Spinoff: Does Voodoo/Black Magic have REAL Power?

Is it real?

• Yes voodoo is real!

Votes: 94 65.3%
  • No it's not!

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • I don't know!

Votes: 22 15.3%
  • Maybe it is maybe it isn't.

Votes: 22 15.3%

• Total voters

pebbles

Shimmie said:
I got first dibbs on stomping him first. :lol: I'll race ya'...:look: :look: :look: Cause I've just about had enough of his mess!!!

Pebs, what's that scripture that says, "...is this the one...the one who was causing all the trouble? Pebs, he turned out to be a pip-squeak. :lol:

You're on! I've got a few scores to settle with that buster! LOL!! :lol:

And won't that just be a mess if after Jesus strips him of all his power, he really does turn out to be some little pip-squeak?? I'll be really ticked off!!You'll have to hold me back from kicking him again!! :lachen:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
pebbles said:
You're on! I've got a few scores to settle with that buster! LOL!! :lol:

And won't that just be a mess if after Jesus strips him of all his power, he really does turn out to be some little pip-squeak?? I'll be really ticked off!!You'll have to hold me back from kicking him again!! :lachen:
Just in case he has some height, I may be short but I can leap and this fool better run. As a matter of fact Jesus said to him, 'get thee behind me, satan.' (in other words, I've had enough of you).

And the Bible does say the devil must flee.

Well to God and only God be the GLORY! Praise Jesus forever and ever... Amen!

rozlips

I'm not a nonbeliever, at least not in God and Jesus Christ. I AM most emphatically a nonbeliever in organized religion. I would be the last one to dismiss the power of ANYTHING. Goodness knows, I've seen stuff that leaves me baffled. I just believe in doing what works. If putting salt around your house, burning sage and having your house blessed helps you feel better, then by all means do so. But I also believe that a lot of these issues are psychomatic. Others fall in that 'unknown' or 'not proven' category. But I'd certainly never say there's no such thing as evil or evil practitioners in the world.

pebbles said:
Unfortunately, for a nonbeliever, most of this is going to seem like it's "in the mind." Give them some meds and they'll be fine. I can't deny that for some people, that really is the case.

pebbles

rozlips said:
I'm not a nonbeliever, at least not in God and Jesus Christ. I AM most emphatically a nonbeliever in organized religion. I would be the last one to dismiss the power of ANYTHING. Goodness knows, I've seen stuff that leaves me baffled. I just believe in doing what works. If putting salt around your house, burning sage and having your house blessed helps you feel better, then by all means do so. But I also believe that a lot of these issues are psychomatic. Others fall in that 'unknown' or 'not proven' category. But I'd certainly never say there's no such thing as evil or evil practitioners in the world.

Ah! I stand corrected!! :)

ChasingBliss

RavenIvygurl said:
This is what my momma says. She tells me crazy voodoo stories from Ghana. Then she tells me not to pay attention to what she's saying b/c she doesn't even want my mind going there. :look:

:lol: This is my grandmother. I swear after she gets finished with one of her stories, I'm literally up all night, lights on, TV on, I swear I'm a big ole punk.

Shimmie

Staff member
HoneyLemonDrop said:
:lol: This is my grandmother. I swear after she gets finished with one of her stories, I'm literally up all night, lights on, TV on, I swear I'm a big ole punk.
The devil is nothing to fear. He cannot cross the Bloodline which protects those of us who are in Christ Jesus. However, he is no one to be in alliance with, pitied or taken casually. he's the devil and cannot be trusted...

However God will never fail us with His love and our trust in Him.

Always remember this, Jesus is not subject to satan, satan is subject to Jesus. Hence....Fear not...fear not, fear not. These are soft and loving words that you can sleep on...lights out...TV off...Jesus on. ;)

{{{ Hugs }}} ;)

Miss*Tress

First mistake: a non-Christian posting in the Christian Fellowship forum. My bad.

BTW, I'm not a practitioner or believer of voodoo either and never said I was, therefore our beliefs cannot part ways. :)
pebbles said:
Respectfully, this is where our beliefs part ways. I'm well aware of voodoo and it's history and how it's used in Haitian culture, (being Haitian myself, and having personal experience with this stuff), perhaps more so than a lot of people here.

