Any Relaxed Heads Using Wen?

NewHairWOWeave

^^^LOL! I held out for as long as I could! I couldn't take all of these WEN threads. Then my boss up and gives me a FREE bottle and now I'm hooked.

Girl, you know LHCF will have you broke than a mug! :lol:

***psst! But WEN is the bomb for real tho'!***

If this wash goes well tonight, I may be hooked. It is the commercials that I cant take. They come on every minute. I even buckled down and was gonna buy my self the set for Christmas and here comes my co-worker (bless her heart) with a bottle.

bebezazueta

I still haven't jumped on this bandwagon and I'm shocked! LOL! If I reach my final goal of HL next year, then I'll treat myself to some? Stay tuned . . .

sunnieb

I used the Pomegranate tonight and it melted through my 14 weeks post newgrowth. I'm lovin' it! :)

Chrismiss

I'm trying Wen Winter Vanilla Mint for the first time tonight. Actually, this is my first time trying Wen at all...hope it comes out well.

bluevalentine

i got a sample of the sweet almond mint one, used it as a leave in, now airdrying my hair. my newgrowth feels soooo soft and moisturized. i feel a purchase coming on....

Chrismiss

@ SunnieB- yes, I tried it....and I think I love the results. Let me explain: i did a pretty deep prepoo by steaming with a mixture of evoo, macadamia nut oil and a couple of other oils. My hair was pretty saturated with oil. I did a 1st and 2nd cleanse with Wen per the directions and after rinsing my hair felt a little stripped(is this normal?). However, during the cleansing process, when the product was in my hair, my hair felt very soft and my scalp tingled. I even felt some tingling today. The scent was/is delish. I then deep conditioned with Paul Mitchell and rinsed...still my hair had a stripped feeling. I roller set my hair and dried under the Pibbs. That's when I felt the incredible softness of my hair. It also had/has alot of body. I'm 9 weeks post and my new growth feels nicely moisturized. My hair feels different but in a good way.

Now, a couple of questions:1) How do you or can you deep condition with the Wen cleansing product? 2) Is the Remoist a must have?

Chrismiss

IDareT'sHair, i agree. The feeling of my hair after rinsing the product out was not what I expected. However, the way my hair felt after it was dry was amazing. I will have a better idea once I try Wen "heads up", so to speak...without prepooing. I don't want to commit to saying that Wen produced the stripped feeling because the combination of oils I used to prepoo was also a first time experience. It could be that I was doing too many things @ once. So, i will see if the next cleansing produces the same results.

25Nona

IDareT'sHair, i agree. The feeling of my hair after rinsing the product out was not what I expected. However, the way my hair felt after it was dry was amazing. I will have a better idea once I try Wen "heads up", so to speak...without prepooing. I don't want to commit to saying that Wen produced the stripped feeling because the combination of oils I used to prepoo was also a first time experience. It could be that I was doing too many things @ once. So, i will see if the next cleansing produces the same results.

Chrismiss I do agree with you the vanilla mint makes my hair feel different too. Like that squeaky clean feeling without the squeak. I dc with steam after the cleansing process so that helps soften it up but even when roller setting I am extra gentle with my hair. But after my hair is dry it's banging all week pretty much. It is because of these results that I brought 2 more bottles of it b/4 it's gone.

I have tried a few of the flavors, sweet almond mint was my first, and least favorite after using fig. But, now as I am typing this the reason why was because fig left my hair softer then sweet almond mint. Which left my hair feeling similar to how the vanilla mint does so I may give it a try again. Right now I have it in my shower and use it as a shave cream, so I will see.

I alternate between fig, pomegranate, spiced pumpkin and now vanilla mint. I like spiced pumpkin the best but that is almost gone and it supposedly won't be back til later in the year.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

sunnieb

Now, a couple of questions:1) How do you or can you deep condition with the Wen cleansing product? 2) Is the Remoist a must have?

Chrismiss - I only use WEN to cowash with. Yes, you can dc with it. I've read of some other ladies who do, so I hope they chime in.

I'm still surprised at how much my hair loves this product! I never feel stripped though. When I rinse, I just feel softness. :grin:

I'm so tempted to try this :cry2:

Raspberry - come on and join us on the WEN train! There's a seat open next to me! :lachen: You know you gonna buy some eventually. You just need to come to terms with it and buy some! :drunk:

Chrismiss

@bign 7....Ok, thanks for the feedback. Yes, it was a squeaky clean type of feeling to my hair. I also ordered fig, so I will try that when it arrives and see if there is a different feel to my hair. From what everyone says, I'm expecting that my hair will be softer with the fig than with the WVM. Either way, Winter Vanilla Mint is a keeper.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Chrismiss

I plan to use WEN strictly as a Cowash Conditioner. :yep:

I also plan to keep my regular routine/regimen.

So, we'll see. Hopefully, it performs as a decent cowash conditioner. :ohwell:

ojemba

This month I have a lill extra for hair product purchases so I'll be ordering the FIG to try it out. Im in a weave now but I'll use it as my cleanser every other week on my braids under the weave.

Chrismiss

I just received my order from QVC today which consists of the Fig cond. cleanser, the remoist and the replenishing spray. I don't think I need the spray, so I'm going to return that. But I do want to give the remoist a try. I'm going to use the Fig cleanser this week. By the by, my hair never felt coated, even as the days wore on. Reviews on other sites mentioned that their hair felt like it needed to be cleansed again after a couple of days. My hair doesn't feel like that. My hair also has maintained alot of body.

Chrismiss

I opened the Wen Remoist that I received yesterday and it looked like some of it had been scooped out. I wanted to chalk it up to the shipping process but there was a big whole in the middle of the actual product when I opened the jar. At almost $60 bucks a jar, I wasn't feeling that. I called QVC and they are sending me another jar and they told me to just keep the one I have. I was dreading shipping this one back and waiting on another.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I wanna see how I like the Cleansing Conditioners first, before I look at the Remoist.

I do have a couple of the Spritzs, (because I love to Spritz:lol:) that I haven't tried, but have never thought about the Remoist.

I think I have the: Fig & SAM Spritzs.

Chrismiss

Hi Ladies:

Your last cleansing before getting a relaxer, do you use shampoo or Wen? Just curious...It's that time for me and I thought I read that some ladies shampoo(clarify) and do a protein treatment the week before getting the relaxer.

Just an update...I didn't care for the Fig Cleanser. My hair felt better with the WVM. I didn't like the scent of the Fig either. Also, the remoist was a bust to me. I have better conditioners than that in my arsenal.

ackee walk

so, i'm thinking of purchasing wen but can't seem to find a combo of all the products i want.

i want to purchase the cleansing conditioner, the replenishing mist and the remoist in fig. who has the best deal in getting all three-- qvc, the wen official website, or elsewhere?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I listed my WEN on the Exchange Forum (in case anyone is interested) all 16 ounce & new.

I have:

2 Sweet Almond Mint
1 Ginger Pumpkin
2 Pomegrante
2 Vanilla Mint

sunnieb

I used my WEN Pomegranate tonight and I've really missed it! My Garnier and HE are fine, but they can't really compare to my WEN!

I don't know if I can hold out until my next QVC shipment. I don't even know when it's coming.....I think May or June??? :nervous2::nervous2::nervous2::nervous2::nervous2:

Ugh! Why is this stuff so expensive? I guess because it works and the results are amazing. :ohwell:

BGT

@BGT - which ones did you order?

Sent from my Comet

I ordered the $30 kit that came with the Sweet almond mint, DC, styling creme...etc. when i first used it, i was about 9 weeks post and it tangled in my hair horribly and it felt completely stripped. :nono: I relaxed and used it again 1 week post and whoa what a difference! it was so soft and shiny and felt a bit thicker. i got another 30 day kit and came with a sample of lavender, which i just used. it made my hair so soft and detangled so easily. i lost such a small amount of hair while detangling. i'm sitting under the dryer now so i'm excited to see the final results.

JJamiah

@Chrismiss I don't like the sound of "Stripped":perplexed

@sunnieb @JJamiah @MzPrince @Coffee @outspokenwallflower (And Others Of Course) Any thoughts on that?:look:

IDareT'sHair Just saw this post. I have never had any stripped feeling. I have had a blah feeling of not so great from some and okay from others and WOW dam that was awesome from another. LOL

I like the mix of FIG and Ginger pumpking, they are an awesome Duo.

I like FIg by itself.

I don't like Ginger Pumpkin by itself.
Sweet Almond Mint is okay.

I have the Vanilla Mint in my stash as well and can't wait to try it after my Fig/Ginger Pumpkin mix is done. :)

I also have the Pomegrante :) thanks to You know who :giggle: and I can't wait to try that either. :)

JJamiah

IDareT'sHair, I wish you would have tried the fig atleast. :yep: I think you would have like it. It is good stuff. The Sweet Almond Mint wasn't bad though, just not as moisturizing as the Fig and definitely not as much as the FIG/Pumpkin Mix :nono: