Which Reconstructor Do You Use? And When?

Which Reconstructor Do You Use

• Aveda Damage Remedy Reconstructor

Votes: 51 6.7%
  • BBD Stretch

Votes: 16 2.1%
  • Aphogee 2 Min Intensive Keratin

Votes: 295 39.0%
  • Joico KPak Reconstructor

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • Affirm 5-in-1 Reconstructor

Votes: 44 5.8%
  • Giovanni Reconstructor

Votes: 7 0.9%
  • Keracare Super Reconstructor

Votes: 15 2.0%
  • Motions CPR

Votes: 81 10.7%
  • ION Reconstructor

Votes: 25 3.3%
  • Other

Votes: 141 18.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tijay

I have used Aphogee & Motions CPR (voted for Apoghee). I don't know when exactly I use them, it depends on how much my hair sheds.

malibu4590

I use Aussie 3-minute Miracle Reconstructor "Deeeep" once a week as a DC. Sometimes I mix some WGHO in it. I've been using it for over a year now before I found LHCF. I used to use the smelly Aphrogee reconstructor but it just made my hair hard :confused: .

seraphinelle

I just used motions CPR.

My hair feels alright. I'll see tomorrow.

I bought aphogee keratin reconstructor, and I'll try that next time.

buttaflye03

malibu4590 said:
I use Aussie 3-minute Miracle Reconstructor "Deeeep" once a week as a DC. Sometimes I mix some WGHO in it. I've been using it for over a year now before I found LHCF. I used to use the smelly Aphrogee reconstructor but it just made my hair hard :confused: .

I just bought and used this for the 1st time last Tuesday. So far I like it.

I have used Motions CPR previously and it always seemed to stop any shedding I may have had. I also just bought the Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor and plan to use that the next time.

malibu, the Aphogee that makes your hair hard should always be followed by a moisturizing treatment. Could that have been the reason?

texasgrl

I voted for Motions CPR this is my fave other good ones are ORS Mayo and of course the apogee. Oh I have aussie three minute miracle but don't consider it a real reconstructor.

sareca

I picked Aphogee 2-min reconstructor, but lately I've been using Emergencee. I use it whenever my hair is overconditioned w/ moisture or after a relaxer.

thiccknlong

caribeandiva said:
i use Dudley's DRC 28. since it's so expensive i'm thinking of switching to Nexxus Emergencee.

I've been thinking about trying this one because Aphogee (heavy kind) leaves me with a hard to move, tangled mess even after moist under dryer.

Does DRC 28 really STRENGTHENS ??? I'm not talking about slip, or that the BOTTLE says it strengthens, but does it really stop breakage, make hair harder to snap ?

Cause if it does (being that i heard it has major slip ) , I will pay the price.

Strength + no tangles = LONG hair
Strength + no tangles = THICK hair

I have the moisterizers to keep it in balance :)

thiccknlong

bajanplums1 said:
I had success with DRC-28 in the past. I plan to use it in the next 6 months in hopes of reaching armpit.

Does DRC make your hair STRONGER ?

How about slip ?

I need something that WILL strengthen but not add to shedding b/c it makes the hair hard and tangled

MzOptimistic

shunta said:
I just tried the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor one week after relaxing. I only left it on for 5 min, though. Actually I think the instructions say to leave it on for 5 min. I liked it pretty well and the smell is a bonus too.

I use this one week after I relax my hair and I sit under my heating cap for 30 minutes.

Lioness

I used Aphogee 2 Min Recontructor two days ago. It was amazing!!!!!
My hair was soooo much thicker ansdstronger and blacker than before doing it.

Next day I pressed my roots.
But now, my hair feels limp,soft.

Can a reconstructor like the Aphogee 2 Min. be used more than once in a week if I condition and deep moisturise after?

malibu4590

buttaflye03 said:
I just bought and used this for the 1st time last Tuesday. So far I like it.

I have used Motions CPR previously and it always seemed to stop any shedding I may have had. I also just bought the Aphogee Intensive Keratin Reconstructor and plan to use that the next time.

malibu, the Aphogee that makes your hair hard should always be followed by a moisturizing treatment. Could that have been the reason?

Yes that most definitely was the reason but I didn't know that back then and switched to the much easier Aussie Reconstructor :) . I never had to add a moisturizing treatment after using that. Thanks, though, for the feedback. I haven't had the need to try the hardcore Aphogee Reconstructor again since my hair is in pretty good condition (knock on wood) and this site has helped me take care of my hair so I (hopefully)won't need to use it! :D

stargazer613

I sometimes use the Giovanni Nutrafix Reconstructor as a prepoo, and I can honestly say it's one of the best heavy protein treatments that I've used. It gets my hair so soft and silky. Plus I love that it has mostly natural ingredients :p

RubyWoo

I use Motions CPR Protien Reconstructor (the one in the bottle; not the jar) and it is excellent imo. I use it every week and then follow up with a moisturzing deep conditioner.

meaganita

Currently, I'm using Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Deep Conditioner & Reconstructor. It works great and gives me great slip. But I wanna try Pureology Reconstruct & Repair and/or Pureology Nanoworks Reconstructive Treatment. Whew, that stuff is expensive!

Artemis

Naturellle said:
I use Motions CPR Protien Reconstructor (the one in the bottle; not the jar) and it is excellent imo. I use it every week and then follow up with a moisturzing deep conditioner.

I don't think I posted here already, but I like this one too! A nice less pricer alternative to my Joico. I use it the same way, too.

RubyWoo

Nixx said:

I no longer use this one. I started using Aphogee 2 min Keratin reconstructor back in March and I love it and it has become a staple:love:! I use it every week and follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioner.

macherieamour

Im using NTM Deep Recovering mask twice a month. Its ok, pretty much just trying to use it up. I liked Aubrey GPB when I was using that

Seeking8Rights

I have two 1 winner and 1 looser and a soon to be new player....

Winner: Elasta QP Intense

Looser: KeraCare super reconstructor (I dont like the way my hair feels afterwards)

Soon to replace both: Aveda DR Reconstructor :kiss:

I'm going Aveda and Nexxuss exclusively. :)

Energist

I just purchased and used aphogee reconstructor for the first time recently, because I am worried about my ends while I am trying to stretch my relaxer. I think that it's helped... it's either been that or the pre hot oil treatment.

lana

I use good ole IC reconstructor in the white bottle with the green letters. I also use 911 Reconstructor in the Silver Bottle on the same day. It's super concentrated, so a little goes a long way. But it works, softens my hair and builds it back up immediately.

prospurr4

I use Motions CPR Reconstructor (in the bottle) to build up my hair after self-relaxing and neutralizing. I use Motions CPR Treatment (in the jar) between touchups, when my hair feels limp and over-moisturized. I love them both.

imstush

I use Ojon Restorative Hair treatment and lately I've been back to using Jherri Redding natural protein.