Anything, anything that can be used for "good" as well as evil is not of The Lord. The Lord does not allow His Power to be used to harm people as well as to help people. This suggests that The Lord can be manipulated, and therefore, if He can be manipulated He is not in full control and Sovereign over all. I know that many believe this is possible, but that's false. God is a Just and Holy God. And He does not give His Power over to be used for evil. Again, I urge people NOT to underestimate the power of the enemy, nor the length to which he will go to in an effort to distort and pervert the truth.

Seriously, I do understand that some believe voodoo is good. That's fine. But I know better, and I'm compelled to speak the truth. I wasn't going to say anything, but the Holy Spirit kept knocking me on the head saying, "you can't let this go unanswered. Speak. Somebody needs to hear it." Again, I don't speak as one who's studied it, or heard stories about it, or read about, or looked up stories about it. I speak from experience, and one who has seen with her own eyes! There is nothing I can be taught about this subject. I know it well.

I say this not to debate with anybody, because I won't debate this issue on the Christianity forum. We're here to give God glory, not offer the enemy a spotlight on God's territory. I just want my sisters to be sober and to be vigilant. Anything that is not Christ centered, and calls on Jesus and the Holy Spirit only is suspect, and you need to stay far away from it. This is the Christianity Forum, and we have to speak the truth, no matter the cost. Remember, GOD is an Honorable, Just, Sovereign, and Holy GOD! HE cannot be used for evil, nor will HE share HIS GLORY with the enemy.

Be Blessed, sisters! :rosebud:

Shimmie

Staff member
Miss*Tress said:
First mistake: a non-Christian posting in the Christian Fellowship forum. My bad.

BTW, I'm not a practitioner or believer of voodoo either and never said I was, therefore our beliefs cannot part ways. :)
You're always welcome to post here.

The issue of disagreement was the statement,
"voodoo can be used to do good", ....It's important to know this in order to understand that voodoo in and of itself is not evil.
which iit simply cannot. Anything rooted in evil is indeed evil and it cannot be used for anything good. God is not confused. He is good and the devil is the evil one.

God doesn't need the devil's assistance for anything. All that satan and his voodoo can do is 'impersonate' so why would one choose a fake...in obtaining good.

It is fully established that 'Evil Cannot Triumph over Good."

So regarding the response to your post, that's where the differnce is...okay? ;) For I also responded to the same.

We're glad to have you, for your post presented a crucial point which needed to be addressed.

"Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving" ;)

Last edited:

pebbles

HoneyLemonDrop said:

LOL! Girl, you ain't scared for no reason!! Some of those stories are scary! :lol:
But as Shimmie said, he can't cross the Bloodline of Christ. :)

pebbles

Miss*Tress said:

It wasn't a mistake for you to post here. I don't want you to feel that way. However you made a comment that I could not ignore:

"ETA: Like many non-monotheistic beliefs, voodoo can be used to do good or it can be used to do bad. When voodoo is used to do evil, the belief is that the evil-doer will and must bear the consequences of their evil acts. It's important to know this in order to understand that voodoo in and of itself is not evil."

I really was going to let that comment go, but The Lord rebuked me for it. I had to speak up and tell the truth about this. I'm not speaking against you, I'm speaking against voodoo, and calling it what it really is, which is a method of evil disguised as something that is generally good, but that some people use for evil.

Nothing in your previous post suggested that you were a practioner of voodoo, so I didn't assume that you were. You said you looked into voodoo, and I assumed that you, yourself, believed that voodoo in and of itself is basically a good thing, after studying about it. Therefore I was saying that if you believe that voodoo is really a tool that is good that some people used for evil, this is where our beliefs part ways. If you hadn't mentioned that you weren't Christian in this post, I never would have known.

I can tell you first hand that in Haiti, over 80% of the population is Christian, yet of that number of Christians, an unbelievably high percentage of them practice voodoo as well. The lines have been greatly blurred, and too many people believe this is fine to do since it's another "avenue" to reach God.

