Manetabolism Users!

Royalq

I hope you all took before pics. Nothing frustrates us lhcf'ers more than glowing reviews and no before pics lol.

Im planning to go to the doctor and get a blood test to see if all my levels are okay. I currently only get 0.3 of an inch a month so I want to see if that is medical. Then im going to trim these god forsaken ssks and then take a length check. Then ill start taking the pills.

Fenaxa

Just got my vitamins today :grin: I'm soooo happy! I length checked yesterday but I'll do it again to get an "authentic check". Do you have to take these with food or can you do it whenever you want? I'll do it with food just to be safe.

trebell

I just got my pills today. I'm switching from hairfinity to manetabolism the first of the month.

TeeBee

I usually try to take my pills at night..but this is the second time I've missed them!! Ugh. I just be so tired lol

PureSilver

well i have my page yo to order but i'm still mulling over in my mind because i already take 10mg of biotin dailt.

Jewell

Hmm, this is the first I've heard of these vitamins. I always thought Hairfinity and Viviscal were rip-offs for the price points. Lemme go read...

ETA: After reading the ingredients list and seeing how they have a "celebrity" with a full head of hair weave endorsing their product, I conclude that the only ingredients these vitamins have over most others like Country Life Maxi Hair, Futurebiotics, and others that cost under $10/bottle is the ginkgo, and the amino acids.

The price point is ok but you could just take a regular Walmart hair vitamin and add a BCAA (branched chain amino acids) supplement to it. These companies know Black women are obsessed with weaves (and therefore long hair), so they market get long hair quick vitamins (and products) to us. It's SO OBVIOUS!!!

And they are telling you info you already know, "vitamin deficiency is a primary cause of hair loss..." Anyone with common sense knows this. I'd take it as a grain of salt but do you. *Kanye shrug* I've never purchased any hair vitamins that were marketed widely to Black women except for Nioxin before it was discontinued and hit $100/bottle in price (I paid $13.99) and quit after one bottle cuz the results were nominal at best. I just hate to see our people shelling out money for stuff that likely doesn't work any better than regular vitamins.

On closer inspection, T. Taylor is wearing a LF or FLW. But old girl needs to check that unsightly forehead acne instead of dumping her money and image onto all things "hair." And I'm not hating, just saying. Nothing against her. She's cute, no homo--just making observations...and on to other news....

Last edited:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
TGIF ladies!! Just took my pills. Surprisnly I have not missed a dose since I started taking them last weekend. I still take my bcomplex + other supplements (just no biotin/multi).

Jewell
I had to do a double take when I saw Teyanna T. & her wig representing for the company.

Still purchased them though.

Royalq I took before pics. Comparison pics coming in June.

I hope they are a success so I can repurchase. TWA + 6month growth reveals are always fun.

Trackrunnertt

TGIF ladies!! Just took my pills. Surprisnly I have not missed a dose since I started taking them last weekend. I still take my bcomplex + other supplements (just no biotin/multi). Jewell I had to do a double take when I saw Teyanna T. & her wig representing for the company. Still purchased them though. Royalq I took before pics. Comparison pics coming in June. I hope they are a success so I can repurchase. TWA + 6month growth reveals are always fun.

I've been surprisingly consistent too! Maybe because I really want long hair bad haha

Fenaxa

Second day here. I know it's way too early to tell but just judging off of how other vitamins (and other growth aides) did nothing at all for me in the past, I'll try these for 2 months straight (since I ordered 2 LOL) and if I measure my average growth rate come the middle of June, I won't bother with buying more.
I do have high hopes though. I have starting pics but I will update on June 17th if I have any noteworthy progress with before and after pics. :)

Trackrunnertt

Second day here. I know it's way too early to tell but just judging off of how other vitamins (and other growth aides) did nothing at all for me in the past, I'll try these for 2 months straight (since I ordered 2 LOL) and if I measure my average growth rate come the middle of June, I won't bother with buying more. I do have high hopes though. I have starting pics but I will update on June 17th if I have any noteworthy progress with before and after pics. :)[/QUOTE

I bought two months as well. After the first month if I get an inch I'm buying a 6 month supply fr fr lolol

Fenaxa

Haha that's exactly what I'm gonna do, just after 2 months instead of 1. If I get 6" or even 4.5" in 6 months, I'll buy a year's worth of vitamins.

growinstrong

FYI ladies, Courtney has a promo going on for the entire weekend only. 15% off entire order :grin:. Promo code is easter2014 :yep:. Sign up for emails on themanechoice.com and like them on Facebook to receive notifications off all promos going on. I already had 2 bottles, but I just ordered 4 more :drunk:

ail221

Manetabolism peaked my interest as well, so I jumped the gun and bought a two month supply. Hopefully they live up to the hype.

Sanity

Cosmetologist
Checking in for Day 2&3!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using LHCF excuse any typos do not use my photos please!!!

Channy31

Mine still isn't here :( It's in Miami atm. Ordered it on the 9th!

I am in the UK though :)

Last edited:

mrsrivers

I bought mine last week and got it already this week so it seems like the company is getting things straight.
I took my first pill yesterday and had horrible headaches today so I may need to up my water intake since biotin can cause that.

I bought 2 months worth so I'm hoping I see a little more growth than usual by July.

ChocolatePie777

I feel like this is giving me head aches and making me feel tired and and kinda sick ....and I've been drinking lots of water

I'll try taking it before bed instead of before work to see if there is a difference

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
chocolate777

Have you tried taking one pill in the evening and the other in the morning? That may alleviate your symptoms. If splitting your dosage doesn't relieve the headaches, stop taking them.

That's what I had to do when I was taking Country Life Maxi Hair, not due to headaches, but they were nasty horse pills :barf:

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

ChocolatePie777

chocolate777

Have you tried taking one pill in the evening and the other in the morning? That may alleviate your symptoms. If splitting your dosage doesn't relieve the headaches, stop taking them.

That's what I had to do when I was taking Country Life Maxi Hair, not due to headaches, but they were nasty horse pills :barf:

Sent from my Speak & Spell using LHCF

I did at first but I kept forgetting to take the second dosage because I was so tired by the time I got home from work......ill keep playing around with the dosage and timing for the redt of the month supply I have and also up my water intake even more..

If it doesnt change ill go back to my natures bounty optimum solution gummies which where actually pretty good for me and I took 4 of those a day

Eta:....I just got two jars of gummies for 3.99...like where they do that at so if me and manetabalism dont fix our relationship im def kicking it to the curb.....but I think I have some growth even though im only a week in.....I hope the headaches mean my hair is working extra hard to grow

Last edited:

mrsrivers

Day 3 for me. I started splitting up my dosage by taking one in the morning and one in the evening and my headaches stopped. I also starting drinking more water which I'm sure helped.