Anyone taking Collagen supplement?

Aggie

@Aggie - actually I have the Youtheory brand at my office as a back-up if I don't take the (NeoCell) collagen in the morning. Initially, I purchased both last year. After comparing the two bottles and reading about the collagens I was going to return the Youtheory and forgot to, so it became a back-up. Given the suggestion to not take Collagen 2 along with 1 and 3- my plan is to not re-purchase Youtheory.

Okay thanks @ilong. Ill read more on the Youtheory and do my comparisons as well.

Aggie

Okay ladies, I just reordered my Neocell Collagen and hyaluronic acid from vitacost as these two work very well together - the HA acting as the collagen booster. It adds that little oomph to the collagen and drives it better into the areas it's needed - especially the skin, hair and nails.

I'm taking the collagen this time around for the joints in my shoulders. I do a lot of push ups during my workouts and my shoulders are beginning to suffer, so this is right on time for me.

Aggie

Oh by the way, I already have 1000mg vitamin C in my stash of vitamins so I had no need to purchase more at the moment. I have a huge bottle of it because I take quite a bit of it on a daily basis - like 3000mg a day. Vitamin C is a collagen booster as well:yep:.

MsNaturalcurl82

I'm currently taking beef gelatin. The name of the brand is "Now". It has high amounts of collagen and is about 90% protein. I actually started taking it because I lost weight and had some loose skin. I was doing some research on line which recommended it for tightening loose skin. The reviews on Amazon were great and most people reported great increases in nail strength. I just started it this week, but I'll repost in the future with my results. This will generally help with improving skin, hair and nails.

Evolving78

I'm currently taking beef gelatin. The name of the brand is "Now". It has high amounts of collagen and is about 90% protein. I actually started taking it because I lost weight and had some loose skin. I was doing some research on line which recommended it for tightening loose skin. The reviews on Amazon were great and most people reported great increases in nail strength. I just started it this week, but I'll repost in the future with my results. This will generally help with improving skin, hair and nails.
Is it in a powder form? If so, how do you use it?

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Started taking NeoCell 1 & 3 (6,000 mg Collagen) about a week ago. I only take x2 once per day.

Taking several supplements so I don't want to get supplement overload.

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
Oooh please do update im having the same issue with skin and weight loss.

Actually this whole thread is a great reminded I have a full bottle of that expensive arse Neo Cell I need to use up.

If your beef collagen works well then I'll leave Neo Cell.

julzinha

I take Neocell 1 & 3 for hair and nails, and 2 for joints and ligaments. My hair is more dense with less breakage, my nails are finally growing out, and I have less generalized aches and pains!
That's great to hear, I've been taking the same collagen for a little over 2 months in hopes of thicker hair and since I started my weight loss journey again to prevent any loose skin.

So far, I noticed stronger nails immediately. My hair is in braids so I will measure thickness in 2 months, but my skin seems tighter and better.

ilong

God's Own
Started taking NeoCell 1 & 3 (6,000 mg Collagen) about a week ago. I only take x2 once per day.

Taking several supplements so I don't want to get supplement overload.
@IDareT'sHair - so you are getting 2000mg of NeoCell , right? What else are you taking?

LOL @ supplement overload - I think I'm there.
A friend who is very ill mentioned the number of pills she had to take daily. In a humorous manner, and trying to keep her spirits up, I said "girl is that all? I take 26, plus a protein powder supplement and msm powder in my protein shake. She was shocked but it did cheer her up!:D

ilong

God's Own
@MzNaturalcurl82 - the beef gelatin appears to be a fantastic product. 90% protein is amazing. If I weren't taking supplements high in protein, I would consider the gelatin.

ilong

God's Own
@IDareT'sHair - for as many supplements as I take - I should have hair like a werewolf (literally all over my body). :biggrin:
I have been monitoring body hair for any sign(s) of increased hair growth - so far - nada. If one does occur I hope it's on the top of my head.
Neo cell, hair and skin on fleek. hth
@leleepop - my skin is but my hair is not yet cooperating. It better get with the program or :whip:

ilong

God's Own
That's great to hear, I've been taking the same collagen for a little over 2 months in hopes of thicker hair and since I started my weight loss journey again to prevent any loose skin.

So far, I noticed stronger nails immediately. My hair is in braids so I will measure thickness in 2 months, but my skin seems tighter and better.
@julzinha - yes - nails seem to thrive with MSM and/or Collagen. Keep us updated on your hair. I plan to get either a sew-in or braids in July to help the "growth" process.

ilong

God's Own
@Leo24Rule - how ironic I was reading your post in the BSL/MBL 2015 thread when your Like Alert popped up. :smile: FYI - The Swanson's bamboo silica is what I others here on the forum purchase. The other poster in the BSL/MBL thread was right, Bamboo Silica has 70% silica content versus 7% silica in Horsetail.
If you do a search on bamboo tea you should see some threads/posts where several LHCF members were purchasing their tea from a website (black lady). Sorry I don't recall the name right now. Also be careful, not to take too much silica.

ilong

God's Own
@Leo24Rule -
Both horsetail and bamboo extract contain silica and the pre-cautions and warnings pertain to silica (not just horsetail) .

P.S. I am only referring to horsetail and bamboo extract - NOT the silica found in the little packets of purses, shoes, supplements, etc.

Last edited:

leleepop

@IDareT'sHair - for as many supplements as I take - I should have hair like a werewolf (literally all over my body). :biggrin:
I have been monitoring body hair for any sign(s) of increased hair growth - so far - nada. If one does occur I hope it's on the top of my head.
@leleepop - my skin is but my hair is not yet cooperating. It better get with the program or :whip:
Yes sometimes with supplements the hair takes a little longer, wheat germ does good for my hair too.

Evolving78

Oooh please do update im having the same issue with skin and weight loss.

Actually this whole thread is a great reminded I have a full bottle of that expensive arse Neo Cell I need to use up.

If your beef collagen works well then I'll leave Neo Cell.
I'm going to purchase some tomorrow.

kandegirl

I switched to the Walmart 1+3 w/ vitamin C brand from the one in the blue bottle (don't know the name) and I think I'm still getting good results. Walmart $8!
I just took down twists and my new growth is crazy thick and more coarse than usual, didn't think that was possible. I got major growth but I was also using sulfur oil. I'm sticking with this b/c it 's growing my stepmom's hair out but she still uses the expensive brand (blue bottle).

ilong

God's Own
I switched to the Walmart 1+3 w/ vitamin C brand from the one in the blue bottle (don't know the name) and I think I'm still getting good results. Walmart $8!
I just took down twists and my new growth is crazy thick and more coarse than usual, didn't think that was possible. I got major growth but I was also using sulfur oil. I'm sticking with this b/c it 's growing my stepmom's hair out but she still uses the expensive brand (blue bottle).
@kandegirl - thanks for the tip. Good to know about Walmart Brand - can you post a picture in case one of us want to save some $ and try it out