Nexxus Keraphix

LondonDiva

Ladies how often are you supposed to use the Keraphix. Can it be used weekly?

Any good things to say about the keraphix?

AngieK

I was always told that you should NOT use Keraphix every week unless you have EXTREME damage.

I used to use the Nexxus products a few years ago and then on and off as recently as last year. I have stopped using them altogether because the products were not doing very much for my hair, and I learned that there are some damaging ingredients in a few of the products. They were good for a few uses, but my hair started to feel dry over time. I figure that the mineral oil in the Humectress may have been the culprit, along with the detergents in the Therappe shampoo.

My conclusion is that the Nexxus products were OK for occasional use, but prolonged caused my hair and scalp to feel dry (my opinion).

AngieK

Tracy

<font color="purple"> I use the Keraphix weekly. You shouldn't if it bothers your hair (maybe play with it to see if less frequent use gives you the best results - every 2 weeks? 6 weeks?) but it is one of my fav reconstructors. I've never had a problem primarily using hair "rebuilders" in my regime tho (I used to use HI PRO PAC, Sebastian 2+1 and Infusium Power Pac in this way before I switched - temporarily /images/graemlins/grin.gif to Keraphix) because conditioners with a little protein and a little moisture always seem to work better for me than either one or the other (with the exception of a few wonderful moisturizing conditioners that I've discovered).

Bare in mind that I don't consider Keraphix a protein conditioner with the strength that something like Aphoghee or Dudleys DRC28 or Nexxus Emergencee would carry, so I use them (as long as the brand works for me) pretty often. The brand is important because even some creamy protein conditioners can be pretty strong - like Bone Marrow is too strong for weekly use on my hair) My hair is colored tho and could be characterized as very damaged I suppose. Perhaps that's why my hair responds well to the effects.

I agree with AngieK that if they dry your hair out leave 'em alone or cut back.
HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif </font color>

LondonDiva

Thanks for the reviews ladies.

I was umming and aaahing last night over whether to use CPR or Keraphix as my hair was extremely dry. (The winter has come early and the dry air in the house from the heating is back in full effect this season).

I guess my Humectress disaster put me off using the Keraphix so I used the CPR shampoo &amp; Conditioner and nursed my hair back to health.

I'll try the Keraphix next week and see how I like it. I can usually tell how a conditioner is going to work on my hair when I comb it thru before I use the hooded dryer. Product Junkie intuition I guess. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif Hell, I can tell when I squeeze it out of the bottle and rub my hands together before applying it. I guess I'm learning what my hair likes and what it will react to.

Kitkat

<font color="blue">LondonDiva, I don't think you'll encounter major problems using the Keraphix on a regular basis for the same reasons that Tracy stated: it's a creamy protein conditioner. I've never used Aphogee or the Dudley's protein conditioner, but I think that those protein conditioners are concentrated. The Keraphix leaves my hair pretty soft. Just in case, though, I usually use a moisturizing conditioner after the Keraphix. Hope this helps. </font color>

Elyse

<font color="brown">

London Diva,

I don't use Keraphix anymore because it made my hair very dry and hard. If you use it, then be sure to use a moisturizing conditioner afterwards.</font color>

LondonDiva

Oooooh Lordy.

Elyse have you used Humectress by Nexxus?
The reason I ask is if you've had the same experence with Humectress like I did then maybe our hair is similar to the point where mine won't take too well to the keraphix.

Elyse

<font color="green">
LondonDiva,

I used Humectress a long time ago, in the early 90s. It did nothing for my hair and I haven't tried it since then. For whatever reason the Nexxus products do not seem to do much for my hair. /images/graemlins/frown.gif</font color>

buffyangelfan2

I did a protein condition with Nexxus Keraphix 2 days ago. I shampooed with CON then put the keraphix on with a plastic cap for about 45 minutes. No heat. Afterwards, I used the Nexxus Humectress moisturizing conditioner just like I was supposed to. But my hair still feels dry and hard. I am going to rewash today.

sbj4115

oh, wow. really? i just bought keraphix cuz i read here that it's a "mild" protein conditioner, and then i was gonna follow it with keracare humecto. do you think that'll be moisturizing enough?

PrettyBrownEyes

[ QUOTE ]
sbj4115 said:
oh, wow. really? i just bought keraphix cuz i read here that it's a "mild" protein conditioner, and then i was gonna follow it with keracare humecto. do you think that'll be moisturizing enough?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that would be a great combination!

PrettyBrownEyes

[ QUOTE ]
buffyangelfan2 said:
I did a protein condition with Nexxus Keraphix 2 days ago. I shampooed with CON then put the keraphix on with a plastic cap for about 45 minutes. No heat. Afterwards, I used the Nexxus Humectress moisturizing conditioner just like I was supposed to. But my hair still feels dry and hard. I am going to rewash today.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds like you may have overdid it. I only leave in on for probably about 10 minutes, 15 at the most. I follow it up with a moisturizing conditioner that doesn't have protein in it. The Humectress has Keratin protein in it just like the Keraphix does, so maybe your hair didn't like all of that protein at one time.