*~Drink your way to waistlength hair~* I am!

Would you drink raw eggs to get waistlength hair?

• Definitely.

Votes: 115 13.5%
  • Babayy, I'd eat a raw chicken to get waistlength hair!

Votes: 38 4.5%
  • Br*nze, You've gone too far. No way!

Votes: 372 43.8%
  • If I saw proof that it works, I'd try it.

Votes: 324 38.2%

• Total voters

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Welcome Egglette MiliB256 to our Nest!
You have truly humbled me with your kind and thoughtful words, MiliB. I know I have such a long way to go, and I try to reflect Christ to the best of my ability...I had to apologize to my classroom because I said somethings that were not of Him...I've had to ask for forgiveness too many times to count, but I try to quickly check myself and get 'right' because I don't want to steer anyone away from Him, you know? Thanks so much for your support. I needed your post today - and - I receive your Blessing, in His Name!

I am a new Egglette. Yay me! I have been reading just about all the posts since yesterday and I must say, I am so in awe of how spiritually mature you are Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll. Who you are and the way you handle certain situations (your Dominican blowout experience) inspires me to be more like Christ. Thank you! You have been far more a blessing to me than you know!
God bless you, your family (and your hair lol)

MiliB256

I tried my first shake today. I could not taste the egg at all...BUT the consistency is throwing me off. I drink smoothies with just fruit all the time but with the egg it's thick and kind slippery on my tongue. I gotta switch some stuff around and make it not so slippery. maybe if I use water? or maybe if I whipped it up longer? Idk but I bought that stuff so I will drink it lol

kayte

In other news...I have put the shake on hold for a bit...I started gaining weight b/c I was having a hard time balancing my meals - the shake alone is about 450 cals

I totally relate...that defintely is is a side effect
and btw...they are addictive ..lol
but what I'm trying to do is go raw the rest of the day with the exception of cooked protein
fish...tofu...egg...and WORK OUT THREE OR MORE DAYS A WEEK :drunk:to balance it...

I don't want to give up my shake ;)

with the egg it's thick and kind slippery on my tongue

~got it
try adding lots of ice in the blender & freeze the strawberries..the ice shld nuetralize the "slick"
it'll come out more like a slushy & hopefully better on the tongue :yep:

thanks Bronzebomshell for the pics! & keeping us motivated :)

Last edited:

TxTransition

Hi ladies!

I'ma newbie and this is my first time posting, HOWEVER, I've been lurking on this post (that sounds borderline stalker-ish, huh? LOL!!!) for about a week, and started doing the egg shake last wednesday.

I'm SO excited to witness the results!!!! YAY!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Welcome Egglette TxTransition to our Nest!!!!!!!!!!

I am so honored that our thread is your very first post! That's awesome. Welcome welcome welcome and we hope to see you around these parts - often. Enjoy your time on the shake. The benefits will knock your socks off.

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Thanks for the tips, Kayte. I look forward to more updates to come. Wish I could go raw, i've heard there are GREAT benefits.

I totally relate...that defintely is is a side effect
and btw...they are addictive ..lol
but what I'm trying to do is go raw the rest of the day with the exception of cooked protein
fish...tofu...egg...and WORK OUT THREE OR MORE DAYS A WEEK :drunk:to balance it...

I don't want to give up my shake ;)

~got it
try adding lots of ice in the blender & freeze the strawberries..the ice shld nuetralize the "slick"
it'll come out more like a slushy & hopefully better on the tongue :yep:

thanks Bronzebomshell for the pics! & keeping us motivated :)

TxTransition

I just LOVE how supportive this thread is---as a matter of fact this site as a WHOLE! Love it!

And thanks so much for the welcome! {blushing} lol

Is it me, or does the shake become easier and easier to drink each day. Dare I say, I actually look forward to it now lol!!!!

