Hits & Misses September 2014

curls4daze

I used Neutrogena triple moisture as a DC and it was great on my hair. I know it has cones but my hair feels so good. Will try it again.

NaturallyATLPCH

Miss: Ynobe Nettle and Amla DC consistency
While the slip is good, I don't like runny DCs. It used to be creamy. Now I have this runny ish in a 16 ounce jar. I will be using it up but will not repurchase.

I like creamy DCs, not too pasty and definitely not as runny as this one. Ah well. Glad I have at least one staple DC and no need to explore.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
New Hits

BRB Manuka Honey DC- it provides a good amount of slip and moisture which I love.
Happy Nappy Honey Knot in My Fro Joe-
I've used it a couple of times as a leave in on damp hair and it leaves my hair soft and fluffy once dry.
My cassia mix- helped my hair feel strong yet soft, shedding was not excessive.
KJ Naturals Marshmallow Root shampoo bar and ACV rinse- tried it yesterday and my hair felt soft and not stripped like other shampoo bars.
KJ Naturals Rosemary Coconut Conditioner-
Mixed it with cassia and loved how it helped soften my hair.
Vatika Frosting- love the smell and using it as a prepoo.

Continued Hits

APB leave in's and hair creams
Argan oil
Alma oil
Avocado oil
KeraVada oils
Silk Amino Acid powder
Bamboo Silica extract
Pumpkin Seed oil
Claudie's Tiffany Ceramide pomade

Rozlewis

While the slip is good, I don't like runny DCs. It used to be creamy. Now I have this runny ish in a 16 ounce jar. I will be using it up but will not repurchase.

I like creamy DCs, not too pasty and definitely not as runny as this one. Ah well. Glad I have at least one staple DC and no need to explore.

NaturallyATLPCH

I have this Dc also but I have not used it yet. You mentioned the consistency and the slip what about the performance of the product? How did your hair feel?

MsSanz92

Hits:
Jamaican Mango and Lime Transitioning Detangling Spray - made taking out my braids a breeze

Karen's Body Beautiful Leave In Conditioner - Moisturizing and left my hair very soft even after blowdrying my hair

Revisited Hits:
Design Essentials Honey Creme Super Detangling Moisture Retention Shampoo - such a long name but I used to use this shampoo when it was just the moisture retention shampoo but it still does an excellent job of cleaning my hair without drying it out, sulfates and all!

Rolland UNA Moisturizing Masque - The second ingredient is mineral oil but this is the BEST moisturizing DC for me. I figure it won't be horrible since I'm rinsing it out and I'm using a sulfate shampoo. I'm becoming less concerned with "natural" ingredients because most of the natural products don't even work for me and focusing on using what WORKS, even if it's filled with cones, mineral oil and sulfates.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
NaturallyATLPCH @Rozlewis

I've had this DC several times both with & without Protein.

I've noticed the consistency has been different with each order.

But never super runny where it was dripping. I usually Steam with it.

I currently have the 16oz Jar (with Protein) but it's in the Fridge and I didn't open it when I first got it to see what the consistency was.

It does work well.

NaturallyATLPCH

NaturallyATLPCH @Rozlewis

I've had this DC several times both with & without Protein.

I've noticed the consistency has been different with each order.

But never super runny where it was dripping. I usually Steam with it.

I currently have the 16oz Jar (with Protein) but it's in the Fridge and I didn't open it when I first got it to see what the consistency was.

It does work well.

The DCs I've gotten in the past were creamy. I can't believe how runny this batch is. I mean, I know they say consistency may vary since it's a handmade product, but it's super runny.

I think I will contact her and ask about it. Even when she was on Etsy and I first bought it, it was never this runny.

IDareT'sHair, it is runny to the point of dripping. Like, if I'm not careful, that ish will be all over the place when I apply it.

iamyattababe

Miss: Ynobe Nettle and Amla DC consistency While the slip is good, I don't like runny DCs. It used to be creamy. Now I have this runny ish in a 16 ounce jar. I will be using it up but will not repurchase. I like creamy DCs, not too pasty and definitely not as runny as this one. Ah well. Glad I have at least one staple DC and no need to explore.

Yikes!! Just ordered this during the sale, that makes me leery but maybe it was a bad batch?

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@NaturallyATLPCH

That's terrible.:ohwell:

I would definitely contact her.:rolleyes:

Lemme go in here & open up this jar.:look:

I'm afraid since it is coming straight out the Fridge, I won't be able to tell.:perplexed

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@NaturallyATLPCH

I looked.:rolleyes:

Yep. It's too 'cold' to get a true read on the actual consistency (as I thought) but there is a watery mix on top. :look:

I would definitely stir it up before using. I need to put this in rotation ASAP.

At least after I finish up with HV Methi Step1.:yawn:

Because I can't stand to have a bunch of stuff all open at once (and half used), so I hafta' finish up something before I open it.

curlyhersheygirl

NaturallyATLPCH Say it ain't so. I haven't purchased from this company in almost a year due to their growing pains. That DC is one of my favorites from them. I guess I'll just use what I have and not repurchase.

Sent from my XT1080 using LHCF

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Continued Hits:
APB Hair Creme
APB Leave In
NaturelleGrow Mango & Coconut Water

Misses:
Nothing so far :locks:

Platinum

Continued Hits:

Keeping It Simple!
Aloe Vera Juice
Aloe Vera Gel
Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Jamaican Black Castor Oil
3 months Locked. Best decision I've made in my hair journey.

NaturallyATLPCH

NaturallyATLPCH Say it ain't so. I haven't purchased from this company in almost a year due to their growing pains. That DC is one of my favorites from them. I guess I'll just use what I have and not repurchase.

Sent from my XT1080 using LHCF

curlyhersheygirl, I used to love that DC and the Avocado and Flaxseed Smoothie. Thank goodness the Smoothie still performs the same, has the same smell, and consistency.

iamyattababe, I probably got a bad batch. Yours may be just fine.

NaturallyATLPCH

NaturallyATLPCH

If you decide to contact her.....I'd be curious as to her response.

IDareT'sHair, I contacted her about 30 minutes ago. She responded and told me to send her a picture of the product and I hadn't gotten a bad batch, the ingredients were still the same. When I sent her the picture, she apologized and said usually the batches settle and thicken, but apparently this one had not. She said she would send out another one and also told me the runny one was safe to use.

iamyattababe

IDareT'sHair, I contacted her about 30 minutes ago. She responded and told me to send her a picture of the product and I hadn't gotten a bad batch, the ingredients were still the same. When I sent her the picture, she apologized and said usually the batches settle and thicken, but apparently this one had not. She said she would send out another one and also told me the runny one was safe to use.

So in other words it was a bad batch..Welp at least you have another coming if nothing else

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Latest Hits:
Shea Terra Organics Banana & Mongongo Oil Pre-Rx
Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner (for cowashing)

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS

:rolleyes: My batch was runny when I got it January. It is very slippery, performance was ok, but not repurchase for me.

Always a hit APB Leave-in and BoBeam Peppermint oil. Can't stop touching my hair.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
IDareT'sHair glad to hear the STO Banana Pre-Rx was a hit. I still stalk it when I'm on their site grabbing face products. I might go ahead and take the plunge and grab a jar during my next face product haul.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@rileypak

I really like it. It's thick and fragrant-ful. And it rinses out clean.

Doesn't leave your hair feeling greasy or oily or anything.

I should try steaming it in. I just picked up another Jar (back up).

I can see myself really enjoying this as the cold weather sets in.

So far, it's one of the best Pre-Rx's I've purchased.

rileypak

Wash Week™ Queen
NEWEST HIT
Komaza Hair Analysis recommendations- I went into it thinking there was no way my hair would improve greatly and I'll be darned if I wasn't proven wrong. The wonders a little extra protein and double sealing can do, I tell ya

CONTINUED HITS (methods)
Applying shampoo on dry, pre-pooed scalp/hair- So I wanted to do this method a few more times before I declared it a hit and yea...it's a hit. I greatly minimize tangles when I do this plus I'm able to really give my scalp a good scrub since I'm parting each section throughout and really accessing my scalp
Applying spray leave-in in the shower on wrung out hair- this is the hit that keeps on giving soft, moisturized hair and makes for much easier detangling post wash

CONTINUED HITS (products)
APB Leave In Sprays
Kurlee Belle Thirsty Kurls Leave In
Silk Dreams DCs (so in love again)
Ceramide containing oils
Hairveda Vatika Frosting

MISS
LACE Naturals Brahmi Root Masque- this happened last month but...my relaxed ends hated this DC. It was awful for me. It led to a lot of hair lost during rinse out and hair that lacked its proper moisture base for the week. My ends were dry and tangled & my new growth wasn't impressed. Such a shame because I had high hopes for it.

Last edited:

Golden75

#NOMOREHAIRPRODUCTS
@rileypak

I really like it. It's thick and fragrant-ful. And it rinses out clean.

Doesn't leave your hair feeling greasy or oily or anything.

I should try steaming it in. I just picked up another Jar (back up).

I can see myself really enjoying this as the cold weather sets in.

So far, it's one of the best Pre-Rx's I've purchased.

IDareT'sHair I need to revisit this. I think I may have tossed the rest of my jar (mainly due to age), wasn't much in there, and not enough to cover my head. When I used it, it was meh. Not sure what I expected. Think I used as a pre-poo and a DC and nothing.