Yet the word of God is so clear: in Matthew 6:24 it says that we cannot serve two masters, no matter what that other master is, be it money, or another belief in another power, etc. It cannot be done. And Acts 4:12 clearly states: "There is salvation in none other, for neither is there any other name under heaven, that is given among men, by which we must be saved!" So any mass or ceremony where you have all these different "entities" being called upon, (and I won't even mention any of their names), is something I want my Christian sisters to be on the alert for. If the name of Jesus is not being called in prayer and on bended knee, run! You are in a place you don't want to be!

I hope I cleared up any confussion. This is a great discussion, and really, I'm glad you brought that point up. :) I think it needed to be addressed, anyway.

Happy Thanksgiving! Be blessed!! :rosebud:

pebbles

Shimmie said:
You're always welcome to post here.

The issue of disagreement was the statement,

which iit simply cannot. Anything rooted in evil is indeed evil and it cannot be used for anything good. God is not confused. He is good and the devil is the evil one.

God doesn't need the devil's assistance for anything. All that satan and his voodoo can do is 'impersonate' so why would one choose a fake...in obtaining good.

It is fully established that 'Evil Cannot Triumph over Good."

So regarding the response to your post, that's where the differnce is...okay? ;) For I also responded to the same.

We're glad to have you, for your post presented a crucial point which needed to be addressed.

"Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving" ;)

Thank-you, Shimmie!! I can always count on you to have my back! :kiss:

DragonPearl

I was born and raised in Haiti. And yes, I heard stories too... :lol:

Coming from a strictly Roman Catholic family that was against voodoo, I never practiced it, so for me, it's all hearsay. Unless I witnessed a ceremony where a hex was put on someone, and then soon after witnessed that someone coming down with a particular unexplained and uncurable illness, it is still not proven to me that a person got ill due to the power of voodoo alone. Now, as for the power of the mind that believes in voodoo being real, I am sure if you tell a Haitian who believes that voodoo is powerful that they've been hexed, they are more likely to come down with an illness. Such is the power of the mind.

The problem that I have with the Voodoo has REAL powers is this:

Considering how many Haitians practice voodoo (the good stuff or the bad stuff however you want to call it) how come most of them are so poor? If voodoo was so powerful, Haiti should be one of the most powerful countries on the face of the earth.

pebbles

Jessy55 said:

Coming from a strictly Roman Catholic family that was against voodoo, I never practiced it, so for me, it's all hearsay. Unless I witnessed a ceremony where a hex was put on someone, and then soon after witnessed that someone coming down with a particular unexplained and uncurable illness, it is still not proven to me that a person got ill due to the power of voodoo alone. Now, as for the power of the mind that believes in voodoo being real, I am sure if you tell a Haitian who believes that voodoo is powerful that they've been hexed, they are more likely to come down with an illness. Such is the power of the mind.

Considering how many Haitians practice voodoo (the good stuff or the bad stuff however you want to call it) how come most of them are so poor? If voodoo was so powerful, Haiti should be one of the most powerful countries on the face of the earth.

More accurately, if voodoo was really giving God the glory, the country and it's people would be blessed and prosperous. The state of the country alone should tell people that they need to repent and turn from their ways, but I guess it's hard to accept the truth, even if it's staring you in the face. :ohwell: But voodoo isn't just something done in Haiti. I don't want people to get that impression. It's really spread everywhere.

DragonPearl

pebbles said:
More accurately, if voodoo was really giving God the glory, the country and it's people would be blessed and prosperous. The state of the country alone should tell people that they need to repent and turn from their ways, but I guess it's hard to accept the truth, even if it's staring you in the face. :ohwell: But voodoo isn't just something done in Haiti. I don't want people to get that impression. It's really spread everywhere.

Yes, voodoo isn'st just something done in Haiti. It is also done in Cuba, in Brazil, and in many other countries... none of which are in the mess we are. I only used Haiti because this is where I grew up and I voodoo stories/tales are part of the fabric of life there.

