APHOGEE TREATMENT :BeFore or AftEr relaxer ???

APHOGEE treatment : BEFORE or AFTER RELAXER ?

• Total voters

neyhla

hello girl,
Do you think it's better to use aphogee a week before relaxing or a week after relaxing ? why ?

bellezanegra826

is it bad to use it both before and after a relaxer? it seems like you could use it before to build up the strength of your hair and prepare it for being broken down by the perm. then you could use it after to rebuild the hair after perm has broken it down a bit. that's probably too much protein, but it sounds like a good idea

Jadore_tay

omg 4 a mintue i thought we had the same name my name is Lataysha lol it looks close..anyway i dis the treatment a week b4 but im not sure if i was better though

LaidBak

I know this thread is old but...
I just had my hair relaxed 4 days ago. They gave me a hard protein (like the Aphogee 2 Step) right after I was neutralized. I was horrified because I am very protein sensitive. But wouldn't you know it...my hair responded very well to it. My breakage has been at a minimum.

JJamiah

I always do a Aphogee 2 step the week before my relaxer. :)
The week after I Clarify and do a Nexxus Treatment :)

and my hair is in prime condition because of these steps. I won't ever STOP!!!

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i go by my hair.....i usually do a protein treatment one week before and again two weeks after. which treatment i use depends on my hair and how it feels. if it feels strong, i do a lighter treatment.

i usually choose between aphoghee 2 step or aveda damage remedy or elasta breakage serum.

aphoghee 2 step is heavy. aveda is light/medium. elasta is medium.

Last edited:

ladylina

I have fine hair so I always do the Aphogee before my relaxer, and the week after I use the Aphogee 2 min or a homemade conditioner.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I know some say they do the 2 step a week before, I'm a little under a week away, like 5 days away from a relaxer. Is that okay?

chasturner84

I know some say they do the 2 step a week before, I'm a little under a week away, like 5 days away from a relaxer. Is that okay?

You will be fine with doing it now. The purpose of doing it the week for is so that your hair will be stronger in preparation for the relaxer. I've waited up until 4 days before with terrific results. My hair was really strong afterward.

divachyk

You will be fine with doing it now. The purpose of doing it the week for is so that your hair will be stronger in preparation for the relaxer. I've waited up until 4 days before with terrific results. My hair was really strong afterward.[/QUOTE

cool, good looking out....thx a bunch.

divachyk

another question -- this time it's referring to the 2 minute protein not the 2 step treatment.

(1) do you let the aphogee 2 minute protein stay on for longer than 2 minutes. I think the bottle suggests up to 5 minutes for damaged hair. Just curious how close to the 2min/5min rule do you stick with.

(2) do you use the 2 minute protein with a heat cap or hooded dryer?

bimtheduck

I usually use the aphogee 2 step a week before a relaxer and the aphogee 2 min a week after a relaxer. This last touch up I did aphogee 2 step before and after bc I was experiencing a lot of breakage. It worked out great.

another question -- this time it's referring to the 2 minute protein not the 2 step treatment.

(1) do you let the aphogee 2 minute protein stay on for longer than 2 minutes. I think the bottle suggests up to 5 minutes for damaged hair. Just curious how close to the 2min/5min rule do you stick with.

1. I've never had any problems leaving it on for 10-15 min.

2. I don't use it with a heat cap or dryer. I just slap it on and pile my hair on top of my head w a hair tie.

chasturner84

I usually leave it on for 5 minutes although my hair isn't damaged with a plastic cap (other times I leave it on and finish my shower...up to 15 mins). I know some who will mix the 2 min with their DC and get under a dryer for 20-30 mins...completely up to you. The timing doesn't really matter (in my case, of course).

Ballerina_Bun

I always used it after I relaxed. I used it after using the neutralizer. My hair always felt weird, if I skipped this. I never had a problem doing it this way. It actually felt stronger and healthier this way.

Carisa

Before and after, before to prevent damage and after to strengthen my hair. The only difference is that i do these treatments more sparingly (i only get relaxers and use protein about every 3 months)