~Hits & Misses~August 2011

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
^^^ I really enjoyed this post! :)lol: @ I'm looking at you, Oyin)

For reals, Oyin! I don't understand why their products are so heavily fragranced! It's inexplicible! I really want to try the Hair Dew but after nearly passing out and almost being banished to the couch by DH for using the Honey Hemp as a leave-in, I can't do it :nono:!

But much love to Oyin and the folk that love 'em!

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
For reals, Oyin! I don't understand why their products are so heavily fragranced! It's inexplicible! I really want to try the Hair Dew but after nearly passing out and almost being banished to the couch by DH for using the Honey Hemp as a leave-in, I can't do it :nono:!

And I wish you could choose an unscented option!

Ok, I'm done!

PJaye

If you couldn't take the somewhat fruity smell of the Honey Hemp, then the heavily sweet caramel aroma of the Hair Dew might have you reaching for the smelling salts.:lol: It worked SO WELL as a next day refresher, but I couldn't get past that smell.

JulietWhiskey

Darkside of the moon
If you couldn't take the somewhat fruity smell of the Honey Hemp, then the heavily sweet caramel aroma of the Hair Dew might have you reaching for the smelling salts.:lol: It worked SO WELL as a next day refresher, but I couldn't get past that smell.

See, I KNEW it!

I'm so glad I saved my money: and my nasal passages :lol:!

Tene

Hits:

Nuance Intense Hydration Mask
Nuance Smooth & Shine Conditioner

Misses:

Original Moxie Hair Bling High Shine Pomade

This stuff is too light and feels more like I'm using plain oil than a pomade. It doesn't do a thing for sealing in moisture.

Oyin Hair Dew

I don't know why, but this stuff isn't moisturizing my hair anymore. It leave my hair very dry now.

Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Hair Lotion

This stopped working for me also, left my hair dry.

Last edited:

Imoan

Hit

NjoiCreationS:
Apple Cider Vinegar Shampoo
Ayurvedic Shampoo Bar

CHAGRIN VALLEY
Extra Honey Beer Shampoo Bar

DB
Herbal Leave-In Conditioning Spritz
Curl Detangling Milk
Avocado & Wild Plum Twisting Cream - GLYCERIN FREE

Hairveda
Moist Condition 24.7

Myhoneychild
Olive You Deep Conditioner

kupenda

Another hit...with a story lol

So as previously stated I'm trying to use up my stash. So I started massaging my scalp with oils and cowashing every other day. But when I airdried, my hair would bush up. So one day I cowashed, rinsed, applied my leave in, then gently brushed the hair straight back. And just cuz I'm trying to use it up, I sealed with CHI Silk Infusion. No bushiness!!!! I'm doing this until I run out of the CHI. I figured since its main ingredient is a cone, it would be good at locking in moisture. I have also increased my shampoo from twice a month to once a week to combat the cones. My hair is sooo soft and my ends are actually staying attached lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

fluffyforever

New HITS
Water/glycerin spritz followed by Shea Moisture Restorative Conditioner as a leave-in
Kenra MC as a overnight DC
Shea Moisture Moisture Retention Shampoo (Yellow Label)

Other 2011 Hits
Shea Moisture Coconut Hibiscus Shampoo (Pink Label)

Misses
Cantu Shea Butter Leave-in. It doesn't make my hair feel good no matter how I use it.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Continued Hits:

Jasmine Bath & Beauty Avocado & Silk Deep Conditioner
As I Am Naturally's Cleansing Pudding
Bear Fruit Hair's Red Wine Shine Rinse

Sesi

Continued hits:
Coconut oil as an overnight prepoo: this works wonders. split ends down, breakage down, retention up!

New hit:
Bear Fruit Hair Desert Moisturizer Leave-In: when i put this on my hair and gently run a comb through it, the comb went through easier than KCKT!