I am not sure that we can blame the state of the country on voodoo as the main problem. There are so many factors that contribute to making Haiti what it is... I love my country of birth, but there are many negative things in the culture that I have look at and say wtf? For instance, I was trying to sing some nursery rhymes for my girlfriend's new baby boy, and when I began singing the Haitian song "do do ti titit maman", I paid attention to the words and I had to stop. Then I tried singing "ti zuazo kote ou prale" then the same thing happened, so I had to stop again. Haitian nursery rhymes are a bloody mess. :lol:

Last edited:

Shimmie

Staff member
Jessy55 said:

Because of its origin. Good can never come of evil. Evil works are 'dead' works, and if something is dead it cannot produce life or anything that pertains to it.

In the Bible, there are several accounts of famine and destruction which came upon the lands of those who chose other Gods. satan, himself is hindering progress, by invitation.

Haiti is not the only area who uses Voodoo; neither is Haiti the culprit or the ring leader; it's more widespread than we realize. Haiti is also not in its condition only because of Voodoo as there are those in authority, the same as here in the US, where government rule has hindered progress. The perfect example here is "Katrina." Look at the inner cities of the US, the endless neighborhoods and regions which look like a war zone.

I do know this, with or without money those who truly allow God to be their God have every provision fulfilled one miracle after another.

pebbles

LOL! Oh my goodness, aren't those nursery rhymes a mess?? :lachen:

Not for one moment would I say that voodoo is mainly to blame for the state of the country. There are many contributing factors to why the country is in the state that it's in. But to me, the voodoo doesn't help. I would love to see people turn away from voodoo in large numbers and dedicate the country and it's leaders to the Lordship of Jesus Christ. I believe it would make a big difference. :)

pebbles

Shimmie said:
Because of its origin. Good can never come of evil. Evil works are 'dead' works, and if something is dead it cannot produce life or anything that pertains to it.

In the Bible, there are several accounts of famine and destruction which came upon the lands of those who chose other Gods. satan, himself is hindering progress, by invitation.

Haiti is not the only area who uses Voodoo; neither is Haiti the culprit or the ring leader; it's more widespread than we realize. Haiti is also not in its condition only because of Voodoo as there are those in authority, the same as here in the US, where government rule has hindered progress. The perfect example here is "Katrina." Look at the inner cities of the US, the endless neighborhoods and regions which look like a war zone.

I do know this, with or without money those who truly allow God to be their God have every provision fulfilled one miracle after another.

Great points, Shimmie!! :)

Shimmie

Staff member
pebbles said:
Great points, Shimmie!! :)

Thanks Pebs. ;) I hope this thread stays open for a while. Exposing the enemy in this area is much needed.

I've noticed that you ane I have been on the same flow, post per post; and before I've read many of your replies. (And that's only because my Internet connection is slower, due to Dial-up). Yet it proves that God has us, One in the Spirit and same Heart, same Holy Ghost. To God be the Glory. ;)

pebbles

Shimmie said:
Thanks Pebs. ;) I hope this thread stays open for a while. Exposing the enemy in this area is much needed.

I've noticed that you ane I have been on the same flow, post per post; and before I've read many of your replies. (And that's only because my Internet connection is slower, due to Dial-up). Yet it proves that God has us, One in the Spirit and same Heart, same Holy Ghost. To God be the Glory. ;)

Yes, One in the Spirit, same Heart, same Holy Ghost. That's how God works. To God be the Glory!! :yep:

rozlips

Haitian nursery rhymes are a bloody mess.

Nursery rhymes in general are a mess! :D I don't know any Haitian ones, but I've had to 'reconfigure' songs and prayers for my son. "If I should die before I wake..." Who the hell wants to say that to their kid before he goes to sleep?

pebbles

rozlips said:
Nursery rhymes in general are a mess! :D I don't know any Haitian ones, but I've had to 'reconfigure' songs and prayers for my son. "If I should die before I wake..." Who the hell wants to say that to their kid before he goes to sleep?

HA! One of the lines in the nursery rhymes Jessy was talking about says, "if you don't go to sleep, the monster will eat you. If you don't go to sleep the monster will eat you." How would you like to sing that mess to your kid? Not a chance! :lol:

rozlips

Aren't children a miracle of resiliency? Little wonder we didn't all grow up to be serial killers.

Shimmie

Staff member
rozlips said:
Aren't children a miracle of resiliency? Little wonder we didn't all grow up to be serial killers.

Yes we are resilient. What about Rock-a-bye Baby?

Who in their right mind would place their baby in a tree-top? And it doesn't say 'if' the bough breaks...it says 'when' the bough breaks. Ummm, sounds like reckless endangerment. Where was Child Protective Services when these lulabies were written... :lol:

A baby eagle in a tree...yes. But a baby of ours...Oh no, not my baby.

baby42

i just stay pray up and dont even deal with people who deal with the dark side to mess with that is a fast track to hell i knew a lady who told me she could stop my ex from stop drinking :eek: i told her i knew how to stop him from drinking around me too i took my 6kids and left and never look back:lol: there nothing god can not do he got me out of there

Shimmie

Staff member
pebbles said:
HA! One of the lines in the nursery rhymes Jessy was talking about says, "if you don't go to sleep, the monster will eat you. If you don't go to sleep the monster will eat you." How would you like to sing that mess to your kid? Not a chance! :lol:
This is not just in Haiti. When we were little, we never went right to sleep...we played, we fussed, we giggled, we jumped around on the beds -- you know how it was. :lol: And we'd hear a yell from downstairs from our parents, "You better go to sleep or the boogey man will get you." :shocked:

Fast forwarding Shimmie's sleep pattern to now:

Let's just say this...when my head hits the pillow, I'm out. :sleeping:

Last edited:

pebbles

Shimmie said:
Yes we are resilient. What about Rock-a-bye Baby?

Who in their right mind would place their baby in a tree-top? And it doesn't say 'if' the bough breaks...it says 'when' the bough breaks. Ummm, sounds like reckless endangerment. Where was Child Protective Services when these lulabies were written... :lol:

A baby eagle in a tree...yes. But a baby of ours...Oh no, not my baby.

Oh my, how is it that I never paid attention to these nursery rhymes? Bad mommy! LOL! :lol: Seriously though, I never sang them to my boys. The song my mom always liked to sing to them and that I sang to them as well was "Yes, Jesus loves me." Thank God for my mother! She set the standard for me to follow. Otherwise. . . :lol:

pebbles

Shimmie said:
This is not just in Haiti. When we were little, we never went right to sleep...we played, we fussed, we giggled, we jumped around on the beds -- you know how it was. :lol: And we'd hear a yell from downstairs from our parents, "You better go to sleep or the boogey man will get you." :shocked:

Fast forwarding Shimmie's sleep pattern to now:

Let's just say this...when my head hits the pillow, I'm out. :sleeping:

Amen to that! That's me, too! :up:

Shimmie

Staff member
pebbles said:
Oh my, how is it that I never paid attention to these nursery rhymes? Bad mommy! LOL! :lol: Seriously though, I never sang them to my boys. The song my mom always liked to sing to them and that I sang to them as well was "Yes, Jesus loves me." Thank God for my mother! She set the standard for me to follow. Otherwise. . . :lol:

Jesus loves me....this I know. For the Bible tells me so.
Little ones to Him belong, we are weak, but He is strong.

Yes, Jesus loves me, Yes, Jesus loves me,
Yes, Jesus loves me,

For the Bible, tells me so.....

Amen, Pebs. ;) Shimmie sings it too. I just did, especially for you.

If you look at these words of the song, your can see how it is by our parents' profession of faith and love, we've always been covered under His everlasting Covenant of Blood; where satan, dare not cross it.

Day after day and night after night, they 'spoke' it over us in song -- God's annointing and covering over us. They made a perpetual degree and the devil had to flee, because of Jesus. Amen and Amen.

Last edited:

rozlips

Girl, its a trip! And why we got to drown Indians in One Little Two Little Three Little Indians? Its a good beat and does teach kids to count, so...Remix. One Little Two Little Three Little Froggies. I figure if the froggies fall off the log they can swim.

And of the prayer is now, Angels watch me through the night and keep me in their blessed sight.

I doubt this makes much difference, but I certainly feel better.

pebbles said: