Is there a wig vendor we can trust?

mshoneyfly

I fully trust April Lace wigs. I've gotten 3 wigs so far. Superb customer service and I just ordered yet another one. I'm addicted to their silk tops.

PinkSunshine77 Im thinking of getting one of the silk tops but not sure which texture is best. Should I get yaki or virgin hair? I know I don't want Italian bc it seems too dense for my fine, low density hair. I know I want it to mimic my natural texture.

What are the specs on the wigs you have?

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Last edited:

cami88

I purchase my full lace wigs from a trusted CV. I don't have the funds to pay these exorbitant prices that American vendors want. I just received one that is a near perfect match for my natural 4b hair in a twist out.

Sent from my galaxy s4 using LHCF

scarcity21

I purchase my full lace wigs from a trusted CV. I don't have the funds to pay these exorbitant prices that American vendors want. I just received one that is a near perfect match for my natural 4b hair in a twist out. Sent from my galaxy s4 using LHCF

cami88, Can u pm me deets please?

Last edited:

cami88

The vendor is no secret y'all it is kevincn. I gave him some pictures that I asked him to replicate. The smallest he will do is a 5mm curl but when brushed out it is a near perfect match for twisted 4b hair.

Sent from my samsung galaxy tab using LHCF

cami88

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Is that another wig shop?

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Yes, and here's an update. I hate how there is hardly any parting space on that WowAfrican wig I bought. I bought another wig from April Lace Wigs and hands down my wig is the:
Coarse Yaki
12 inches
Jet Black

This is the only wig i'm ever buying again. I like the Italian Yaki, but it was way too coarse and I would have to flat iron it regularly. I want no fuss when I rock a wig.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
PinkSunshine77 Im thinking of getting one of the silk tops but not sure which texture is best. Should I get yaki or virgin hair? I know I don't want Italian bc it seems too dense for my fine, low density hair. I know I want it to mimic my natural texture.

What are the specs on the wigs you have?

I LOVE this HHJ!!

The wigs I have currently are:
Italian Yaki. It is EXTREMELY big and coarse. Nice if you like big hair. I'm not a fan of really big wigs like this one. I flat ironed it though and it was a perfect once I did that.

Coarse Yaki is pretty much my fave. It looks like freshly permed hair. Not too straight, not too coarse. Just right.

The wig I'm currently rocking from April Lace wigs and my absolute favorite is:

Specs:

12 in
Small cap
Coarse Yaki
Medium brown lace

Lace or silk top, usually silk tops, but the one I have now is just a lace front.
I remove all combs and clips. I loathe them digging in my scalp.

Here is the wig:

I cut her this length and I plan on tweezing the part a little because it looks a little close and unnatural to my eye. Here is the link to this unit:

http://www.aprillacewigs.com/lace-f...op-lace-front-coarse-yaki-wig-for-summer.html

Last edited:

ZapMami

April lw must have sent me a bad one. I got about a month out of that wig. Once I washed it or the silicone coating or whatever they put in it came off it. It turned into a furry beast. I then tried to bleach bath it. And what I got was matted hair that almost looked like it was melted . I'm convinced that my wig was a synthetic blend. I paid like $250 for that mess. Never again. I still have it around here somewhere. I will post a pic

mshoneyfly

PinkSunshine77
Ooo...thanks for all the details. Most people on YT really like the course yaki or the lite yaki. The course looks just right for me with just the right amount of texture; thanks to your awesome pics.

I wanna get one course yaki and then really splurge on a virgin Brazilian.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
PinkSunshine77
Ooo...thanks for all the details. Most people on YT really like the course yaki or the lite yaki. The course looks just right for me with just the right amount of texture; thanks to your awesome pics.