New MEGA hit:
detangling my hair before shampooing. The coconut oil makes the hair so soft and the comb glides through like butter. :yep:

Misses:
Well, not so much of a miss, but now that I detangle before shampooing, I have no need of Kinky curly knot today anymore. Too bad I have two bottles of it :nono:

Keshieshimmer

MISS: Lush Curly Wurly shampoo

Talk about bits of coconut oil in my hair! I thought it would melt...it didn't, must be something else in those bits.

beautyaddict1913

Thanks @IDareT'sHair I did a search for this thread and couldnt find it! Thanks @Shay72 for starting it! Yall know this is one of my faves, I have read every single post lol

My hits:

Curl Junkie Argan & Olive oil condish
Curl Junkie Banana & Hibiscus Deepy Fix
Darcy's Botanicals Transitioning Creme
Sealing with MyHoneyChild Hair Grease
Laying down my edges with Hairveda Almond Glaze
Using Curl Junkie Curl Fix as my light protein

Someone earlier in this thread just reminded me that I need to go get a replacement filter for my showerhead since I will be co-washing a lot for the next two months!

An_gell

Hit:
Cassia, fenugreek, onion powder paste with BF Nourish Scalp Butter mixed in and left on for 4 hrs. End result is nicely defined and separated curls and plump hair.:lick::grin:

HV Amala Cream Rinse: used this to help me get the ayurvedic paste out last night and it worked great!

My hair is partially air dried now and it's so soft.. :)

LushLox

LushLox A Moisturizer.:lick: Check out the PuraBody Sale in the Vendor/Seller Forum:yep: I also got the Sapote Lotion, the Chocolate Conditioner (Mask) 1 Pure Sapote Oil and a Loc Oil* because of the ingredients.

Yeah I've been looking at the website, and was already eying up those products. I am drawn to the sapote, it smells so gorgeous! :lick:

biancaelyse

Hits:

Silk Dreams Nourish
Silk Dreams Pre
Silk Dreams Shea What
Silk Dreams Vanilla DC Treatment

QOD Max OrganiQ Keratin Treatment - no Formaldehyde
Organix Braxilian Keratin Shampoo and Conditioner

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Hits -
SDH Whip My Hair Cleaning Cream
HV Moist Condition PRO- Daily Protein Enhanced Conditioner
Tiiva Organic Hair Growth Oil

An_gell

Hit:
Qhemets AOHC and MTCG- layering these two gave me perfect results A+

Miss:
Botticelli Botanicals Brulee (2nd jar)- the scent is awesome, but I noticed off top the ingredients in the 2nd jar were totally different from first jar. I didn't think this would be an issue but it was. Let me tell you my hair felt like straw, and since I put it on the length of my hair some of my ends were stuck together:nono:. I am really disappointed in this jar, and it almost lets me know that she has consistency issues with some of her batches and I say this because with my first order she told me that I didn't have to tell her what additives I wanted because she just adds the scent to it. If that's the case then the ingredients in the 2nd jar should have been the same as the first jar.. So I'm definitely side-eyein them right now fa that.

HennaRo

Hit:
Using CJ Smoothing Lotion and QHHB. Nice and moisturized twists for days.

Mixing sulfur oil mix and Megatek togther. Cuts down on the smell tremendously.

Miss:
Even with the discount getting Qhemet during today's sale would be more expensive than getting it at the health food store it's sold at. Somehow I thought there would be a difference.

prettyinpurple

Big HIT:
Brown Butter Beauty Babassu Butter Love DC (say that three times fast!)
-- Texture is like vanilla pudding. Applies and spreads easily on wet hair. Let it sit in my hair w/plastic cap for ~1 hr. Hair was super soft and easy to detangle. My hair was sooo soft after rinsing it out, I was amazed.

Hits:
Silk Dreams Whip My Hair (cleansing creme) and Vanilla Silk DC
Donna Marie Super Buttercreme -- happily surprised that the strong fragrance does not linger
Applying conditioner in sections

~*~ShopAholic~*~

Hit:

Scurl -My NG is so soft and moisture, my length is so silky soft
ORS Olive Oil Creme - I apply this to mainly NG after Scurl to help lock in moisture.

Sent from my Zio