wouldst bless me indeed, and enlarge my border, and that Thy hand might be with me, and that Thou wouldst keep me from harm, that it may not pain me!" And God granted him what he requested.

Leper - for healing (Matthew 8:2) When Jesus came down from the mountainside, large crowds followed him. A man with leprosy came and knelt before him and said, “Lord, if you are willing, you can make me clean.” Jesus reached out his hand and touched the man. “I am willing,” he said. “Be clean!” Immediately he was cleansed of his leprosy.

Centurion – for healing (Matthew 8:5-13)When Jesus had entered Capernaum, a centurion came to him, asking for help. “Lord,” he said, “my servant lies at home paralyzed, suffering terribly.” Jesus said to him, “Shall I come and heal him?”The centurion replied, “Lord, I do not deserve to have you come under my roof. But just say the word, and my servant will be healed.

When Jesus heard this, he was amazed and said to those following him, “Truly I tell you, I have not found anyone in Israel with such great faith. “Go! Let it be done just as you believed it would.” And his servant was healed at that moment.

Manasseh - for deliverance (2 Chronicles 33:12-13) And when he was in distress, he entreated the Lord his God and humbled himself greatly before the God of his fathers. When he prayed to Him, He was moved by his entreaty and heard his supplication, and brought him again to Jerusalem to his kingdom. Then Manasseh knew that the Lord was God.

Manoah - for guidance (Judges 13:8 -13) Then Manoah entreated the Lord and said, "O Lord, please let the man of God whom Thou hast sent come to us again that he may teach us what to do for the boy who is to be born." God heard Manoah and sent an angel of the Lord to give instructions.

Paul - for healing of Publius' father (Acts 28:8) And it came about that the father of Publius was lying in bed afflicted with recurrent fever and dysentery; and Paul went in to see him and after he had prayed, he laid his hands on him and healed him.

Peter - for raising Dorcas (Tabitha) from the dead (Acts 9:40) But Peter sent them all out and knelt down and prayed, and turning to the body said, "Tabitha, arise." And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter, she sat up.

Samson - for strength (Judges 16:28) Then Samson called to the Lord and said, "O Lord God, please remember me and please strengthen me just this time, O God, that I may at once be avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes."

Cont'd

Last edited:

PinkPebbles

Solomon – for Wisdom (1 Kings 3:5-6)After David died Solomon became King over Israel and while he was at a place called Gibeon the Lord appeared to him in a dream during the night. "God said; 'Ask! What shall I give you?” Solomon said "Therefore give to Your servant an understanding heart to judge Your people, that I may discern between good and evil. For who is able to judge this great people of Yours?"

The Lord was so pleased with Solomon's request that he said; "See, I have given you a wise and understanding heart, so that there has not been anyone like you before you, nor shall any like you arise after you." Solomon became the wisest man that ever lived. But that isn't all. God told him that because he had asked for wisdom instead of long life, riches or the life of his enemies; "I have also given you what you have not asked: both riches and honor, so that there shall not be anyone like you among the kings all your days."

Daniel: Daniel's whole career was spent in prayer to God his prayers were miraculously answered. Daniel prayed to be shown the king's undisclosed dream and God answered him (Daniel 2:17– 18). Daniel was thrown to the lions because he continually prayed to God and God spared him (Daniel 6:4-24). Daniel prayed for Israel and for forgiveness of their sins when the 70 years of captivity were nearing an end. God answered Daniel's prayer by sending Gabriel to tell him exactly when the Messiah would come (Daniel 9).

The Church prayed for Peter: The early church in Jerusalem prayed for Peter after his arrest by Herod and God miraculously answered their prayer by sending an angel to free Peter from prison (Acts 12:5-10).

David: God answered David's prayer and forgave him for his sin after his adultery with Bathsheba (Psalm 51).

Jehoshaphat was King of Judah when he received word that his land was being invaded. In 2 Chronicles 20:1-24, we read how the king prayed fervently to the Lord: "O LORD, God of our fathers, are you not the God who is in heaven? You rule over all the kingdoms of the nations. Power and might are in your hand, and no one can withstand you. O our God, did you not drive out the inhabitants of this land before your people Israel and give it forever to the descendants of Abraham your friend?" (verses 6-8). Jehoshaphat acknowledged God's power and His help in previous circumstance, he was aware of his inability and lack of knowledge, and he proclaimed his trust in God!

God answered his cry for help in a miraculous way! 2 Chronicles 20:15 reports God's message: "…Do not be afraid or discouraged because of this vast army. For the battle is not yours, but God's." Early in the morning, Jehoshaphat gathered his army and urged them to have faith in God. When they arrived at the battlefield, they found that the Lord had already won the victory (2 Chronicles 20:20-30)!

Shadrach, Mesach, and Abednego were three men who refused to bow before anyone or anything but God! When they refused King Nebuchadnezzer's order to bow down, they told the king, "If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God we serve is able to save us from it, and he will rescue us from your hand, O king. But even if he does not, we want you to know, O king, that we will not serve your gods or worship the image of gold you have set up" (Daniel 3:17-18). Because of their disobedience, the king threw them into a blazing furnace.

The king immediately saw that they were not harmed. Daniel 3:26-27 says, "So Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego came out of the fire, and the satraps, prefects, governors and royal advisers crowded around them. They saw that the fire had not harmed their bodies, nor was a hair of their heads singed; their robes were not scorched, and there was no smell of fire on them."

