"What I Feared Has Come Upon Me."

Prudent1

Just wanted to share this as the new year approaches. Mind renewal is so vital to us as believers. We always, always need to think about what we are thinking about and think about who or where those thoughts came from...

Job 3:25 NIV
THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT (1)
Nick was a tough guy with a bad outlook. He worked for the railroad. One night after all his fellow workers had gone home he accidentally locked himself in a refrigerated boxcar. Worried that the temperature was below freezing, he yelled for help, but to no avail. The more he thought about his situation the colder he felt, till eventually he started shivering uncontrollably. Convinced he was dying, he wrote a letter to his family outlining what had happened. The next morning they found Nick's body. An autopsy revealed that he had indeed frozen to death. But the investigators discovered something puzzling. The boxcar in which Nick was trapped was out of order and had been disconnected. The night he froze to death the temperature in the boxcar was sixty-one degrees, just below room temperature. But because he expected to die, he lost the battle in his mind.
What you believe about your life is more important than what anyone else believes. Job said, "What I feared has come upon me." Be careful what you anticipate; negative expectations become self-fulfilling prophecies. God has promised to help you - but you get the deciding vote. By focusing on the negative you're agreeing to let Satan defeat you. Jesus said, "According to your faith will it be done for you" (mat 9:29 NIV). Another translation puts it like this: "Become what you believe" (TM). So get into agreement with God's Word and focus on His promises instead of your problems. When you do, your faith will take you to new levels of victory. But it's up to you to take the first step!

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I heard this story before and thank you for posting it for us. It is so true. I notice when I am at my slimmest, I do not worry about what I eat and am happy. But when I watch every calorie, and eat only healthy and absolutely little to no junkfood, I gain weight. I eat a little of everything in moderation and the weight keeps dropping. You truly are what you think.

luthiengirlie

i gotta stop fearing no career and no amrriage then... YHWH has my future in hand.. i need to stop worring thanks Prudent for keeping it real

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Wonderful Thread.... :Rose:

God has given us HIS permission to think positively.

Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.

------ Philippians 4:8

InVue

Simple Life Lover
Wow, this is a good thread. I try not to focus on my fears. I keep in mind a saying of my childhood pastor often said during his message:

"I can't stop a bird from flying over my head, but I can stop him from building a nest on it." :)