What is the most moisturizing, non-stripping shampoo you've used/ your fave poo?

MissMusic

The best shampoo I've ever tried is Aveda Dry Remedy, but it's pricey.

The cheapest, most moisturizing shampoo I have ever used is Trader Joe's Nourish Spa.

I LOVE Aveda Dry Remedy Shampoo, but that price has me buggin. I just cannot justify $24 for 6.7 ounces of shampoo. The Matrix Biolage Colorcaretherapie one works just as well for $13, for me they tie in moisture.

Curlybeauty

Nature's Gate Biotin Shampoo.

I love this stuff. It gives me the protein I need since my hair seems sensitive, and keeps the balance!! Keeper!!

Barbara

Princess
The best shampoo I ever used is Crème of Nature Green but they discontinued it.
Now I use Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo..Its great

These are my secondary shampoo staples. I highly recommend them.

Also, my primary shampoo is Verifen Beneficial Phase Shampoo. A little goes a long way. A liter will last me for a year; however, I only go to the salon twice a month so it's only used then. No pre poo, no conditioner wash, no oil rinsing is necessary with this shampoo.

Alisha08

My staple shampoo is Keracare Hydrating Detangling Shampoo. Its sulfate free and is very moisturizing. It makes the hair super soft and has great slip!

Nina_1987

A few years ago I used Naked Naturals Shea Butter and Avocado Smoothing Shampoo it was really good. Unlike most shampoos it didn't leave my hair feeling like straw.

NaturalEnigma

I love Abba's Pure Moisture Shampooo and Beautiful Curl's Curl Activating Shampoo. They are both very moisturizing, and gentle on the hair.

prettyinpurple

What BSSes sell this poo?

It can be hard to find Elucence prods in person. I used a salon locator on their Web site to find it in my area. That was a while ago though. The distribution seems to be limited to salons.

Curlmart sells it and they do discounts for Elucence prods from time to time.

silkii_locks

I like the jojoba hemp shampoo from shescentit.com. It feels more like a conditioner but leaves the hair clean and it smells great.

nestlequik

So pricey but so good- Pureology Hydrate Shampoo. I bought a sample a while ago and WOW OH WOW, my hair never felt that soft during shampooing.

africanqueen456

Elasta qp moisturizing shampoo is great but what was good to me what cream of nature in the green bottle. Btw, your hair has grown! Your almost 2 years post! Gud luck on your shmapoo find.

MsJellie

Right now, I'm using Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo. It's really creamy and not drying (imo). I've been using it for about a month now.

With all of the praise about Elucence, I think I need to just go ahead and order some!

nestlequik

Right now, I'm using Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo. It's really creamy and not drying (imo). I've been using it for about a month now.

With all of the praise about Elucence, I think I need to just go ahead and order some!

I also second the Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo.

Kirei

i like using black soap to cleanse my hair.
This.

I just make liquid black soap and add honey to it and it cleans my hair just fine.

It doesn't strip my hair or tangle it up, it just cleans it and cleans it well. :yep:

ThickRoot

Ok, I'm funny about poo cause I like lather but I don't want my hair to feel stripped. My faves right now are the KBB juicy bar, the Afroveda carrot bar and Giovanni Tea Tree (i use to clarify). But the KBB bar is $12 for one bar, I don't know.

Now on the opposite end of the spectrum I know I said I, like lather but that Amla Cream Rinse by Hairveda, absolutely no lather but LOVE this stuff! I can prepoo in oil put this stuff on and it absorbs the gunk nicely and leaves my hair clean, no waxy feeling.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Long Hair Care Forum App

Diva_Esq

Update: I bought the One & Only Argan Oil Shampoo last evening an poo'd in the shower this AM. It smelled pleasant, but not great. It lathered well and it was thick. I didn't have to use a lot. It cleaned my hair and it didn't feel stripped. I looked for Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo first at Sally Beauty, but they had 4 other kinds and not that one. I want to try Shea Moisture too.

ycj1

So far (and the only one I've used besides my clarifying which IS stripping,) it's Aveda Damage Remedy shampoo.
I was about to say the same exact thing, this is the best moisturizing shampoo I've ever used!

monie20032007

Aussie Moist Shampoo, I love this stuff. It is SUPER moisturizing! You should definitely give it a try, plus its reasonable priced and easy to find.

Imani

Keracare Hydrating Detangling (Sulfate free)
Design Essentials Moisture Retention
Bee Mine Botanical Moisturizing Shampoo (sulfate free)

And I have REALLY dry hair. These do not dry my hair out. However, they are mild so if I were going to be flat ironing I would use a stronger shampoo to get my hair really clean. But these are cool for no heat styles.