Sew-in Challenge 2014-2015 (6 months or 9 months)

loulou82

I'm one week into my 4th install of the challenge. 6 months down! I used the next 4 oz. of my weave hair. My leave out is 16 inches and has been maintaining health even with the straightening. I'll need a trim after the next take down though.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150318_174457.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150318_174457.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 91
  • ForumRunner_20150318_174522.jpg
    ForumRunner_20150318_174522.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:

itsallaboutattitude

Cancer Support in Health
Sewed back up.

Stylist shaped it up. Still think it could have been a little shorter in the back.

God is an alien, and we are living under a microscope.

Attachments

• image-721893756.jpg
    image-721893756.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:

ms.blue

I just re installed my EPRT. This time I have practically have 8ozs of this hair and it was huge. I had the stylist flatiron the hair bone straight but I do love the new color added. Hopefully I will wear this sew in for 2 months.

loulou82

I definitely want to try EPRT at some point.

Update: I cut my leave out. I also had a bushy, wiry patch of hair in my crown and cut that to 12 inches from 16 inches. I really underestimated the value of trimming my hair. I'm having it all cut after my takedown in June for a renewed start.

Kneechay

:look:

Getting a sew in after I leave my office today. I haven't been doing anything much to my hair for months now, I don't have the time I used to back when I was more active on the board. I think I'm going to go my usual 3 months and maybe last month cut into a bob. It's hot weather in Texas now.

ezina

Just removed my weave. I was one day short of reaching 7 weeks. Anywho, I think I'm done with sew-ins. After week 2, all I can think about is the take-down.

Always~Wear~Joy

EP is having an Easter Sale 15% everything on 4/5/15. I'm so tempted to get some 10inch relaxed texture for my summer install. I really love this hair and it's a perfect match.

loulou82

EP is having an Easter Sale 15% everything on 4/5/15. I'm so tempted to get some 10inch relaxed texture for my summer install. I really love this hair and it's a perfect match.

Thanks for the heads up.

My update: I can't put the scissors down. My bangs are now 10 inches. The crown 14 with a wonky 12 inch patch. I dunno why my hair feels do rough and bushy. I'll have to reassess everything in June after I do my next takedown.

pinkness27

For the ladies who work out and have a leave out: What is your routine?

I once got a sew with a leave out that I kept in for 3 months. Every month I'd go in for a wash and by the end of month 3, the leave out was very short. I did not apply heat in between those times.

Now that I'm working out, I get sew ins with no leave out. But I'd like to return to a leave out if I could get a good routine down to reduce breakage.