Be going through withdrawals when I can't find an egg lol!!!

ladysaraii

I was on a hiatus for 2 weeks, but now i'm back on. I'm trying to lose weight, so I'm going to keep my eye on things. To start I'm going to be drinking it 3 days a week and see how things go. the rest of my diet is veggies, meat, and salad so hopefully that will keep things in check

miss cosmic

i've been going through a rough time, my mum passed away late september. for a long time i was not motivated to do anything - it was all i could do to make sure my son got to school and back every day.
however, i'm picking myself up and after not cocktailing for months i'm back on the wagon.
i still havent found affordable wheatgerm oil for internal use though...the hunt goes on.

by the way i think my girls shrunk when i stopped - like i said it's been a minute since i cocktailed...and i hadn't been on it very long so the effects hadn't become permanent yet. looking forward to some permanent change soon! woop!

how's everyone doing?
happy cocktailing all!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

I'm so sorry for your loss, miss cosmic. I just can't bear to think of losing my own mom. :nono: I hate you've had to endure that grief. I pray that you find comfort during this difficult time. I'm sorry it took me so long to see your message. Things have been chaotic at work. You are in my prayers. ((((((GREAT BIG HUG))))))

On a lighter note, let's get those girlz up and at 'em! Let us know when things 'perk' up, okay? Have you been cocktailing on the regular? I have not been consistent and it is showing in my hair, unfortunately. The stress and everything definitely takes a toll.

Happy Thanksgiving Egglettes! I'm thankful to God for all of you!!!

Have a blessed Holyday~~

i've been going through a rough time, my mum passed away late september. for a long time i was not motivated to do anything - it was all i could do to make sure my son got to school and back every day.
however, i'm picking myself up and after not cocktailing for months i'm back on the wagon.
i still havent found affordable wheatgerm oil for internal use though...the hunt goes on.

by the way i think my girls shrunk when i stopped - like i said it's been a minute since i cocktailed...and i hadn't been on it very long so the effects hadn't become permanent yet. looking forward to some permanent change soon! woop!

how's everyone doing?
happy cocktailing all!

miss cosmic

thanks Br*nze.

i've been cocktailing regularly for about ten days now...will definitely let you know how it goes.

for a minute there i thought i'd killed the thread!

hope your hair recovers soon!

and i will let you know soon as the girls re-appear in all their perky glory :)

foxee

I know I haven't checked in for awhile but I'm still cocktailing it 7 days a week. Hope you ladies are doing well!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Hey Egglettes!

Hope all is well~ Thanks for checking-in. Keep Cocktailin' ~ Now is a good time to add Eggnog to your cocktail. Umm umm good. But watch the calories, 'kay?

4bslbound

Hello everyone! I have been on and off with my egg shake (Im away from home most weekends) but I can guess that I have it about 3-4 times per week.

When I run out of eggs I still do the shake anyway....

My shake isn't delicisious at all, but it feels good. (I know that Im getting alot of nutrition)

It consists of :

Wheat germ oil
Wheat germ
Lecithin granules
Garden of Life green drink or Spirulina (and ya'll thought wheat germ oil was nasty,lol)
Dry milk (is this as good?)
1 egg yolk (I throw away the whites because of the avidin and I squeeze the yolk contents into the shake throwing away the yolk sac-heard that was no good either)

Ive been doing it for about 4 months, but Im hiding my hair so I hope for some great progress!!

Thanks for reading.....

Kimbosheart

Hey Y'all! Remember me?

After a year + of being off the egg shake I'm back. I had my first shake this morning. I'm going to reread through this thread over the holiday break to see if there's any information I missed during my (fall off the wagon :look:) hiatus. I remember I got phenomal growth, especially when I added chlorella, but I didn't have the hair care practices to maintain it. I also remember being in the best shape ever, the shake made me eat better and workout and I remember just all around feeling better so I'm looking forward to it.

Pooks

Wow, I haven't posted in here since I don't know when. Heeeey everyone!

What happened to me? Well I went on holiday for 3 months, and stopped shaking for about 6 weeks, then got back on. I still do a mixture of store bought smoothies, rice milk, Bob's Mill Raw WG, and WG oil.

I may not post, but I'm staying on the shake in some form. My hair is thriving.

Kisses to you BB!

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Bumping just for you know who...

Thanks for checking in 4BSL, Vee and KimbosHeart!!! Great to hear from you!! Glad to know you are doing well.

~Blessings,
~B*

~Vintage Queen~

Wishing you all a happy and prosperous new year!
I'm back on the shakes and will (will, will, will, will) update regularly. Trying to stick with it in 2011.
Enjoy the holidays:^)
~Vintage Queen~

blackbarbietea

I'm on the atkins diet right now...(WOOOOOOO 22.5 lbs down!!) So I need to figure out a way to do a protein shake or that raw egg drink and still be under 20 carbs a day. Someone help me?? I'm going hardcore in 2011. (WL goals) And I loveee protein shakes!!

~Vintage Queen~

Hi Ladies,
hope you are all well. Just keeping note of my Shake intake (will cont. to update).

Have a lovely day/evening.
~Vintage Queen~

:drink:2 Jan 11
:drink:4 Jan 11

Makenzie

I've been drinking my shake. I have to make myself eat a late lunch otherwise I can wait it out until dinner. It really fills me up.

polished07

I did it!!!! I finally got all of the ingredients and added lecithin granules and a taste of honey and got it down! Who-wee it was a fight but I got it all down ;-) day 1 of being an egglette if I can down my chlorella green shake I can do this one too! Let's get it BSL here I come !!!!!!

Angelicus

Sorry that I have been away for a while but I have been fasting (in prayer for a new job, the one I have... I don't want to go into it). I've been eating the Alexander Salad instead since Jan 1. Love you all!

DesignerCurls

Hey Fellow Egglettes!
I haven't been here in a good while buuuut I'm still shaking :lol: (at least 3 times a week)! I finally added wheatgerm oil to my shakes...it is doing wonders for my body and it doesn't taste too bad if you mix it with the right fruit!

HHG Ladies...WL in 2011!!! :yep:

Br*nzeb*mbsh~ll

Welcome Egglettes BlackBarbieTea and Polished 07 to our Nest!!!

I'm sorry I can't help with the protein content right now, but I'll look into it...saying this almost a month after your post, *embarassed* - forgive me?

Polished07 - u r so right! If you can chug-away on Chlorella, you can do NEthing!!!

Thanks for updates, Angelicus, DesignerCurls, Pretty Brown Eyes and VintageQ...don't forget about us! I'll try to keep bumping the thread for others. I've been neglectful...

Update:
I have had a setback, I'm sorry to report. I had a bad salon experience about 2 months back AND last week, when I detangled my own hair SSKs whipped me UP!! LORD, I have not experienced anything to that degree - it was not good..not good at all. So much hair came out...I just shudder to remember / So, my density is lacking. I'm hurt by that, I must admit. But, you know me, I'm gonna let it propel me forward. I'm hitting hard, okay? I'm using a mix of aloe vera gel, aloe juice, castor oil, amla plus and wheat germ oil and applying it to my scalp. Surprisingly, my hair doesn't revert like i thought it would from the aloe juice. Now, I will say that when i simply used aloe vera gel and castor oil, I had new hair sprouting within a week (is simpler, more effective? Hmmmm). I haven't noticed as much w my new mix, because my hair is straightened (i try to avoid heat, but I give my hubby a little something to play with after weeks of wetbunning, lol, marriage is give and take, you guys - even with hair, smh). Please try this ladies. I'm certain the av gel and castor oil is gonna help with thickness. I truly believe this. I can feel the tingle, no lie. One of my LHCF Sistas told me try it for thickening my hair...I wanna give her props, but I'd have to look through my pms...anyhoo. Try it, I think you'll love it! I maybe be back w pics, but my hair is uber-straight and ya'll know i'm camera-shy, so....we'll see. I'm still mbl, believing HIM for uber-thickness - but Egglettes, even with all this, I can see waistlength within reach. SOOOooooo xcited~~~

Let's do this, Egglettes! WL here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Makenzie

^^Sorry you had to go through that.:nono: How's the thickness now?

I'm still with the cocktail.:yep: It keeps me full most of the day.

preciousgoods

I've been reading this thread for some time now. I also just did the BC late Jan 2011!! I'm so excited to see my hair texture...I've been relaxed for as long as I can remember. I tried the shake today minus the Wheat Germ Oil and loved it. Thanks for starting this thread...and I will be posting my progress as I go along.

God Bless~