I wanna get one course yaki and then really splurge on a virgin Brazilian.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Anytime :D you'd think "Coarse" yaki would be more like the Italian Yaki but it's really not.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
April lw must have sent me a bad one. I got about a month out of that wig. Once I washed it or the silicone coating or whatever they put in it came off it. It turned into a furry beast. I then tried to bleach bath it. And what I got was matted hair that almost looked like it was melted . I'm convinced that my wig was a synthetic blend. I paid like $250 for that mess. Never again. I still have it around here somewhere. I will post a pic

I've never bleached my hair. I also always wash my wigs before wearing them. I've never had any silicon coating on any of my wigs. I'm not sure why you did. Sorry that happened to you. I have ordered 4 or 5 times. I've been pleased every single time. I don't work for them at all either.

msbettyboop

Ok, I'm enjoying the wig but the wig cap is giving me an almighty headache. I've worn it for a week and I can't bear it any more. Any advice for loosening the cap?

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Ok, I'm enjoying the wig but the wig cap is giving me an almighty headache. I've worn it for a week and I can't bear it any more. Any advice for loosening the cap?

maybe you can cut a tiny slit on the sides to give your head some room.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I ordered a new Italian Yaki unit this past Thurs. Should be here today or tomorrow because of the holiday. My son Micah destroyed the wig above that I love :/ I had to cut a bang into it and it's quite beautiful now after a haircut, but nowhere near the length I had before that I loved.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
Now, this is the Italian Yaki freshly washed and airdried. I am cutting the bang more, so it's not done. I haven't worn a wig in about 4 days because I wanted my TWA to be free. I'm not sure when I'll go back to my wigs. My WNGs have been on point lately. I am also going to cut a little more on the right to even it out more with the left.

*excuse my struggling wig stand*

Iammoney

Wealth magnet
The vendor is no secret y'all it is kevincn. I gave him some pictures that I asked him to replicate. The smallest he will do is a 5mm curl but when brushed out it is a near perfect match for twisted 4b hair.

Sent from my samsung galaxy tab using LHCF

Can you post his link please

AtlantaJJ

Executive decision, huh..... Cute!

Im glad you made that decision. And you're right! I hate looking at a dried up curly wig. Can you take a pic of the unit when you receive it? I may have to make that same decision for the summer!

ThatJerseyGirl I applogize! I'm just now coming back to this thread. I should have posted pics ages ago! I'm wearing my curly in my avi picture.

AtlantaJJ

Now that's it's fall, I'm thinking about getting an Itailan Yaki or something more on the straight side for the cooler weather. My curly did me right all summer! We traveled and everything!

FemmeFatale

Now, this is the Italian Yaki freshly washed and airdried. I am cutting the bang more, so it's not done. I haven't worn a wig in about 4 days because I wanted my TWA to be free. I'm not sure when I'll go back to my wigs. My WNGs have been on point lately. I am also going to cut a little more on the right to even it out more with the left.

*excuse my struggling wig stand*

PinkSunshine77 can you repost the pics of your Italian Yaki unit again please?

How do you like it?

AyannaDivine

I've ordered 2 units from Classic Lace Wigs and haven't had any major issues. They have really good customer service too.

SpiritJunkie

So glad i found this thread. I ordered a silk top piece form Optimal Hair /Roman that was great and then I ordered at $250 custom wig from him that was ok at first. not as full as i asked nor was it as long but i made it work. when i went on vacay swimming in the salt water that was the last stray for this wig...that wig is now a wrap!

ii am thinking of spending some money and trying california wigs.

AyannaDivine you still happy with your wig

AyannaDivine

So glad i found this thread. I ordered a silk top piece form Optimal Hair /Roman that was great and then I ordered at $250 custom wig from him that was ok at first. not as full as i asked nor was it as long but i made it work. when i went on vacay swimming in the salt water that was the last stray for this wig...that wig is now a wrap!

ii am thinking of spending some money and trying california wigs.

AyannaDivine you still happy with your wig

Aww man! Did you try to wash and deep condition the wig? I didn't know salt water could damage human hair.

I don't wear either of my units anymore. One of them started shedding too much, and I cut the other one too short by mistake.

SpiritJunkie

Aww man! Did you try to wash and deep condition the wig? I didn't know salt water could damage human hair. I don't wear either of my units anymore. One of them started shedding too much, and I cut the other one too short by mistake.

I didn't know that either. Makes me wonder if it was mixed with synthetic. Wig is in the garbage. I'm not ordering from him anymore.