Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

PlainJane

I haven't posted in a while. I'm officially 9 months post!
I've been using heat for the past few weeks because I still don't know how to style my hair smh. I tried it's a 10 leave in and it was a big FAIL. I'm going back to aphogee curlific and my Paul Mitchell knockoff leave in from Sally's. I want to try other styles but I haven't had any luck finding a product that will keep my styles intact. Is it safe to add ecostyler to the length of your hair to do twist outs, etc? I've only used it for my edges in the past...

kellistarr

Eugh so I really need to know how to stop cutting hair...I feel like I've been BCing for the past 2-3 weeks :nono: I keep finding straight ends and they're annoying the liiiife out of me, makes me wish I had just BCed with a razor from the getgo 2 years ago!

A before and after of my little issue. See that little asswipe straight-ie poking out? It's driving me nuts! :pullhair:

ASIDE from that, natural hair has been absolutely super. It really tangles so very little and I can handle my hair in much bigger sections now. The hair is naturally very 4a (except in the front) and shrinky and super coily. With condish the curls are bigger/more elongated, and the curls take bigger shapes very easily too if I fingercoil them. They stay easily too, I have yet to try gel. All in all I just love it...I do kinda wish it was thinner and way less of it, but so far so good! :lol:

Am I late? Congratulations! I didn't realize that you had taken the plunge. Ha! This same thing happened to me when I BC'd too many years ago to remember. I kept cutting and cutting and finally went to a salon and got my hair trimmed into a very round and cute afro. Then and only then was I satisfied that all of my straight ends were gone. My hair then grew out very beautifully and evenly. I had the biggest, circular puff. So "Do it till you're satisfied."

SuchaLady

I dont understand my hair. While wet is has little to no curl and is very shiny. It looks like a long ramen noodle with the s shape. But it dries looking like a dehydrated house plant.

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane
flyygirlll2 Yeah, I was always scared of wigs for that very reason. But I seen two vids of women styling this thing and I HAD to pick it up.

Where did you get it from? hmmm.. This has piqued my interest lol. I've gotten to the point of not wanting to be bothered with my hair. Winter where I live can be brutal and if I can hide my hair that would be great. I can't cornrow or braid to save my life though as far how to wear it under the wig, another reason that's stopped me from being about that wig life lol.

coolsista-paris

my hair is getting hard to moisturize!!!! im 9 months post...
its like im trying to get my way through the forest or seperate hard grass to reach the soil!

its annoying... i need to dc i guess but i need time for that.. ive been using aussie 3min , is that enough to considér as a dc ? ( i really leave it on only 5 min, without heat).

ive even though of my relaxer box this week when struggling to moisturize these roots!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
my hair is getting hard to moisturize!!!! im 9 months post... its like im trying to get my way through the forest or seperate hard grass to reach the soil! its annoying... i need to dc i guess but i need time for that.. ive been using aussie 3min , is that enough to considér as a dc ? ( i really leave it on only 5 min, without heat). ive even though of my relaxer box this week when struggling to moisturize these roots!

Deep condition. Your hair will thank u! And you will be able to get through it to MoisturIze. Try an oil treatment on dry hair overnight. Then rinse it and co wash in the morning.

Mische

Today makes 25 months post! I'm fairly certain I'll be chopping before the end of the year. So bored.

PlainJane

my hair is getting hard to moisturize!!!! im 9 months post... its like im trying to get my way through the forest or seperate hard grass to reach the soil! its annoying... i need to dc i guess but i need time for that.. ive been using aussie 3min , is that enough to considér as a dc ? ( i really leave it on only 5 min, without heat). ive even though of my relaxer box this week when struggling to moisturize these roots!
That metaphor was spot on. I am having a hard time reaching my scalp just to shampoo. I use the relaxer method to DC my hair. It takes a long time but it's all that's working for me now

PlainJane

I never thought I would have curls but every shed hair I find in the shower now has a curl attached to one end. I originally didn't care about heat damage, but now this is going to keep me away from heat because I'd love to see how my hair looks fully natural. Unfortunately, that's a single stranded double knot in the pic. I have so many of those too smh

Attachments

• image-1180447452.jpg
    image-1180447452.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 77

sharifeh

Struggle bun today!

It's also wash day tonight

Btw today I'm 13 months post!!!!
I'm still feeling like I want to relax but I'm waiting it out to see if this feeling passes :look:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Amarilles

Ooh...for the first time ever I was able to flat twist all the way back! I don't know why but while transitioning I just couldn't make it happen. I don't think I'll wear them out, I can't get my scalp to show enough to divide the rows, they look so messy, but I'm excited to see the twist-out!

And it just hit me that I need to find a new thread to post in. Lol. Boo!

ETA: Pic!

Attachments

• 20140908_132508.jpg
    20140908_132508.jpg
    463.7 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

Honey Bee

Amarilles, Keep posting here. It's nice to hear from the other side. :yep:

Also Britt :look:, you clean dipped on us. :poke: :lol:

I'm just slogging along... I've been wanting to straighten for a while now, but it's just so daggone humid. :nono: When fall breaks, I'ma be like, :gorgeous: :lol:

SuchaLady

I swear I love you :lol: I bought a jar of relaxer but I haven't used it. :ohwell:

Struggle bun today!

It's also wash day tonight

Btw today I'm 13 months post!!!!
I'm still feeling like I want to relax but I'm waiting it out to see if this feeling passes :look:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

SuchaLady

I surprisingly have not relaxed my hair :look: I have a braid appointment Wednesday. Im getting braids every two months for the rest of the year; which is basically twice.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Hi lovelies! You may or may not (lol) realize i've been MIA most of the year but i'm back NOW! I've had to put my family life back together and now that i've accomplished that, my hair is moving back to a higher priority. I did attempt to transition to texlaxed but the many inconsistent results and a hole in my back hemline, I decided to transition to natural to place the health of my hair in my own hands ONLY. I'm currently just 9 weeks post relaxer and at APL but this damaged portion in the center back is only a few inches long so I don't even count that all my length. It doesn't really matter anyway because i'm going to be doing many trims over time. Please wish me luck ladies on my new journey to natural!!

I haven't browsed the forum much but from what I can see, a lot of the ladies i'm familiar with are still going strong with beautiful hair and even some are completely natural now! I got a lot of catching up to do