Post your favorite wise saying or inspirational quote

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Heard this today...(paraphrasing):

Watch out for folks in your kitchen trying to help you wash your dishes, when they really want to rearrange your cupboards. - Dr. Mark Rutland

PinkPebbles

"Don't run away from God when you have fallen, instead run to God"

"You don't drown by falling in the water, you drown by staying there"

"Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you shall glorify Me" - Psalm 50:15

momi

"Even the best husband makes a poor god"

“86 years have I have served him, and he has done me no wrong. How can I blaspheme my King and my Savior?” Polycarp’s Martyrdom

Christianity has not been tried and found wanting; it has been found difficult and not tried.
Gilbert K. Chesterton

PinkPebbles

“People are often unreasonable, illogical and self centered; Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies; Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you; Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight; Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous; Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow; Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough; Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God; It was never between you and them anyway.” – Mother Teresa

PinkPebbles

“The Christian does not think God will love us because we are good, but that God will make us good because He loves us.” - CS Lewis

“We are the clay, and the Lord is the Potter, stay on the Potter’s wheel.” – K. Murriel

PinkPebbles

“Often when we lose hope and think this is the end, God smiles from above and says, relax, it’s just a bend, not the end.”

Laela

proverbs:

There is a blessing in every situation ...

There is ability in every disability.

PinkPebbles

“It's not about finding ways to avoid God's judgment and feeling like a failure. It's about fully experiencing God's love and letting it perfect you.” - Stormie Omartian

PinkPebbles

"Build your God-given dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs."

"Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it; the time will pass anyway."

PinkPebbles

Don't be a servant to your desires

The Benefit of being a Christian - Psalm 37 :love2:

Trust in the Lord, and do good;
Dwell in the land, and feed on His faithfulness.
Delight yourself also in the Lord,
And He shall give you the desires of your heart.
Commit your way to the Lord,
Trust also in Him,
And He shall bring it to pass.
He shall bring forth your righteousness as the light,
And your justice as the noonday.

PinkPebbles

"What if you woke up today with only the things that you thanked God for yesterday?"

"God's mercies are new every morning." - Lamentations 3:23

PinkPebbles

"When we stop chasing the wrong things, we give the right things a chance to catch us."

"Direct my steps by Your word, And let no iniquity have dominion over me." - Psalm 119:133

PinkPebbles

“Do not despise small beginnings, for the Lord rejoices to see the work begin.”

“From small beginnings come great things.”

PinkPebbles

“May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” - Nelson Mandela

"God did not give us a spirit of fear, but a spirit of power, love, and of a sound mind." - Timothy 1:7

PinkPebbles

“What woman would not appreciate a God who becomes her attorney, assumes her case, requires no fee, and wins her the victory?” TD Jakes

“It is written - Jesus is our Advocate and Intercessor.”

PinkPebbles

“Until God opens the next door, praise Him in the hallway.”

“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.”

PinkPebbles

“If you are all wrapped up in yourself, you are way overdressed.” – Jane Clark

“Let each of you look out not only for his own interests, but also the interests of others.” - Philippians 2:4

PinkPebbles

“Joseph waited 13 years, Abraham waited 25 years, Moses waited 40 years, Jesus waited 30 years. If God is making you wait, you’re in good company.”

“God doesn’t just promote us; He qualifies us for promotion.” – Myles Munroe

PinkPebbles

“There is no passion to be found playing small in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living.” – Nelson Mandela

“For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.” – Jeremiah 29:11

PinkPebbles

“Without God’s love we are lost, We are hopeless, We are ruined. But the day it clearly dawns on us how much He truly loves us, we never see life the same again.” – Stormie Omartian

“Don’t give up on God because He never gave up on you.”

“The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” – 2 Peter 3:9

PinkPebbles

“Family eventually forgives one another because they soon realize that they need each other more than their pride.”

“And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand” – Mark 3:25

“Having somewhere to go is home; having someone to love is family; having both is a blessing.”

Laela

^^^wow.. how timely is this.. This theme of thinking was on my mind all day today... :yep:

PinkPebbles

“Everything comes in either a blessing or a lesson; nothing is wasted.”

“So I will restore to you the years that the swarming locust has eaten, the crawling locust, the consuming locust, and the chewing locust….I am the Lord your God, and there is no other. My people will never be put to shame.” – Joel 2:25, 27

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will direct your paths.” – Proverbs 3:5-6

Laela

“You know my name, not my story. You've heard what I've done, but not what I've been through.”
― Jonathan Anthony Burkett, Neglected But Undefeated

and...

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4

PinkPebbles

“You know my name, not my story. You've heard what I've done, but not what I've been through.”
― Jonathan Anthony Burkett, Neglected But Undefeated

and...

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. - James 1:2-4

@Laela I love that quote!

We don’t know what people had to endure along the journey; all we see is the end result! It’s a great reminder to be genuinely happy for others.

Rejoice with those who rejoice- Romans 12:15