Is there anyone out there that still....

Eyvonne7131

blow drys their hair with a comb blow dryer? I know that is suppose to be harmful to your hair but i am just curious if anyone is doing this and has experienced no problems. (no breakage, shedding, etc...)

H

HoneyRockette

I have one and I used to use it every once in a while if it was taking too long to air dry. I can't say I have never had any problems with it because although I never noticed any breakage or dryness while I was doing my hair, after I finished blow drying it, I would look up and see a wall full of my hair. Even when my hair was in better condition this happened. That dryer was initially made for men to blow out their shorter natural hair. I don't think it was meant for a woman with longer hair to use.

Ashee

Eyvonne7131 said:
blow drys their hair with a comb blow dryer? I know that is suppose to be harmful to your hair but i am just curious if anyone is doing this and has experienced no problems. (no breakage, shedding, etc...)

I don't. I can't control the comb attatchment & it breaks off my hair... :mad:

LABETT

I use mine all time without any breakage or shedding I alway use some kind of heat protectant my hair does not like airdrying frequently.

EXSQUISIT

I use a blow dryer with a comb attachment once weekly now with my weekly wash. Airdrying gives me major heartaches. I haven't had any adverse effects.

Just this past weekend a girlfriend of mine washed and shampooed my hair, then used a blowdrier (on a warm setting) to dry my hair. I think it was the first time this year that my hair has been subject to one. I asked her to pull it all back in a ponytail since i'd be working out regularly.

Iansan

I blowdried my hair with a comb attachment this past weekend. I didn't notice any excess breakage or shedding. It did feel drier than usual but after moisturizing and oiling, it was good to go. I don't like the way my hair feels though. It feels stiff and coarse, while rollersetting leaves my hair with more bounce and silkiness.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
Before joining LHCF I used a blow dryer with a comb attachment weekly. My hiar grew but it always felt dry no matter which protectant I used. I ALWAYS found those little hair in the sink and on my clothing.

The few times I have used a blow dryer the past couple months I have used it on a cool setting. I still hated how my hair felt after even I used a heat protectant and a moisturizer. I will get under a hooded dryer though. If I have to use heat I usually use my hood dryer or my soft bonnet. They don't make my hair as dry.

I say if it works for you go for it. For me the less heat the better.

Daughter

UK Blak
My hair broke when I used to bliw dry it with the comb attachment :( and it felt dry and crispy afterwards too :(

baglady215

Whenever I do blow dry (rarely), I use a paddle brush. I always have breakage with the comb but none with the brush.