Long Box Braids aka Booty Braids.. Would you rock them?

Kerryann

No problem because I'm trying to go for 3 months with these so I will also need a system

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

lwilliams1922

I'm in the process of braiding my hair today. I used the hair without cutting in half and it's waist length right now. I still have some more to do but it is HEAVY.
If I don't get used to it by morning I might have to shorten them a bit.

DaughterOfZion1

Yup I actually had them early this year and I have them in now. EVERYBODY loves them! I get tons of compliments. I use xpressions hair. It's hair from Nigeria. Its EXTREMELY light so even though your braids are super long, you barely feel it.

They sell it at graces beauty supply in lanham, md. I'm sure they sell it other places.

It's my favorite protective style. Its just that it can be a *bit* rough on the edges. So I'm thinking of doing 2-3 months of wigs, then 2-3 months of braids, and continue the process until I hit BSL in Jesus name! Amen

Sorry guys, it's that serious for me *lol*

Geminigirl

Yup I actually had them early this year and I have them in now. EVERYBODY loves them! I get tons of compliments. I use xpressions hair. It's hair from Nigeria. Its EXTREMELY light so even though your braids are super long, you barely feel it.

They sell it at graces beauty supply in lanham, md. I'm sure they sell it other places.

It's my favorite protective style. Its just that it can be a *bit* rough on the edges. So I'm thinking of doing 2-3 months of wigs, then 2-3 months of braids, and continue the process until I hit BSL in Jesus name! Amen

Sorry guys, it's that serious for me *lol*

OMG do you have the number to the store? How much does the hair cost? I saw the solange inspired tutorial on YouTube and she used this hair and the braids were beautiful. I'm ready to take out my yarn braids and try these.

Torridiana77? On YouTube had some long braids she did herself that were beautiful. I'm not sure if I want them small like hers or big like the solange inspired tutorial. So glad I saw this because I was going to give in and get regular bss brand.

ETA: I think I found the number but how many packs do you need? I hope the ship. They are probably closed cause its Sunday ill try again tomorrow. Hopefully they aren't Asian and if they are hopefully we can communicate effectively.
excuse my typos i hate it as much as you.

trendsetta25

The only issues I had was that I couldn't wear buns. They just felt way too heavy. I did them myself so I just touched them up along the way. I used synthetic hair and I felt really fly with them. Not the best pic but for some reason I can't find too many of them.

I experienced the same problem. I loved them but the tension was killing my hairline so I took them out after a week. I have a YouTube video showing how I put them in. Search "solange inspired box braids" on YT. My channel is linked in my siggy.

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
I love the look.
I would do super long yarn twists though. Cheaper, and faster takedown...I'm actually debating doing some of those soon. like today.

Geminigirl

I experienced the same problem. I loved them but the tension was killing my hairline so I took them out after a week. I have a YouTube video showing how I put them in. Search "solange inspired box braids" on YT. My channel is linked in my siggy.

I think I saw your video cause over been thinking bout this for awhile. I don't braid my edges so hopefully that wont be a problem for me.

excuse my typos i hate it as much as you.

lilyofthenile

Yes but if maintaining them wouldn't be an issue... also I'm quite terrified of long braids because it means they are heavier as well... it looks like a great look though.