? for ladies that practice the "ponytail" method..

Eyvonne7131

? for ladies that practice the \"ponytail\" method..

Do you put your hair in one big ponytail or more?

Do you air dry or use a hooded dryer?

What do you do with your ends once dry...curl with a curling iron?

Thanks for your response. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

notsomebody

Re: ? for ladies that practice the \"ponytail\" meth

The answer to all of your questions is "it depends". Normally, I only do one big pony tail after a relaxer. Otherwise, I tend to do between 2 and 8. The number increases the closer I get to close up time. The beauy of the ponytail is that you can air dry or sit under a dryer.
As for the ends, I go back and forth between what I want the desired set to look like. IF I want waves, I Braid them. IF I want large loose waves, I twist them. If I want them straight I wrap the ponytails, if I want curled I roll them. I don't use a curling iron so I can't comment on that one.

I do like using ponytails you just have to be careful not to make them too tight and to always put somethng on your edges to protect them. I like castor oil for that.

pmichael52172

Re: ? for ladies that practice the \"ponytail\" method..

It depends with me as well. I often do one big ponytail, but because my hair is thin, it tends to revert into a pulled back fashion even when it's curled all over. I guess it's because it has dried that way. To solve that, I've started altering my ponytails meaning I do one on each side. But I never thought of doing several like "notsomebody" so I'm going to try that this weekend.

I let mine airdry. Although the regime advises that you let it completely dry before you retire for the evening, I simply apply some of my shea/oil mix to my hair (thanks to Sweetcocoa /images/graemlins/wink.gif)a good leave-in conditioner in, do the ponytails (carefully because thin wet hair being combed screams for breakage) and then put my silk scarf on to protect and help the edges and crown dry straight and go to bed.

After it's dry (the next morning) I take it down, moisturize my scalp if needed with a little Jojoba oil, and moisturize my strands with my shea/oil mix and flat iron. The flat iron heat is the only heat that will touch my hair until the next time I wash it.

I think I'll try twisting my ponytails or curling them around like "notsomebody". The worst that could happen is that I don't like it and end up flatironing anyway.

notsomebody

my fiance always thinks this is funniest set. He says its how his mom used to do his little sister's hair when they were kids. But I don't mind because I've seen pictures of them when they were kids, she had really long hair, she still does. As a matter of fact, I think she gave me this tip.

Tea

Re: ? for ladies that practice the \"ponytail\" method..

The number of ponytails depends on how much new growth I have. I usually do one big ponytail. If I have alot of new growth I usually do two. I air dry and don't curl after it's dry.

Kathy

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
If I want them straight I wrap the ponytails

[/ QUOTE ]

Would you please explain how you do this. Is it like creating a bun/pincurl?

notsomebody

I got this idea from the old board. Someone posted instructions on how to wrap your hair. I have never been able to successfully wrap my entire head. What I normally ended up doing was putting a ponytail at the crown and wrapping the rest, or twisting, bunning, rolling the crown and wrapping the rest.

Well, a really smart lady (I can't remember who, but I want to say it was mahalialee) posted instructions on how to wrap your hair. She said to visualize your head as a giant roller. While, traditional wrap sets still don't work on my hair because of how thick the crown is, I found that if I Put my hair into four pony tails, the visualization makes so much sense.

I put my hair in the ponytails. Apply wgo or evoo through the length of the ponytail, and then smooth them around my head one at a time. If necessary, I use a bobby pin or two to pin them into place. I just keep picturing my head as a giant roller and roll each ponytail around it.

I hope this makes sense. IF not, I will try to figure out a way to take a picture of it and post it. I am just not keen on putting my picture on the web. But, I have seen some very ingenious means of hiding my face from the other ladies here.