Cont'd

Last edited:

PinkPebbles

Joshua - in the form of a command for the sun and moon to stand still (Joshua 10:12). “There has never been a day like it before or since, a day when the Lord listened to a human being. Surely the Lord was fighting for Israel!” (Joshua 10:14).

Asa - for victory(2 Chronicles 14:11) Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, “Lord, there is no one like you to help the powerless against the mighty. Help us, Lord our God, for we rely on you, and in your name we have come against this vast army. Lord, you are our God; do not let mere mortals prevail against you.”

“The Lord struck down the Cushtes before Asa and Judah. The Cushtes fled, and Asa and his army pursued them as far as Gerar. Such a great number of Cushtes fell that they could not recover; they were crushed before the Lord and his forces.”

Cornelius - for enlightenment (Acts 10:1-4) At Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a centurion in what was known as the Italian Regiment. He and all his family were devout and God-fearing; he gave generously to those in need and prayed to God regularly

About the ninth hour of the day he clearly saw in a vision an angel of God who had just come in to him, and said to him, "Cornelius!" And fixing his gaze upon him and being much alarmed, he said, "What is it, Lord?" And he said to him, "Your prayers and alms have ascended as a memorial before God."

Zacharias - for a son(Luke 1:13) But the angel said to him, "Do not be afraid, Zacharias, for your petition has been heard, and your wife Elizabeth will bear you a son, and you will give him the name John."

Tax Collector – for mercy(Luke 18:9-14)To some who were confident of their own righteousness and looked down on everyone else, Jesus told this parable: “Two men went up to the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed: ‘God, I thank you that I am not like other people—robbers, evildoers, adulterers—or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week and give a tenth of all I get.’

“But the tax collector stood at a distance. He would not even look up to heaven, but beat his breast and said, ‘God, have mercy on me, a sinner.’

“I tell you that this man, rather than the other, went home justified before God. For all those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted.”

Thief at the cross - for salvation(Luke 23:42-43) And he was saying, "Jesus, remember me when You come in Your kingdom!" Jesus answered him, “Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise.”

The woman with the issue of blood – for healing(Luke 8:43-47) Jesus was on his way to heal a dying 12 year old girl. A woman was in the crowd who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her.She came up behind Jesus and touched the edge of his garment, and immediately her bleeding stopped.

“Who touched me?” Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, “Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you.”
But Jesus said, “Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me.”

Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, “Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace.”

Hezekiah – for healing(2 Kings 20:1-6)Hezekiah became ill and was at the point of death. The prophet Isaiah went to him and said, This is what the Lord says: Put your house in order, because you are going to die; you will not recover.”

Hezekiah turned his face to the wall and prayed to the Lord, “Remember, Lord, how I have walked before you faithfully and with wholehearted devotion and have done what is good in your eyes.” And Hezekiah wept bitterly.

Before Isaiah had left the middle court, the word of the Lord came to him: “Go back and tell Hezekiah, the ruler of my people, ‘This is what the Lord, the God of your father David, says: I have heard your prayer and seen your tears; I will heal you. On the third day from now you will go up to the temple of the Lord. I will add fifteen years to your life.

Christians today worldwide: God has miraculously answered a prayer from every Christian in the world today when he forgave their sins, made them new creatures in Christ, and gave them His salvation.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Pink Pebbles, this list is amazing. Thank you so, so much for it is truly encouraging and on time. God is real and He always answers when we call.

Lola28

This is such a blessed post for me. I was researching how to pray effectively this past week. So this reinforces what I'm learning and let's me know I'm on the right path.

PinkPebbles

Pink Pebbles, this list is amazing. Thank you so, so much for it is truly encouraging and on time. God is real and He always answers when we call.

Shimmie

Amen, God is real! He is the same yesterday, today, and forever.

The beauty of God is that He is Omniscient (All Knowing), Omnipotent (All Powerful), and Omnipresent (Everywhere). He is just a prayer, a word, and a whisper away from responding and speaking to us :Rose:

PinkPebbles

This is such a blessed post for me. I was researching how to pray effectively this past week. So this reinforces what I'm learning and let's me know I'm on the right path.

@Lola28 I'm glad you were blessed. The list blessed me as well.

God is good...Happy Sunday:)!

Last edited:

PinkPebbles

@Shimmie @PinkPebbles

Is there are certain order to pray. My best friend and I was discussing this and she stated that it was.

God wants our prayers to be sincere.

James 4:3 You ask and receive not because you ask amiss, that you may consume it upon your lusts.

Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.

1 John 5:14-15 And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask any thing according to his Will, he hears us.

Shimmie

Staff member
Shimmie PinkPebbles

Is there are certain order to pray. My best friend and I was discussing this and she stated that it was.

proudofmynaps,

PinkPebbles is on point. Just pray what's in your heart. No fancy words, phrases, or high notes, All God wants to hear is your precious heart, reaching up and out to Him.

God loves it when His children hide in His arms for His safety and love. :love3:

Psalm 91: He that dwells in the secret place of the Most High... shall abide under the shadow of the All Mighty.

Shimmie

Staff member
God wants our prayers to be sincere.

James 4:3 You ask and receive not because you ask amiss, that you may consume it upon your lusts.

Psalm 66:18 If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me.

1 John 5:14-15 And this is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask any thing according to his Will, he hears us.

PinkPebbles... "Amen" :love2: