Sew-in Challenge 2014-2015 (6 months or 9 months)

ceecy29

Still going strong in my sew in. I washed earlier this week and will moisturize my hair underneath again sometime today. December 4th is take down.

Loving this low maintenance hair life!

MRJ1972

Cute my sew in into a Bob!! Love it!!! How are u ladies moisturizing underneath without weighing down the weave?

kupenda

^^^ I diluted Darcys Shea Butter moisturizer in an applicator bottle with water until it was runny. Then I lift the tracks one at a time and apply the mixture to my braids. Rub it in a little, then oil my scalp

JosieLynn

three weeks in! Braids are getting a little loose, but I shampoo'd my hair last night so that was my first thorough wash. might have my cousin tighten the tracks since i think i pulled one of the threads. I am keeping the leave out pretty moisturized and I'm trying to keep the hair underneath pretty clean and moisturized. Not appreciating how cold it's getting where i live, so i might be redoing my hair sooner than i thought to put the closure in to keep my hair from the really cold temps

loulou82

I took my sew in down after 9 weeks and had the hair re-installed 2 days later. I plan to keep this in 8 weeks and install on the same day as takedown.

I need to find a moisturizer on the ground to hold me over until BF sales.

As far as the weave goes, I think can get another 2 or 3 installs with the hair.

Attachments

• September 2014 before trim.jpg
    September 2014 before trim.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 89
  • Starting September 2014 after trim.jpg
    Starting September 2014 after trim.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 2 month progress.jpg
    2 month progress.jpg
    491.1 KB · Views: 122

ceecy29

I took my sew in down after 9 weeks and had the hair re-installed 2 days later. I plan to keep this in 8 weeks and install on the same day as takedown.

I need to find a moisturizer on the ground to hold me over until BF sales.

As far as the weave goes, I think can get another 2 or 3 installs with the hair.

Yay!!! loulou82 I see thicker ends. Great progress!!!

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
Looking good, loulou!!
I am still sans-weave :look:
I just feel my hair needs time to breathe a little, I wore weaves all summer up until October back to back.

I may do 2 more weeks out, then get another install for Christmas

loulou82

Rocky91 Thanks!

Anyone have any BF plans? I'm thinking of either getting Shescentit and Purabody or buying some raw ingredients and creating my own leave in and moisturizer. :yep:

I mixed up ST Knot Sauce, SD Wheatgerm Butter LI, oil and water in an applicator bottle to moisturize my braids. I think I'll stick to using an applicator because I better target my braids and I can avoid getting too much on my weave.

I've attached a pic of my install. Pincurls and flexi rods are my go-tos thus far.

Attachments

• hair .jpg
    hair .jpg
    499.3 KB · Views: 113

Brwnbeauti

I'm at week 6 of sew-ins. I enjoying the ease of it. Where are you all getting your kinky textured hair from?

kupenda

Also, BigChopHair, Fingercomber, My Natural Hair Extensions, and Kinky Kouture Hair Boutique have kinky hair. I havent ordered from them or anyone else, but I stalk their sites pretty often :)

kupenda

Also. I took my sew in down early Saturday morning. I have since detangled, washed, and dc'd twice. Im sleeping in 5 flat twists and will likely cowash/baggy to keep my hair moist and soft while im indoors today. I wont be able to get another sew in for a bit. But I will try to work it out

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Took my microlink sew-in down and cowashed my hair with AIA coconut cowash and HE Hello Hydration. Will get another traditional sewin today maybe

JosieLynn

CafedeBelleza i've used fingercomber before for me, my sisters and my mom and me and my mom are currently in Big Chop Hair, haven't had any issues with either one. I would say Big Chop Hair feels a little bit softer which matches my finer hair texture but one of my sisters has really thick hair and fingercomber matches her hair pretty well

mzpurp

HairPleezeGrow Pretty!! is this the same hair?

I'm going to order from Studio4HairATL again for their Black Friday sale. I'm going to try their Peruvian Body wave this time.

Brwnbeauti

Dd my hair today. It's Indian remy wet n wavy jerry curl hair I like it but it has the weirdest open v closure Cost 72.00 image-28064961.jpg image-3826407288.jpg

Edit: had to change the closure- here's how it looks dry

image-2937885841.jpg

Last edited:

ceecy29

Ordered some new hair from ONYC (kinky curly) on black Friday (11/28) and received it yesterday (12/2) *mind blown* Now that's awesome service. Can't wait to install it:grin:

loulou82

ceecy29 I wanna see too!

I'm 2 weeks into my install and washed and flat ironed. I'm going to purchase perm rods and try that out as an alternative to flat ironing during my next wash and condition.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
After my experience with this saga hair and install i dont think weaves are for me. Its so expensive to get good hair, then you gotta get it put in and then you gotta blend. I have no patience for this weave life. Perhaps if i paid a little more for this install i wouldnt be so salty for havin my leave out get heat damaged and my tracks slip only 2 weeks in.

loulou82

After my experience with this saga hair and install i dont think weaves are for me. Its so expensive to get good hair, then you gotta get it put in and then you gotta blend. I have no patience for this weave life. Perhaps if i paid a little more for this install i wouldnt be so salty for havin my leave out get heat damaged and my tracks slip only 2 weeks in.

Napp

It sounds like your weavologist did you wrong.:nono: Heat damage AND loose tracks?? I've had my share of terrible installers too. Big ole gaps between wefts, braids so tight I had to take the sew in down thus waiting my money... That's way I'm sticking with my current stylist, ain't no way I'm going on a trial and error search for a new person.

ceecy29

Cant wait for you to install either lol!

ceecy29 I wanna see too!

Haha!!! HairPleezeGrow & loulou82 I can't wait either, ladies. My take down was supposed to be today but I had to reschedule for next week. I follow ONYC on instagram and the pictures I see of this hair are very nice.

What do you ladies think of having the tracks made into a wig? I'm have trouble with my scalp and this prevents me from properly moisturizing my hair underneath. I feel like if it's a wig, I can take it off, wash thoroughly and moisturize properly then let my scalp air dry. I can also wash more often if my scalp starts acting up. But I don't know if it's worth it making a wig vs. sewing the hair on.